Patrick Thistle vs Rangers, 26th November

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Tedi said:

What? Celebrating an equalizer? that is even worse, have they no shame?

Its probably more the fact that Rangers fans wouldn't usually go absolutely tonto, and players wouldn't dive into the crowd, at going 1-1 with Partick. We've all been told its the "same club, with the same standards", and the old club wouldn't have acted like that was a job done, and would've just grabbed the ball and went straight for a winner after the restart.

Its a minor thing, but it shows that mentally, you lot are closer to the rest of us than you are to Celtic.

4 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It's not surprising to see a Rangers fan with reasonable views on a multi-club board. Fans like that on Rangers Media, would doubtless get the bullet rather sharply here. The unfortunate issue is, Rangers Media represents the views of the average Rangers fan. I know that full well, as I'm from the central belt, and 60% of my mates are Rangers fans.

I tell it how I see it, what people think of me on a forum isn't important.

Just now, bennett said:

I tell it how I see it, what people think of me on a forum isn't important.

Fair enough, but let me ask you question.

How does a seemingly sensible person such as yourself tolerate the bile that comes from the (vast) majority your fans?

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Fair enough, but let me ask you question.

How does a seemingly sensible person such as yourself tolerate the bile that comes from the (vast) majority your fans?

Orange/loyalist songs?

Not everyone's cup of tea I'll grant you but as long as certain aspects are cut out, what's the problem?

Orange/loyalist songs?

Not everyone's cup of tea I'll grant you but as long as certain aspects are cut out, what's the problem?

When are the certain aspects going to be cut out though?

Hasn't changed at all as long as I've been aware of it.

Same flies, different shite.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Orange/loyalist songs?

Even if certain aspects are cut out (which the aren't), the meaning is still there. It's the same as why the vast majority of Scots despise the British national anthem due to the historical passage about quelling the rebellious Scots. The vast majority of your songs have a sectarian element (if not outright brutally sectarian), and cutting out certain verses means shit all.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Maybe it would help if you two could say what songs you are referring to, as I never heard anything untoward.

I wouldn't dignify them by referring to them by name. You know fine well what we're on about though.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Maybe it would help if you two could say what songs you are referring to, as I never heard anything untoward.

If you're telling us you didn't hear the "up to our knees in ****** blood" line numerous times then you're a liar.

The 'Super Rangers' song had the "****** b*****ds" line in there.  

They also had the Bobby Sands one, whatever that is.  The actual sentiment there doesn't particularly bother me, but the context does.

No need to dance round the fact of the singing though.  It shouldn't be happening.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They also had the Bobby Sands one, whatever that is.  The actual sentiment there doesn't particularly bother me, but the context does.

No need to dance round the fact of the singing though.  It shouldn't be happening.

Neither should the extra 'Rangers time', but what are we gonna do with the people in charge of our game?

Let's not let Celtic away either. Every bit as bad.

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If you're telling us you didn't hear the "up to our knees in ****** blood" line numerous times then you're a liar.

Never happened, you heard the Dodoo song.

Fathers advice. Which sounds like Fields of Athenry.

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Neither should the extra 'Rangers time', but what are we gonna do with the people in charge of our game?

Let's not let Celtic away either. Every bit as bad.

Nah sorry.  I'm not joining in on the additional time thing.

Of course Celtic are also hateful though.  That goes without saying.

Archived