General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Destiny 2 is out. Anybody involved. Only had around 6 hours play and so far so good. Still on the story and did some crucible.

Do you have to play the first one? I've had it over a year and haven't managed more than an hour of it since the story is incomprehensible.

11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Do you have to play the first one? I've had it over a year and haven't managed more than an hour of it since the story is incomprehensible.

Spent way too much time on Destiny 1. Played from day one. So yeah a fair bit. Agree the D1 story was one of the main criticisms. The main problem was for some reason bungie/activision decided to put a lot of the background story in lore cards which you collected in game then had to read online. Even then it was pretty incomprehensible. Luckily there were plenty of geeks on you tube who pieced it all together. It did improve with the DLC's however which were well received.

The story in D2 is pretty linear good vs evil stuff but they have pulled in the same 'baddies' as the first one so some background reading/watching would probably be best if you're thinking about playing D2. That being said one of Destiny's strong points is the way the game plays. That with great  PVP and the weekly Strike/Nightfalls/Raids there is plenty to do past the story missions. If you like the RPG elements of grinding weekly for gear then it's worth picking up just for that. Hit me up if you buy it on PS4 PSN: young_bairn

Pewdiepie has probably just buried Youtube gaming yet again, the vast majority of respectable channels haven't recovered after the adpocalyse he caused with the article the Wall Street Journal made against him being anti semitic, the idiot was doing a stream earlier where he referred to a rival player as a "Fucking N**ger" TBH at this point Youtube should just ban him from the platform at this point, he does more harm than good.

Pewdiepie has probably just buried Youtube gaming yet again, the vast majority of respectable channels haven't recovered after the adpocalyse he caused with the article the Wall Street Journal made against him being anti semitic, the idiot was doing a stream earlier where he referred to a rival player as a "Fucking N**ger" TBH at this point Youtube should just ban him from the platform at this point, he does more harm than good.

This popped up on my twitter feed. Heard the name but never watched anything he does. Just seems like a racist dick.

Saw that popping up across a few avenues.  I don't think he's necessarily a racist, probably just a bit thick and is struggling to separate his brand of humour from what is now expected of him.  Apparently the clip going around cuts off the end where he immediately realises what he's done and says sorry (not that that makes it all better).  As usual he'll get defended on one side, made out to be a pariah on the other, when really it's probably just someone pretty thick who has a huge platform he maybe shouldn't have.  Or maybe he goes home, dresses up in his best nazi uniform and does a bit of goose-stepping, who knows.

The sad thing is that these people have a huge amount of influence, whether it's intentional or not.  If ever one of these youtube stars commits some kind of atrocity, I'd imagine you'd still get thousands of young impressionable people who've come to love them defending them.  I've never really liked pewdiepie, but I usually watch a bit of jacksepticeye let's plays, seems a genuinely decent guy, and he's entertaining a lot of the time (also put out a very mature and balanced reaction to the last time pewdiepie fucked up).  Some of the comments he gets I often wonder what a mindfuck it must be to have that much influence when you've not really courted it directly.  

There is maybe another apology later but going by that video I don't think the apology is sincere nor has he any idea what he's actually just said.

I've never watched him before but I know my nephew does and is always spouting stuff from him. I have no doubt if he saw that he'd be joking about it with his mates in the playground which obviously isn't a good thing.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2017/09/10/pewdiepie-is-back-making-more-racist-comments/amp/

17 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I don't think he is racist, but the dudes a fucking idiot. He is the face of YouTube and his actions affect the platform 

Problem is that now he's probably "too big to fail".  If Youtube were to come in and say that they were punting him, the backlash they would get would be absolutely enormous.  Plus I don't think they particularly care.  They already likely host far more controversial stuff than that, and they'll be a lot less profitable to them.  Unless he does something really, really bad, then youtube will probably just stay silent.  He's already lost certain sponsorships and opportunities, but I imagine he'll still be ok without them.  He could literally dress up as  Nazi and start goosestepping around on camera, talking about how Hitler was a pretty swell guy all things considered, and you would still get a sizeable contingent defending him.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There is maybe another apology later but going by that video I don't think the apology is sincere nor has he any idea what he's actually just said.

I don't doubt it.  I don't think the apology is insincere because he's a racist though, I'd imagine it's because he doesn't really believe he's doing much wrong.  That was pretty much his stance on the last controversy he had.  Instead of just admitting that he'd done something pretty stupid, he doubled down on the "kidding oan lol/it was just banter" defence while attacking the people reporting it.  

EDIT: I just read what he actually said as his "apology" after saying it.  Agree now it's absolutely not what some are saying it is.  ooft.

EDIT 2 : I see some indie devs are filing takedown requests on videos he's done of their games.  Interesting development - maintain youtube won't do a thing, but if enough developers essentially stonewall him, he could be seriously affected.  Good.  Tit.  Or probably more likely, they'll just get hunners of death threats instead, cos internet.

Edited by forameus

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

Problem is that now he's probably "too big to fail".  If Youtube were to come in and say that they were punting him, the backlash they would get would be absolutely enormous.  Plus I don't think they particularly care.  They already likely host far more controversial stuff than that, and they'll be a lot less profitable to them.  Unless he does something really, really bad, then youtube will probably just stay silent.  He's already lost certain sponsorships and opportunities, but I imagine he'll still be ok without them.  He could literally dress up as  Nazi and start goosestepping around on camera, talking about how Hitler was a pretty swell guy all things considered, and you would still get a sizeable contingent defending him.

I don't doubt it.  I don't think the apology is insincere because he's a racist though, I'd imagine it's because he doesn't really believe he's doing much wrong.  That was pretty much his stance on the last controversy he had.  Instead of just admitting that he'd done something pretty stupid, he doubled down on the "kidding oan lol/it was just banter" defence while attacking the people reporting it.  

Pretty sure he's already dressed up as one and watched hitler videos as a "joke"

8 hours ago, forameus said:

Saw that popping up across a few avenues.  I don't think he's necessarily a racist, probably just a bit thick and is struggling to separate his brand of humour from what is now expected of him.  Apparently the clip going around cuts off the end where he immediately realises what he's done and says sorry (not that that makes it all better).  As usual he'll get defended on one side, made out to be a pariah on the other, when really it's probably just someone pretty thick who has a huge platform he maybe shouldn't have.  Or maybe he goes home, dresses up in his best nazi uniform and does a bit of goose-stepping, who knows.

The sad thing is that these people have a huge amount of influence, whether it's intentional or not.  If ever one of these youtube stars commits some kind of atrocity, I'd imagine you'd still get thousands of young impressionable people who've come to love them defending them.  I've never really liked pewdiepie, but I usually watch a bit of jacksepticeye let's plays, seems a genuinely decent guy, and he's entertaining a lot of the time (also put out a very mature and balanced reaction to the last time pewdiepie fucked up).  Some of the comments he gets I often wonder what a mindfuck it must be to have that much influence when you've not really courted it directly.  

Yeah, Jacksepticeye and Nerd3 are rare good eggs in an unyielding torrent of c***s.

Edited by djchapsticks

Don't mind pewdiepie and certainly don't think he's a racist but it's amusing watching fat white men falling over themselves to be offended at the use of a word.

Itll be offensive to use the word paedophile soon. Snowflake generation in full effect.

4736eeb50e430d87701ff6b3e140e42a.jpg

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Judging by the name "Pewdiepie" and what he did I assumed he had to be a teen but the c**t's 27? :lol: How do you get to 27 and know that you can't say the n word as a white dude?

Cause he is a fucking moron. I couldn't give two shits what happens to him, but his actions f**k up things for other channels and there are some amazing ones out there that I watch videos of on a almost daily basis, I game alot and I like having background noise when I do, ideally something that doesn't require constant attention like most TV shows/films. I find YouTube bloody ideal for that. 

Everyone deserves a second or maybe even a third chance when they f**k up, but how many chances is this dude on now? 

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Cause he is a fucking moron. I couldn't give two shits what happens to him, but his actions f**k up things for other channels and there are some amazing ones out there that I watch videos of on a almost daily basis, I game alot and I like having background noise when I do, ideally something that doesn't require constant attention like most TV shows/films. I find YouTube bloody ideal for that. 

Everyone deserves a second or maybe even a third chance when they f**k up, but how many chances is this dude on now? 

Don't watch him. I won't defend a racist but just watch something else. I find this whole 'but the gaming communitayyy' thing really weird. 

I watch twitch. If I tune into a streamer and they are a racist, entitled, whiny or otherwise annoying wee dick I move to one of the other very enjoyable channels. 

Btw YouTube streaming is shiiiite. Pewdiepie has always been as much of an irritating jobber as his name suggests. I really don't care if he embarrasses himself, it only affects him and his sponsors.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Don't watch him. I won't defend a racist but just watch something else. I find this whole 'but the gaming communitayyy' thing really weird. 

I watch twitch. If I tune into a streamer and they are a racist, entitled, whiny or otherwise annoying wee dick I move to one of the other very enjoyable channels. 

Btw YouTube streaming is shiiiite. Pewdiepie has always been as much of an irritating jobber as his name suggests. I really don't care if he embarrasses himself, it only affects him and his sponsors.

Well, not really.  Last time he did something stupid advertising across the board fell considerably, meaning that plenty of people whose livelihood is youtube were affected.  You can argue that they shouldn't be putting their eggs in that particular basket, but through no fault of their own they're losing income thanks to him.  It affects far more than just him.