Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind
The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself"

Amen Baz

Good tune.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Yip, I know quite a few arseholes who think that living in Montrose all their life, working in the same factory for 20 years, marrying the first bird that would suck their cock and having a week in Benidorm every couple of years gives them more life experience than someone studying Law or Medicine.

They're always keen to point out that "mummy and daddy" didn't pay for their education, as if parents providing for their kids is something to be ashamed of.

Yeh, I never understand that whole "never did me any harm" attitude.  Surely offering your kids the best opportunities available should be a prerogative?!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I don't even think you Need to fulfil your potential in life so long as you are happy with yourself and who you are and can live the life you want. You are a loser if you try and bring others down and go out your way to harm others, be it at the work place or what ever.

I think we need a thread entitled 'Throbber's life advice' where you have a proper forum to spread your wisdom.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Step 1: Come to big city

Step 2: Get nice place to live

Step 3: Get a nice big bird

Are you going to do one for fashion, Shandon? Perhaps Rugster could do a thread on a la carte fine dining?

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I don't even think you Need to fulfil your potential in life so long as you are happy with yourself and who you are and can live the life you want. You are a loser if you try and bring others down and go out your way to harm others, be it at the work place or what ever.

That's the spirit champ.

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

Are you going to do one for fashion, Shandon? Perhaps Rugster could do a thread on a la carte fine dining?

Rugster is a man's man when it comes to dining. In this new world order where experts are to be frowned upon I could see Ruggy starring in a show called "Michelin Stars Are For Wankers and Chefs Know f**k All". He prepares a simple dish on each show, such as old toast or leftover takeaway. 

I have decent qualifications which ended up being useful for me but if I was to go back to school leaving age I'd learn some some sort of skill/trade. 

I did that and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Everyone back then was banging on about getting a trade for yourself and how you could do what ever you wanted to in life if you had it but it's not exactly that much fun.

Having a job title that completely exaggerates the requirements of the job.

"Multi-skilled service operator" = allowed to work on the checkout AND the fag counter at the local Co-op.

Not much work is fun at least a trade can offer some different opportunities imo. 

I suppose so, it has some perks and is enjoyable when the weather is good. My back and arms were getting hurt when I was only 26 though so I needed to really think about what I was doing as old age could set in and I would have nothing to fall back on so going back to uni seemed like a good idea.

Archived