Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

CALDERON

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Menzel said:

No danger you'd hope, otherwise the unexpected return of Robbie Winters to Pittodrie is a go!

Never realised he was such as a journeyman! 17 clubs (not including his amateur days or Scotland appearance). 

And on the wintery theme, Sean Winter will be returning to the hallowed turf of Stair Park for the rescheduled game next Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, killienick said:

Hamilton and Killie fans are probably equally apathetic about that tie, (we'll probably be equally optimistic about winning it though). A crowd of 1500 people and 4 pigeons will watch a 3-2 victory to Ayrshire's finest.

We have a habit of losing to lower league opposition in the cups anyway so the draw isn't the worst. Both teams will fancy their chances. 

12 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Really? Andy Thomson scored Queens goal that night. Celtic haven't played in Dumfries since 1985 in the League Cup too.

Yup, it was indeed.  We actually played each other the season before and with the same scoreline if memory serves me.  

Are you being deliberately stupid?

The languages of Badenoch & Strathspey and Moray /Elginshire were different in living memory.

If you can't tell the difference between an Invernessian or Kingussie accent and Doric then there's no helping you.

Indeed. Inverness and Forres people sound nothing like each other. If you're heading east, the accent when you get past Nairn changes entirely.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

2-0 the previous season. Two goals from Dziekanowski. I was at both games.

I was only at the first one.

I didn't see the home one in the 80s either.  When did we last play them in the Scottish Cup?  I recall a game at Parkhead from about 1976, or so.  I wasn't there, but I think it was a Sunday and we lost about 5-1.  I think Dalglish was among the goals.

It would be nice if we got through to play them again, but we'll see.  It wouldn't be a big shock if we didn't though.

Archived