Celtic January exit thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely don't get this thing clubs in England have with news features on their official sites about transfer speculation.

"A bid of £20m - a figure close to the club's all time transfer record - was submitted for a player from Scotland," http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/january/05-january/insider

The (not unreasonable) assumption being made is that it's for Dembele.

It's all a bit #againstmodernfootball but it just seems miles out for clubs to actively be encouraging all the pish around speculation via their official channels.

You lying again? Source?

Because its the same as they offered for Defoe.

West Ham have a history of pretending they've made massive offers of sought after players to delude their moronic fanbase.

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I genuinely don't get this thing clubs in England have with news features on their official sites about transfer speculation.

"A bid of £20m - a figure close to the club's all time transfer record - was submitted for a player from Scotland," http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/january/05-january/insider

The (not unreasonable) assumption being made is that it's for Dembele.

It's all a bit #againstmodernfootball but it just seems miles out for clubs to actively be encouraging all the pish around speculation via their official channels.

West Ham are run by Gold/Sullivan/Brady and are therefore trashy as f*ck.

Because its the same as they offered for Defoe.

West Ham have a history of pretending they've made massive offers of sought after players to delude their moronic fanbase.

I take it you have no proof of any of this? I will therefore assume you are lying as usual

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I find it really hard to believe Celtic would turn down £20m. I think they'd be within their rights to turn down £5m.

For what it's worth, Celtic clearly don't need to sell him & West Ham are desperate, if that's their opening bid I don't find it hard to believe that Celtic would politely kb it and see what they came back with.

We'd be stupid to accept 20 million. 

He's worth a lot more than that in today's market and is worth a lot more than that to us in terms of champions league qualification.

The player wants to stay, the ball is well and truly in our court. If he manages to hit it off in the champions league next season and get a call-up to the national team he'll be worth double that. 

As long as he performs until next summer the figures could be truly astronomical. Hopefully VVD gets a move so we can bag another cool 4-5 mill.

We are absolutely fucking minted at the moment anyway.

1 hour ago, Contra said:

The player wants to stay, the ball is well and truly in our court. If he manages to hit it off in the champions league next season and get a call-up to the national team he'll be worth double that. 

There is absolutely no way any team will pay £40m for a player who plays in Scotland.

30 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed. I would say if we got an offer of 20 million Lawell would be kicking him out the door.

Probably not if it was the initial bid and there are 3 and a half weeks of transfer window to go.

Going by his bonuses Lawwell is not bad at negotiating.

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

There is absolutely no way any team will pay £40m for a player who plays in Scotland.

why?

Are you assuming only one club will be interested... if several cash rich clubs are interested he will go for the correct value.

1 hour ago, Booker-T said:

why?

Are you assuming only one club will be interested... if several cash rich clubs are interested he will go for the correct value.

No.

I'm saying that

A) Only English or Chinese clubs could afford to pay that money, outside of the very top teams in Europe (who wouldn't want him).

B) He (probably) wouldn't want to move to China at the age of 20.

C) English clubs know that Celtic would accept FAR less than £40m.

D) No English club spent £40m on a striker this summer, let alone one playing in Scotland.

E) Why would any club spend that kind of money on someone who hasn't proven himself in a top League? Lest we forget, the Premiership is ranked as the 22nd best League in Europe.

Archived