Celtic January exit thread

9 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

There is absolutely no way any team will pay £40m for a player who plays in Scotland.

Maybe not £40m but we definitely should be able to get over £20m if he performs well in the champions league next season. 

With Van Dijk going for reportedly £50m we have the clout to ask for more money from premier league clubs. 

We're in a position where the players want's to stay and the club doesn't want to sell -  so this will almost certainly drive up the price. 

I'd be very surprised if he went for £20m or under.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry people don't really believe they bid £20m do they?

Of course. Don't see what's so mental about that tbh. It's the EPL and Dembele is a France under 21 international who's done well at Fulham and now Celtic and in the Champions League.

Money down south is absolutely crazy and West Ham have no reason to lie for the sake of it. 20 million is hardly a huge shock tbh.

Of course it doesn't actually say it was for Dembele, if I had to guess I'd say it was actually for Simon Murray. ;)

West Ham have no reason to lie for the sake of it. [emoji6]

They do it every window. They've just struck gold this time as Celtic fans are as equally gullible.

Of course. Don't see what's so mental about that tbh. It's the EPL and Dembele is a France under 21 international who's done well at Fulham and now Celtic and in the Champions League.

Money down south is absolutely crazy and West Ham have no reason to lie for the sake of it. 20 million is hardly a huge shock tbh.

Of course it doesn't actually say it was for Dembele, if I had to guess I'd say it was actually for Simon Murray. [emoji6]

Of course they have a reason. They have an increasingly frustrated fan base who were promised big money as a result of their new stadium.

As it happens they're doing pretty poor compared to last year, their signings have been crap and they hate the new stadium.

Can't imagine why they'd want a bit of positive spin for their support.

Of course they have a reason. They have an increasingly frustrated fan base who were promised big money as a result of their new stadium.

As it happens they're doing pretty poor compared to last year, their signings have been crap and they hate the new stadium.

Can't imagine why they'd want a bit of positive spin for their support.

If they were going to spoof they'd surely say La Liga or the Bundesliga instead of the Scottish Premiership? :lol:

This is actually hilarious :lol:
A player scores a few goals against rangers and he's going to be sold for 40million. And people seriously believe that :lol:
English clubs won't need to spend anywhere near that. Once the player sees what kind of wages he can pocket while playing in the "greatest league in the world" he'll be begging for a move to anyone who's interested.
He won't go for anymore than Van Dijk did.

He will definitely go for more than VVD. He's younger and a striker and the EPL is now more wealthy than it was then.

Be nowhere near 40 million though.

7 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

A player scores a few goals against rangers and he's going to be sold for 40million. And people seriously believe that :lol:

I would offer you a charity bet that he will go for more than Van Dijk but we all know your record on these sort of things.

If they were going to spoof they'd surely say La Liga or the Bundesliga instead of the Scottish Premiership? [emoji38]

They "apparently" came close to signing Neymar before he joined Barca.

Also, is it really believable that a struggling EPL will be offering only £6m for Defoe, a proven goalscorers, but almost three times that for someone who's never played at that level before, and who's championship record is 15 goals in 55 games?

They "apparently" came close to signing Neymar before he joined Barca.

They'd have been better off making up a rumour like that to please fans. Seems a daft thing to put on your official site like...

And as for your second part about being believable I think it is, not because I think he's worth that but because the way the transfer market is down there. Add that to the fact he's still so young, playing under 21 football for France and had attracted interest from many big clubs last year.

Could be a very decent investment for a club if they get him on a 3/4 year deal.

I'm not the guys biggest fan tbh, infact I can't believe how much Griffiths has been overlooked for him this season but I can see why clubs would want to buy into his potential.

The 40 million talk that seems to be getting branded about by pundits/Celtic fans can seriously can gtf though. That's just a piss take. No chance.

Seems a daft thing to put on your official site like...

It's purely PR, it's not an official statement from the club so they can put whatever they want on that part of the website and the complete freaks who support them see it on the website and assume its true.

You genuinely believe Celtic would reject a £20m profit on a player, halfway through a dead season, when their manager is wanting players to join in January so they're settled for the Summer.

IMG_1324.PNG
Just a couple of replies in a sea of anguish at the 'club' doing PR stunts. Must be horrific when some lad from Arbroath will believe your shit but your own fans won't.

I genuinely thought it was the official site seeing as the club had tweeted it, it was only a quick glance. They West Ham fans replying to that obviously know different....

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I genuinely thought it was the official site seeing as the club had tweeted it, it was only a quick glance. They West Ham fans replying to that obviously know different....

In fairness the page is actually part of their official site. http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/january/05-january/insider 

It seems to be a 'thing' with some clubs in England. Everton have their own news page on their site where they report on newspaper speculation http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/04/what-the-papers-say-4-january

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

English clubs won't need to spend anywhere near that. Once the player sees what kind of wages he can pocket while playing in the "greatest league in the world" he'll be begging for a move to anyone who's interested.

He's well aware of the wages being offered in the EPL considering he had opportunities to sign with teams in the summer. Dembele is more than happy to be at Celtic and continue with his development. 

Belittling his ability by referencing rangers is rather stupid considering he's done it in the best club competition in the world. 

If you really think he'll go for the same as Van Dijk then that's lunacy.  Dembele has excelled in the Champions League, something Van Dijk never got the chance to do this automatically adds to his value - pair that with the fact he's France U20's main striker these days I think everything points to a big transfer fee. 

Celtic are in a completely different position than previous years and now have the scope to demand whatever price they please and as we'll see some clubs will be daft enough to pay it.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's purely PR, it's not an official statement from the club so they can put whatever they want on that part of the website and the complete freaks who support them see it on the website and assume its true.

You genuinely believe Celtic would reject a £20m profit on a player, halfway through a dead season, when their manager is wanting players to join in January so they're settled for the Summer.

His value is only going to rise and the club understands this, that's the point everyone seems to be missing. 

5 minutes ago, (._.) said:

You're right, he had the chance to sign with English clubs in the summer. He never because he could command more at Celtic due to them only having to pay £500k to get him. 

Dont pretend you beat a host of English clubs to sign him because of who you are. You are his stepping stone, which you'll quite openly have been told and will have accepted as you'll make your money back and some.

We did, though. That's the funny thing, we did. 

Everyone is well aware he's coming here to develop as a player and when he's ready he'll move on. At this present moment in time he wants to stay the ball is in our court.

2 minutes ago, (._.) said:

:lol:

You actually believe that, too. That's quite scary.

That and the fact he was a baw hair away from joining spurs in January. 

You're not willing to accept something which is clearly in front of you. Accept what the reality of the situation is and stop being so bitter 

Capture.PNG

Archived