The Pie and Bovril Championship Best and Worst Posters - 2016

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

I'm writing the Hibs one right now

Before I moved to Edinburgh I didn't have of an opinion either way about Hibs. A few years back I started getting involved in various things that seem to overrun with Hibs fans and I have to say they are a cracking bunch of supporters. There's a real family feel even though they're a big city club and without exception they've always had good things to say about The Pars.

The cup final has been done to death but that has to be one of the most joyous sporting occasions I've ever seen. They've probably got a unique perspective as they have the bombastic togetherness that comes with a massive support that mobilisies for big games yet they have the black humour and humility that comes from a lifetime of dross players, managers and relegations. I've seen plenty of folk in Edinburgh from overseas or down south start to follow them too. I think they have a stronger brand than they realise and could become a real global hipster's choice similar to a club like St Pauli. A cool club in a cool city with cool fans (and some nutters!). 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Before I moved to Edinburgh I didn't have of an opinion either way about Hibs. A few years back I started getting involved in various things that seem to overrun with Hibs fans and I have to say they are a cracking bunch of supporters. There's a real family feel even though they're a big city club and without exception they've always had good things to say about The Pars.

The cup final has been done to death but that has to be one of the most joyous sporting occasions I've ever seen. They've probably got a unique perspective as they have the bombastic togetherness that comes with a massive support that mobilisies for big games yet they have the black humour and humility that comes from a lifetime of dross players, managers and relegations. I've seen plenty of folk in Edinburgh from overseas or down south start to follow them too. I think they have a stronger brand than they realise and could become a real global hipster's choice similar to a club like St Pauli. A cool club in a cool city with cool fans (and some nutters!). 

I'm welling up here. God bless you, Shandon.

Hibernian

Best

1st Place - @Mon Dieu

The winner of the award for best Hibs poster 2016 is everyone's favourite gifmaster Mon Dieu. Taking 33.3% of the vote, it was a closely contested vote, but MD just nicked it. Mon Dieu is one of P&B's top posters, hilarious in threads such as Heads Gone, Threads Gone and the Cup Final thread, his patter is top notch. Seen as one of the leaders of the #flamegang Mon Dieu comes up with some of the best posts on the forum. His photoshop and gif generating skills are top notch. I asked him to make me a thumbnail for YouTube video and he ended up hiding David Gray in it! Mon Dieu is a top poster and him winning this award is well deserved, congratulations Mon Dieu!

2nd Place - @The Grass Is Greener.

Closely following MD is TGIG, with 27.8% of the vote from the P&B electorate. Probably just edging Mon Dieu in the patter category, TGIG is also one of the main components of the #flamegang, his posts are fucking hilarious in threads similar to these, in GN. Although his best achievement in the last 12 months was in the cup final thread, exposing the pure seethe of the Rangers fans. Absolutely hilarious. Unlucky TGIG, in almost any other category you would have won.

3rd Place - @Alan Stubbs

Alan Stubbs takes third place in the poll, but was on the coattails of the top two, receiving a quarter of the vote. That's 25% for those who failed Nat 4 maths. Stubbs is slightly different to the top two, in that he is more in the mediocrity of the #topbantz crew. Rather being a wittier poster, with a much more analytical posts in match threads, that yet are still frequently funny.

Others recieving votes - @Eoin Doyle (lol), @King Dom's Moustache

Worst

Image result for Dundee United 1-0 Hibs

1st Place - @Hibeesbounce75

The one drawback to the #flamegang banter is that some of the posters are prone to transform into seething messes and come up with some absolutely shocking patter. This is most prevalent with our worst Hibs poster, taking a large 46.2% of the vote from the P&B electorate. Hibeesbounce comes across like a 15 year-old bad troll, who morphs into a raging mess, the best example of this is the Utd vs Hibs - 2nd Dec - thread. Congrats on being voted the worst Hibs poster, I know you will wear it like a badge of fucking honour.

2nd Place - @Eoin Doyle

With 23.1% of the vote is Eoin Doyle, almost a less-shite carbon copy of the winner, Doyle is another one of the m9's that can turn into seething messes. It is honestly just really tragic, it really is.

3rd Place - @RadgerTheBadger aka HairyBawz

Taking third place is Radger with a respectable 15.4% of the vote, no where as bad as the top two but is still occasionally prone to being a fanny on here, he's on here because some of last years worst posters have stopped posting or have became less shite (see Bambino). Don't know that much about him other than some posts in the TA threads. Congrats on third, it would seem.

Others receiving votes - @Bambino @Fraser Fyvie

What a magnificent post.

Thank you Shandon, thank you.

Thank you.

Thank yooooooooooooou.

Actually disagree with your write up of Alan Stubbs, he's by far the wittiest Hibs fan on here. I find myself genuinely lolling at his posts and as you say his football knowledge is spot on. Posts more in the politics forum these days but everything from his SSI account was superb.

Actually disagree with your write up of Alan Stubbs, he's by far the wittiest Hibs fan on here. I find myself genuinely lolling at his posts and as you say his football knowledge is spot on. Posts more in the politics forum these days but everything from his SSI account was superb.

I disagree with the whole thing.

I'm well funnier than you.

p***k.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

What a post.

Archived