Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am firmly in the "don't really like Hearts but hope Cathro succeeds to ram it up these dolly c***s" camp. I hope they win the Scottish Cup. (Obviously I want Falkirk to win it, but if we get papped out I mean).

The cranium detachment from the likes of Boyd, Grieve, Fullarton, Miller and all the other complete and utter arsewipes who have embarrassed themselves over this would be absolutely fucking glorious.

5 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

It's funny how, when Cathro was coaching in Portugal and Spain, the media portrayed this as a positive and talked highly of him and his potential future achievements.
I wonder what has changed?   :rolleyes:

Fear !   

They maybe realise this might be the beginning of the end  of  the Largs lads club .  

No more succulent lamb for the gluttonous media ?   We can only hope ! :thumsup2

Agreed.
Pretty telling when you see the reaction of supporters of all other clubs willing Cathro to do a good job.  Hell, even (some) Hibs fans are hoping he does well!
And yet they still wonder why newspaper sales are declining and we don't take these "journalists" seriously.

3 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Cathro hasn't even taken charge of a game yet and it looks like we are already now the most supported club in Scotland.

4U0m6pP.png

I can see this is a shrewd piece of business by Ann Budge. Hopefully her influence on the SPFL board can take all of this one step further and really break up the old boys network.  The public have spoken  . I only hope she uses this to the advantage of the whole of Scottish football. 

I think Duffy's article is pretty spot on tbh. Cathro will go in with his own ideas and they'll not work every time and instead of failing like Duffy did in his first job at Falkirk he appreciates the support network that Cathro will have to guide him.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Duffy's article is pretty spot on tbh. Cathro will go in with his own ideas and they'll not work every time and instead of failing like Duffy did in his first job at Falkirk he appreciates the support network that Cathro will have to guide him.

Got a link to this Ludo?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In fairness to Duffy that is not a bad article. Not much depth but none of the personal malice which came across form the likes of Boyd or Fullerton and just looks at the challenges of being a new manager.

He's bang on about his time at Brockville. The Saltcoats incident was the culmination of a dreadful "second season syndrome" where we had gone from fast, silky attacking challengers to midtable, sullen plodders. His signings that year were horrendous which was a major factor.

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

In fairness to Duffy that is not a bad article. Not much depth but none of the personal malice which came across form the likes of Boyd or Fullerton and just looks at the challenges of being a new manager.

On reflection maybe not, but I think back to his stint as Brechin manager.  He certainly gave no indication of learning from any mistakes he made at Falkirk , Hibs or  Dundee. His attitude to part time football was a little arrogant  and at times disrespectful.   He says the right things but his actions don't always match up.  He definitely knows how to manipulate people but he always has his own agenda. 

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

On reflection maybe not, but I think back to his stint as Brechin manager.  He certainly gave no indication of learning from any mistakes he made at Falkirk , Hibs or  Dundee. His attitude to part time football was a little arrogant  and at times disrespectful.   He says the right things but his actions don't always match up.  He definitely knows how to manipulate people but he always has his own agenda. 

Sometimes you only learn these things after the event, once you have had a chance to think about them. Still, I'm not trying to defend Duffy at all, I guess the low level of journalism from Grieves and Boyd has meant Duffy looks like a reasonable man in comparison!

Quite baffled by the criticism that Cathro is getting.  I am happy we have taken the chance, just as we took a chance on Robbie. I don't think Cathro will turn out to be a failure, I expect he won't be the messiah either - I think he'll end up somewhere in-between. I get that he's an outsider to these guys in Scottish Football but still, the criticism is completely unnecessary and unfair. If Hearts want to chuck away money on a potential failure of a manager then what the f**k do they care?

Archived