Dunfermline Missed Pen v Greenock Morton

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

Reeled in the big fish this time. VT hates the fact that Morton are total diddies.

Already can't wait for your #bantz reply.

You can't catch anything, as you're already a time-honoured, blubbering mess. 

No credibility whatsoever then. Unlucky. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno if it's the fact that we've been pretty shit since then or people in Scotland just aren't that enthusiastic any more but I noticed that all 3 of those goals were greeted with absolute SCENES.

Was that the game where Josh scored in the first minute? We were hopeless. Barrowman up front, oh dear. Hopkirk came on did well but Brechin should have won. Never been so cold either.

I ended up running late for that, missed our goal (heard the celebrations as we went through the turnstiles) and watched the other 89 minutes of utter pish from both sides. I'm sure it was the first Pars game I'd caught since Christmas too (this was in March).

I remember thinking that game was like watching 22 complete strangers who were chucked onto a pitch and told to kick it amongst themselves for an hour and a half. It genuinely was one of - if not the most - the poorest games of football I have ever seen. Jim Paterson, being the experienced pro, could only punt it over the hedge whenever it came to him. A genuinely horrifying game.

Used to love going to EEP when it was terracing, especially the last game of the season in 92? when Cowdenbeath fans had broke in and scrawled the blue Brazil into the pitch, and stole the nets.
Morton won and I'm sure it stopped Dunfermline from going up, embarrassingly we were chanting no promotion to the tune of no limits.

Penalty! Ops sorry had fallen asleep and just woke up from a Dunfermline nightmare, they scored from the spot.

Nearly as bad as going to Beith thinking it was a 12.30 kick off last week.

Well all points to a penalty shot out today 1-0 the Ton, CU there.

Murdoch

Talbot

Ashcroft

Fordyce

Duthie

McMullan

McCabe

Herron

Higginbotham

Clark

Moffat

Hutton, Williamson, Wedderburn, Paton, Cardle, Reilly, El Alagui

I won't be able to afford to eat again until January if we don't neutralise these Norse nobodies today. AJ is so confident he hasn't even bothered with a midfield. I'd be surprised if The Moff didn't score at least two goals this afternoon. 

You have to take the opponents strength into account surely when picking the team? In which case it's pretty mental that we've not started Farid and Wedderburn with the massive threat Morton pose from set pieces.

We've probably got the shortest team in the league.

Archived