How Old were you when Rangers died?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Im guessing it because its a new club but the same bigots supporting it.

Seems a bit much tho, g&g's must've spent well over a £100k trying to prove new clubness.

Have you donated anything towards the sevco'ers cause?

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

I was two weeks short of 40. Strangely enough in my forty years on the planet this was the only time I had ever been moved by a Daily Record headline

20120613_rip-rangers.jpg

I'm guessing that was your old teacher then?

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

**** arguing black is white here.

13 hours ago, Tartantony said:

bairnardo wanted to know: if Rangers are the same club then why have they not repaid the debt they owe?

He then suggested that if they haven't paid those debts then that would suggest that the club ceased to exist and the current version is then a new club.

At least that's how I took it.

6 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Expertly avoided Kinky.

I've not avoided anything.  I've been agreement with both of the issues raised lately.  I agree with WILLEA that if you adopt a new legal entity then you can't claim to be the same.  I agree, too, with Bairnardo that you can't walk away from debt and claim continuity.  My only obvious addition to these excellent points was that we apply these principles equally across all clubs.  This isn't at all controversial though and I can't imagine anyone quibbling with it.

Nonsense.

If a CVA is agreed, continuity (however unpalatable and immoral) is agreed. See Dundee, Livingston and Motherwell as examples. I will not include Falkirk here as we PAID BACK EVERY PENNY.

If a CVA is declined, and your business is liquidated, game over man, game over. See Airdrieonians, Gretna and Rangers for examples.

If it's the same club, why did they lose their league licence? Why did they have to re-apply to join the league? I don't recall Dundee, Hearts, Livingston having to do this.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If it's the same club, why did they lose their league licence? Why did they have to re-apply to join the league? I don't recall Dundee, Hearts, Livingston having to do this.

Even Livingston are more genuine than Sevco! :lol:

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If it's the same club, why did they lose their league licence? 

We didn't.  Same license.

Let me edit this to make it clearer.  Firstly, there was no league license to lose.  We lost our share in The SPL when members voted to to allow us to continue.  The same happens when a team gets relegated.

The 'license' you refer to was our SFA membership which was transfered from Oldco to Newco.  Again, not something we lost. 

50 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nonsense.

If a CVA is agreed, continuity (however unpalatable and immoral) is agreed. See Dundee, Livingston and Motherwell as examples. I will not include Falkirk here as we PAID BACK EVERY PENNY.

The point your fellow supported made wasn't about process but outcome - walking away from debt.  He makes a very good point.

Archived