How Old were you when Rangers died?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/06/2013 at 21:51, VickyTheViking said:

Cool i've always wanted to live on a boat, do you never get pestered by neds though?

On 16/06/2013 at 21:58, Zen Archer said:

Being a Viking you'd think that you would have a boat.

On 16/06/2013 at 22:16, bennett said:

She said she wanted to live on boat, she may well have a boat - just not one that you live on.

Almost magee levels of interacting with yourself :lol:

On 17/06/2013 at 12:51, bennett said:

Long story short.

I split up with my partner recently and moved out into a B&B as my own house is rented out at the moment, so right now i'm searching for a short term house to rent until i can get my own back. Should have something sorted out this week hopefully.

Annway was in the lounge watching telly last nigh, on a few websites courtesy of the free wifi and was asked what website this was and we had a chat about it. End result was a new member.

Now if any normal person had noticed the IP issue they would have sent a PM asking for an explanation but no not Keith. He had to do his 'hardman thing' and try to be a 'big' man. A little common sense and courtesy appears to be lost on him.

Keith has two choices here, he either admits he's f**ked it up (somethin he should be used to by now) or he bans me for 'using another account' which is against board rules afterall.

And the worst excuse for a shared IP than Supras' "I did it at school"

A truly pitiful attempt at creating an alias.
A good point made above - he can either admit to pretending to be a Viking named Vicky, or admit to living in a B&B for 4 years. Or admit he made everything up and is still a total welt.

7 hours ago, The Red Lichtie said:

I'm sorry but I like to think of myself as having a reasonable intelligence level,therefore I tend not to take things as done and dusted but prefer to look up things myself. Which I did in this instance.

Both the SPFL  http://spfl.co.uk/clubs/rangers/

And UEFA  http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=50121/profile/

state categorically that your wrong. That they remain the same club with the same honours. As I stated previously,i like to think that I'm possesed of a fair degree of brain power therefore I ask..are you seriously saying that I take the word of some fan on a forum over both the SPFL and UEFA? Wishful thinking I'm afraid does not enter into a topic such as this. I wish I was a millionaire married to Selena Gomez..just as you wish Rangers Football Club no longer existed. Unfortunately the facts say that I'm not a millionaire married to Selena Gomez and they also state your wrong in your wishful thinking.  

Your and you're are not separate entities.

Your is a legitimate continuation of you're.

The apostrophes are not tainted.

Having done some further digging into this never ending non debate i discovered further interesting facts. For example,i found out the European Club Association (the sole body officilly recognised by UEFA to represent the interests of association football clubs) has also found Rangers Football Club to continue as before "However, Rangers are permitted to hold associate membership, which holds no voting rights, as they are one of the founder members of the ECA. The organisation considers the club’s history to be continuous regardless of the change of company." Cannot be any clearer than that,even to flat earth society members.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/205975-european-clubs-body-downgrades-rangers-status-but-recognises-history/

I subsequently also discovered the Advertising Standards Authority not once but twice found in Rangers favour in regards claiming it's past history. (After,predictably,complaints from Celtic fans). "We consulted with UEFA, which explained that its rules allowed for the recognition of the "sporting continuity" of a club’s match record, even if that club’s corporate structure had changed. We also consulted with the SFA, which confirmed that its definition of a football "club" varied depending on context, and could sometimes refer to an entity separate from the club’s corporate owner. The SFA further pointed out that, following RFC’s transfer to a new corporate owner, Newco did not take a new membership of the Scottish FA but rather that the previous membership was transferred across to them so they could continue as the same member of the Scottish FA. We considered that consumers would understand that the claim in question related to the football club rather than to its owner and operator and we therefore concluded that it was not misleading for the ad to make reference to RFC's history, which was separate to that of Newco."

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/12/The-Rangers-Football-Club-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_224406.aspx#.WE4GPI0adLM

2 points stand out here. One,that if this ruling means nothing why bother to take the time to make the complaint to them and then appeal the first decision? Two,the finding is not rendered meaningless for the simple fact that theASA consulted UEFA and the SFA before reaching it's verdict. Therefore that's the SPFL,SFA,UEFA,ASA and ECA all stating Rangers Football Club remains the same club. I even checked my Wee Red Book (!) and lo and behold it states the same. Seems to me this myth was started by Celtic fans,for obvious reasons,Rangers were/are the most successful club side in Scotland and Celtic fans hoped to gain that position by default,and probably as well out of just plain and sheer bitterness. And fans of other clubs jumped on board. And talking of other clubs i also found that Hearts were "liquidated" in 1905 yet claim all honours won prior to that date,and Hibs first ever Scottish Cup was actually and technically won by a different Hibs. I'm sorry,but you cannot have one rule for all the other clubs and one for one club only regardless who that club is. It would seem also that many fans have absolutely no clue as to the insolvency act or indeed the work of administrators (who hold FULL power to act as they please when dealing with a failed company,which includes in this particular case including Rangers Football Club in the sale of assets.)

To wind up,because i do find this thread hilarious,all football bodies and other relevant bodies declare Rangers FC to continue,to be the same club. Correctly imo. The evidence is non debateable. And the opinions of a few online bloggers or a few journalists are completely irrelevant. The opinions of fans of other clubs even more irrelevant. I'll continue watching my club going for promotion this season,and engaging the brain i was given,and i'll leave you all to continue a meaningless thread and indulge in wishful thinking.

Btw I saw a few of the predictable newspaper headlines being posted. Point one,all of those headlines mean nothing due to the fact they were all published at a time no one knew for any certainty what had actually happened. Point two every single one of those tabloids have since changed their stance accordingly now that they realise what actually happened. For example the DR published a front page spread announcing Rangers demise. Compare that then to their stance now,from their own Rangers page. " Rangers will this season be playing in the Scottish Premiership, having won the Championship. The club has claimed a host of trophies, including a world record 54 league titles and appeared in four European finals, winning the Cup Winners' Cup in 1972." Newspaper headlines mean absolutely nothing and it's straw clutching for want of anything else. After all..who can forget this headline in 1994. Must be true..it's in the papers.

Celticrip.jpg

22 minutes ago, The Red Lichtie said:

Btw I saw a few of the predictable newspaper headlines being posted. Point one,all of those headlines mean nothing due to the fact they were all published at a time no one knew for any certainty what had actually happened. Point two every single one of those tabloids have since changed their stance accordingly now that they realise what actually happened. For example the DR published a front page spread announcing Rangers demise. Compare that then to their stance now,from their own Rangers page. " Rangers will this season be playing in the Scottish Premiership, having won the Championship. The club has claimed a host of trophies, including a world record 54 league titles and appeared in four European finals, winning the Cup Winners' Cup in 1972." Newspaper headlines mean absolutely nothing and it's straw clutching for want of anything else. After all..who can forget this headline in 1994. Must be true..it's in the papers.

Celticrip.jpg

Rangers died, m8.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Lichtie" not even trying to hide who he really is. Good show.

Not only that but the poor deluded fool thinks that what football authorities say actually matters in the real world.

The only glimmer of a point in there is regarding Hearts and Hibs.

To make it as simple as possible for any passing denizens of Mordor:

RFC were founded in 1872 as a club. They incorporated into a company in 1899. This means they became one, not that they were bought by one. This company was bought by, eventually, David Murray's company, MIH I believe. This was the club's holding company.

Now, when they went breests skyward in 2012, RFC went into liquidation. A new club, Sevco Scotland, bought their bibs, cones and whatnot. They then changed their name to Rangers. If they were the holding company (stop laughing!) there would be no need for the ACTUAL holding company, Rangers International. But there is.

But apparently bibs n cones maketh a club. They can have no legal personality. Or that's the best you'll get from a Mordorian. "They look after the football side of things" is the best I can recall being served up here. That and Rolls Royce.

Regarding H&H, it's probably fair to say that under today's laws they would be considered as East Coast versions of Sevco. But Hearts were allowed to continue as they paid back all their debts. That was the way it was done back then. A Hibernian chap will no doubt be able to expand further on his team for us.

What is the point in this thread title btw, other than finding out poster's true age for grooming ? Have any of the younger posters received a pm from Dindeleux since revealing their tender years?

I think it was a response to a now deleted thread titled 'how old were you when Aberdeen last won at ibrox'

Archived