How Old were you when Rangers died?

Just now, deej said:

But clubs that get a CVA pay parts of the debt that creditors agree to, and remain in business. Companies that are liquidated shaft creditors entirely and go out of business.

I know the process.  This wasn't the premise, though.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the process.  This wasn't the premise, though.

Dundee / Hearts / Livingston etc. never paid their debts in full, but creditors agreed to x pence in the pound so those clubs remained in business and didn't become new clubs

45 minutes ago, deej said:

Dundee / Hearts / Livingston etc. never paid their debts in full, but creditors agreed to x pence in the pound so those clubs remained in business and didn't become new clubs

Again, this wasn't the premise.  The clubs you mentioned walked away from debt and the guy who asked the question queried if this was right. 

Again, this wasn't the premise.  The clubs you mentioned walked away from debt and the guy who asked the question queried if this was right. 

I don't think that was his question to be honest. You re-worded his question to suit your own opinion about paying debts in "full" and he somehow agreed to that.

bairnardo wanted to know: if Rangers are the same club then why have they not repaid the debt they owe?

He then suggested that if they haven't paid those debts then that would suggest that the club ceased to exist and the current version is then a new club.

At least that's how I took it.

At the end of the day, Rangers fans can claim all sorts of weird stuff if it helps them sleep at night but it is fact that they are a new club. Either way I personally don't care, I love beating either version, old or new.

I genuinely don't get why there is a debate over this, it's black and white, there is no grey area. They died and started as a new club, Rangers fans should just deal with it.

Obsessed patter [emoji1] Big club found.

Yawn get a life. Will you still be discussing this in 20 years? Get over it Rangers are back and Celtic fans love it that's why they fill their stadium now ????

Archived