Montrose v Clyde

2 hours ago, elginite said:

Well done montrose must of been a tough grinding win 

This, pretty much. Clyde were on top at 1-1 and probably would have put the game away but for some excellent goalkeeping.

Delighted, first time I've seen us win a game on the carpet for a very long time. Long may this continue.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Understood. End of the day, one of them came onto a thread they had no business getting involved in, and with said fans club shame coming to light during the week, the last thing he should be doing is slagging anyone else. 

Maybe petty and unfortunate point scoring when I hoped it wasn't 

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

He knew that there was a Peodo at Firhill and said nothing to the authorities.

3 hours ago, AMMjag said:

That's an incredibly serious accusation, and one that would be very, very silly to make on a public forum without credible evidence.

I think you'll find I'm perfectly entitled to post wherever I want. What I'm not entitled to do is post whatever I want, and that would include making immensely grave allegations against another individual, based on no evidence whatsoever. Because then I would be bringing the site itself into serious disrepute, and would be quite rightly banned from posting.

So unless you're prepared to take your allegation to the appropriate authorities, it's probably for the best that you withdraw it. Will you?

Wasn't there today. How did Clyde play?

We lost to a team who hasn't won at home all season and were bottom of league but news fron the broadwood bunker is the boys gave there all will work really hard at training and we will be looking for a reaction against Edinburgh on Saturday

Ps credit to the fans who traveled up there today

We lost to a team who hasn't won at home all season and were bottom of league but news fron the broadwood bunker is the boys gave there all will work really hard at training and we will be looking for a reaction against Edinburgh on Saturday

Ps credit to the fans who traveled up there today

The results over the last 2 weeks have obviously been disappointing but comments on here from Montrose fans clearly say we were the better team in the second half and unlucky not to take a point.

Also it was the exact same starting 11 that took apart Arbroath on Tuesday night. So not sure how having a go at the management is helpful.

We are still in the mix for the title and very much in the mix for the play offs, as well as making progress in the Scottish cup. With the size of the squad and the injuries I'm not sure what else people expect.

I have never been a massive BF fan but we are on track to meet our seasons aims despite the squad setbacks so let's try and remain positive and hopefully stay in the hunt. Cut the management some slack!

The results over the last 2 weeks have obviously been disappointing but comments on here from Montrose fans clearly say we were the better team in the second half and unlucky not to take a point.

Also it was the exact same starting 11 that took apart Arbroath on Tuesday night. So not sure how having a go at the management is helpful.

We are still in the mix for the title and very much in the mix for the play offs, as well as making progress in the Scottish cup. With the size of the squad and the injuries I'm not sure what else people expect.

I have never been a massive BF fan but we are on track to meet our seasons aims despite the squad setbacks so let's try and remain positive and hopefully stay in the hunt. Cut the management some slack!

That's put my mind at rest thanks for that:)

Interested what are the aims ?

Ps ive been more supportive of BF than most on here but he is not above criticism

That's put my mind at rest thanks for that:)

Interested what are the aims ?

Ps ive been more supportive of BF than most on here but he is not above criticism

Our season aims are surely to challenge for the title, with play offs as a minimum requirement. We are on track for that so no need for major alarm at present.

I agree BF is not above criticism but what exactly is your criticism? I'm sure he picked the same 11 as Tuesday expecting a similar performance. They had a poor first half but played much better second half (presumably after he spoke with them at ht).

Our season aims are surely to challenge for the title, with play offs as a minimum requirement. We are on track for that so no need for major alarm at present.

I agree BF is not above criticism but what exactly is your criticism? I'm sure he picked the same 11 as Tuesday expecting a similar performance. They had a poor first half but played much better second half (presumably after he spoke with them at ht).

Well he said we will know where we are going to finish after the next three games Montrose, Edinburgh and Forfar so let's see

His words not mine

What a difference a change of manager and goalkeeping coach can make. No doubt in my mind that putting Millar back in goal made a helluva difference. The defence looked more at ease in front of him and he commands his 6 yard box much better than Fleming. Was a bit rusty after a long time out as well and it showed a couple of times but he made some great saves and was MOTM in my opinion. Clyde will feel they deserved at least a point but I thought their play was long and predictable. They lacked a playmaker and clearly miss Dylan Easton. Looked like they would go on to win it after their penalty but the Mo dug in rode the little Clyde storm and got what's been missing this season, a wee bit of luck.

Mo must continue with that sort of commitment and not fall back to being rubbish next week at Berwick. If we can keep performing at the same level as today I'm not saying we'll set much heather on fire but we won't be the worst team in the league either. BUT, we must keep it up and not have any more performances like Cowden away recently.

Hoping Petrie can dive into the Juniors and unearth a gem who fanices a crack at Senior level.

A few of our own put about the idea that, having just put five by Arbroath, the odds would be in our favour; words like confidence and momentum were being tossed around.

It amazes me that, having watched so much football between us all, we still think intangible things like 'confidence' and 'momentum' really operate to change the outcome of matches. They don't and never have. Winning doesn't incentivise winning: not winning does. Ability plus incentive or attitude makes a team, and while Montrose mightn't have had as much of the former as we did, they conjured more of the latter. It's a cliché, of course: a new manager putting the fire in his team first time out. If we didn't expect it, we ought to have done so.

But... See that defence, by the way...! Even Barry's confronting reality in his post-match comments now. An encouraging thing. One day the McNiff delusion, just like the Johnston delusion, will end.

*It's a good place to plant a flag, this. You'll all remember that St Johnstone beat us the week after we beat Celtic 2-1 in 2006. And then Gretna thumped us, not long after that. We won a game which we had a massive shock incentive to win, with Roberts putting a rocket up our arses, and then lost two others because our attitude/incentive reduced, or even normalised itself, you might say, in the wake of beating Celtic; Gretna and St Johnstone were just better teams. Say what you will about missed chances, it'll probably be valid, but it's nonsense at the back that's really done us and continues to do so. Barry's talked about seeing games out. Well that's right, I think. That's habitual: a feature of experience.

São Paulo, That Gretna team did indeed beat us 4-0 in a replay on Valentine's Day. ( remember Unc?) It was the Gretna of the Brookes Mileson era, filled with players of Premier League status. They got to the final. I hated that whole Gretna "fairytale ".

Archived