Montrose v Clyde

We played plenty of long balls in the cup tie. As we've done, and as every team in this league does, nearly every single game.
There's a direct link between people moaning about "long balls" and whether or not the team wins. We beat Cowdenbeath 5-3 earlier this season and basically punted the ball up field the whole match and nobody complained.

What is your definition of plenty? obviously during a game long balls are hit up the park sure you can give me exactly how many and the distance :)

The point is not hitting them all the time we played plenty football in the deck during the cup tie it was more when we went down to 10 that we resorted to long balls

If you think with Easton in the team we hit high balls all the time you must have been watching a different game

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with long ball football if it works.

To continue with it when it's obviously not producing the desired result is wrong.

I think most fans that were at the Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City and other away matches could see that it wasn't working.

Why did we continue pumping it up to our short arse strikers when it obviously wasn't producing any success?

55 minutes ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

Another pri*k obsessed by Clyde. Why are you on a Clyde thread farmer boy?
I don't look at Arbroath threads cos they are totally unimportant to me.
Now do us all a favour....jog on and get back to smoking your fish. 

Shhhhhhhh enjoy your meltdown now

Just now, AndyCameron88 said:

So you would rather be a single point better off than us with over half a season left than still in the cup aye? What an accomplished tool you are sir

Holy shit, what a bunch of precious losers Clyde fans are... hardly surprising Clyde fans are the most disliked in League 2... get a grip of yourselves. 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

That's what happens when we are the only show in town. Hence fans of other clubs on our match threads constantly. #obsessmuch

For obsession read amusement... you guys are so funny with still thinking you are a big club. You are diddies like the rest of us in League 2.  Far to easy to wind and upset.  #fishingtripover

38 minutes ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

For obsession read amusement... you guys are so funny with still thinking you are a big club. You are diddies like the rest of us in League 2.  Far to easy to wind and upset.  #fishingtripover

#diddywee

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

You know what? I think that one might just catch on. How long did it take you to come up with that nugget of comedy gold?

oh just repeating what wee Barry Ferg was shouting @ your team on saturday

8 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

The Victoria comedy scene must be in rude health if you've not fashioned a career in stand-up yet

sorry for deeply offending yourself and all other fantastic followers of Clyde with my totally irreverent #diddywee. We live in the present and all look to the future. The past has gone and history and previous glories are but just distant memories, some more cherished than others. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Deary me = there has been some drivel posted on this thread, so let me add to it :)

On the game - Fair play to Montrose who were more up for it than us, and in the first half were picking up all the second balls and winning the 50/50's. Poor goal to lose, and McNiff was at fault, but as DavidW said, Smith was equally bad first half, if not worse.

2nd half and we were far more at it, and but for some very decent stops from the Montrose keeper, we could have won the game(harsh). Felt Linton was pulled to the ground in lead up to Montrose winner, leaving a 2 vs 1 on Mcniff, but penalty we got could be classed as generous. The liability that is Peaso slotting away expertly again.

Higgins was, and has been on league duty poor for weeks. He was tremendous in cup game,  but at only 31 (yes really) we should be getting much more out of him in terms of influencing games. He's a good player, but cant be an occasional good player.

The "Flynn" debate is a redundant one on this thread as he was suspended.

The passing from the team on Saturday was absolutely abysmal - worse I've seen.

McNeill for me didn't do too much wrong, but clutching at straws to name a MOTM.

So well done to the mighty MO, but unless Petrie is allowed to bring in new faces in January - I still believe you will struggle.

You know I used to think Clyde fans were a bunch of so and so's but maybe it's just the loud mouths we hear at Broadwood i.e. those who don't travel. The away fans at Links Park on Saturday were good and most if not all the posters on here are reasonable people with a bit of humour, as it should be.  

Pity Berwick aren't the same.

Archived