Bonnyrigg Rose at home vs Hibernian

thelegendthatis

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nookie,that's your opinion along with a few others about what venue was safe,adequate or whatever and the same shit will probably labour on if it happens again,if a healthy crowd turns up so be it,I've no got a scooby what Ainslie Meadowbank can hold but Tynie can accommodate more so that's my point not the money.

When I think about it I was at airdrie for the glasgow university v bonnyrigg game. Given the uni got to change that game in front of around 200 people, I suppose tynecastle was never in doubt

A think when you enter the competition you have to declare a home park and Glasgow uni had chosen airdrie. Sure it's Counsil owned so wouldn't be be a big problem booking it

Excelsior Stadium is owned by a private company not the Council but it is there to let out.

Glasgow University play all their games at Airdrie - Scottish Cup, Amateur Cup, Caledonian Amateur League.

You can't nominate a ground for licensing and only use it in the Scottish Cup.

EDIT: Some qualifiers whose grounds aren't enclosed don't meet the minimum cup standard and have to use an alternative. This has applied to Crichton (nominated Palmerston), Harestanes (Kilsyth) and Colvile Park (Benburb).

According to a thread in the Domestic Cups sub-forum Leith had to use Spartans as the city council wouldn't produce an expensive 3G test certificate the SFA required.

I might be wrong and will stand corrected if wrong but I'm sure it's not a complete 50/50 split of gate money in the Scottish.im sure the home club take 20% to cover costs then 80% is split. Just guesstimate but I'd say hearts get the 20% and prob catering money....for a 12k crowd gate may be £175k bonnyrigg would get 70k (tv and prize money on top)..nothing concrete there just my thoughts 

Only 3 stands open for this now.  

Hibs I would imagine will sell their  stand out given its their 1st tie since winning it. 

Bonnyrigg with their boys club membership should fill both stands behind each goal. 

With all that in mind how many tickets will be on public sale in Bonnyrigg and where will they sell their tickets  ? 

Only 3 stands open for this now.  
Hibs I would imagine will sell their  stand out given its their 1st tie since winning it. 
Bonnyrigg with their boys club membership should fill both stands behind each goal. 
With all that in mind how many tickets will be on public sale in Bonnyrigg and where will they sell their tickets  ? 

Probably on sale within the Andy Kelly lounge

19 hours ago, magoo said:

I might be wrong and will stand corrected if wrong but I'm sure it's not a complete 50/50 split of gate money in the Scottish.im sure the home club take 20% to cover costs then 80% is split. Just guesstimate but I'd say hearts get the 20% and prob catering money....for a 12k crowd gate may be £175k bonnyrigg would get 70k (tv and prize money on top)..nothing concrete there just my thoughts 

Normally works out a 60-40 roughly although as you say depends on how much Hearts are charging for the ground, stewards etc. I would imagine it would be extensive to stage but Rose should still get a decent amount out of it.

52 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

But are within the rules of where the tie could've been played :o

Who cares! Game is going ahead at Tynecastle, which was the best decision possible. Let's just be happy for Bonnyrigg Rose and move on.

Who cares! Game is going ahead at Tynecastle, which was the best decision possible. Let's just be happy for Bonnyrigg Rose and move on.

Well said sir
If we are ever in the position of hosting a team of Hibs ilk or bigger I would wish us to play at home but doubtful that the Vale would pass the safety certificate. Lucky enough that the nearest park that passes holds 8,000 so we wouldn't have that argument if we ever did

33 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Bit sensitive there were we no. 

Was only replying to someone stating they were shit grounds to watch fitba a bit like Goodison I suppose :P

I can't see any post where I've said I'm no happy wi the decision either but aye let's move on ;)

Was only replying to someone stating they were shit grounds to watch fitba a bit like Goodison I suppose [emoji14]
I can't see any post where I've said I'm no happy wi the decision either but aye let's move on [emoji6]

Cmon they've worked wonders down at woodison recently spent a fortune blocking out anfields big new stand [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Was only replying to someone stating they were shit grounds to watch fitba a bit like Goodison I suppose :P

I can't see any post where I've said I'm no happy wi the decision either but aye let's move on ;)

Not even a Big Rose supporter, but think some people haven't been fair to the team. I would want a home game for any cup game played at Olivebank, but when you are presented with a draw such as Hibs, and logistically there is no way you would be allowed to play at your home ground, then why not try and go for the best option that is available to you - which in the Rose's case was Tynecastle. Just don't know why the decision took so long!

Archived