Why do some people hate the SNP?

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too , they have my vote and 3 quid a month as long as we are governed by another country,.  Even the fact it annoys utter bigots like rob is reason enough. 

Offer your support and pay your dues to whoever you want Pep, it's your comfort blanket to suck on and absolutely no concern of mine whatsoever.

Folk hate the SNP because they're wrong and nothing annoys folk who are wrong more than having that wrongness exposed, highlighted, circled and underlined. In particular if they've been wrong for quite sometime the embarrassment and then the hatred become all the more acute.  

As you say i "hate the SNP because they're wrong"..

I don't 'hate' the SNP or their supporters, they are just diametrically opposed to what I want for Scotland and our place within the United Kingdom.

I agree.Hate is a strong word and I've got plenty mates that vote SNP but politics is thankfully rare in pub conversation . I've said it before and say it again that i fear it will be a fiscal disaster . I'm a Labour voter and am wise enough to realise some people voted sheeplike for Labour.Now i think the sheep have walked into a new field,still sheep though.

26 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I agree.Hate is a strong word and I've got plenty mates that vote SNP but politics is thankfully rare in pub conversation . I've said it before and say it again that i fear it will be a fiscal disaster . I'm a Labour voter and am wise enough to realise some people voted sheeplike for Labour.Now i think the sheep have walked into a new field,still sheep though.

"I feel it will be a fiscal disaster. I'm a Labour voter."

I can hear the baaaaing from your pen from here. Anyone who claims to have fiscal concerns and yet identifies themselves as a Labour voter must be a sheep jealous that its fellow have jumped the wall.

47 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I don't 'hate' the SNP or their supporters, they are just diametrically opposed to what I want for Scotland and our place within the United Kingdom.

Yet the UK is now "diametrically opposed" to what you want for Scotland and the United Kingdom's place within Europe, and you have no issue going with it anyway.

Delighted to back the SNP because I believe Scotland should be a country, not a region of the UK.   

Their performance in government has been reasonable.   They're opposition to the Tories and self-promotion for Scotland has been excellent.   

My party till Scotland becomes a country again.  

I'm one of the more mature people on here, and have supported independence since I was made to sing the whole of God save the queen at the cubs. My family on my father's side are/were old school church/ queen/masons/britain unionists because even though they suffered terribly during the depression and the war, britain was all in it together, and that was that, the whole country was equal. Looking back over my life that hasn't been the case for at least the last forty years. I would therefore like any of the ukok boys on here to give me some good and sensible reasons why we should remain in the union. Basically, tell me what the UK has done for the good of Scotland since 1960. The floor is yours chaps. A good convincing argument please, no trolling or name calling from the usual suspects

34 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Delighted to back the SNP because I believe Scotland should be a country, not a region of the UK.   

Their performance in government has been reasonable.   They're opposition to the Tories and self-promotion for Scotland has been excellent.   

My party till Salmond becomes a country again.  

Is that fat b*****d claiming to be a Country now? Does he want separation from Scotland? What will wee burnie say?

Just now, hehawhehaw said:

Is that fat b*****d claiming to be a Country now? Does he want separation from Scotland? What will wee burnie say?

Changing what I said, and then being unable to construct a funny.  

Sir, you are failing at the internet:  Please hand in your keyboard.  

Such as? 

Of course, the Scots played ZERO part in this 'death and exploitation'. 

*spins massive f**k off wheel of groups affected by British colonialism* and today it's all the people that died in concentration camps in Kenya.

2 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

You and the Clifton suspension bridge would be better together.   

Clifton suspension bridge. Don't you mean the new Forth crossing. If the snpmoronfratenity catch you using British landmarks when there is a perfectly good Scottish substitute to be had they will boycott you.  

Oh no Boycott is an English name. That means the snpmoronfraternity can't use Boycott to boycott you.

Just now, hehawhehaw said:

Clifton suspension bridge. Don't you mean the new Forth crossing. If the snpmoronfratenity catch you using British landmarks when there is a perfectly good Scottish substitute to be had they will boycott you.  

Oh no Boycott is an English name. That means the snpmoronfraternity can't use Boycott to boycott you.

Word Pick 'N' Mix.   

Put down the scoop, and leave our store.  

Archived