Top 10 films of the year

Christophe

I've barely been to the cinema this year. Based on the few movies I've seen (which are almost all comic book ones):
7. Batman v Superman
6. Suicide Squad
5. Doctor Strange
4. Deadpool
3. Captain America: Civil War
2. Rogue One
1. 10 Cloverfield Lane
I only go to the cinema when I can go with my pal who can get free tickets, so can only go to see movies he wants to see.

2 hours ago, Christophe said:

Let's hear you, mine...

1 - Victoria

2 - Room

3 - American Honey

4 - Little Men

5 - Embrace Of The Serpent

6 - Son Of Saul

7 - Wiener Dog

8 - Spotlight

9 - Neon Demon

10 - Hell Or High Water 

I need to up my film game I haven't heard of a single one of those.

its not been the greatest of years for movies (haven't seen many from this year that didn't make my top 10) but top 10 would be

10 Batman vs Superman

9 Eddie the Eagle

8 Alice through the looking glass

7 Suicide Squad

6 Captain America - Civil War

5 The Nice Guys

4 Deadpool

3 Hail Cesar

2 Dr Strange

1 I am hoping will be Rogue one, not seeing it till Sunday but will be thoroughly disapointed if it isn't number one

I've not done too well at the cinema this year, seeing quite a few I didn't like. Not seen enough for a 10 and have large gaps (notably Hail Cesar, Neon Demon). 

My top 3 (in no particular order)..

Hell or High Water

Zootropolis

American Honey

4 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

I need to up my film game I haven't heard of a single one of those.

You at it? Did Spotlight not lift best picture at the Oscars? Pretty sure Room was nominated too, can understand on some of the other more 'indie' titles.

36 minutes ago, Christophe said:

You at it? Did Spotlight not lift best picture at the Oscars? Pretty sure Room was nominated too, can understand on some of the other more 'indie' titles.

I don't keep up to date with films tbh.  Been mainly watching TV series'.

Don't have 10 from this year but the past few that I've enjoyed the most are Quarry, The Leftovers and GOT which I've just got round to watching, the dragons and men in costumes put me off for a long time, I'm not keen on fantasy stuff generally.

Seen a decent number of films this year and it's not been that bad a year for films imo,

1 - The Nice Guys. A hidden gem in this year, get this watched.

2 - Captain America: Civil War.  The perfect superhero movie.....almost.

3 - I, Dainiel Blake. The message maybe laid on a bit thick, but some fantastic performances here.

4 - Deadpool. perfect juvenile humor.

5 - Green Room. a thriller/horror which has Patrick Stewart playing the villain....I don't think it needs any more info tbh.

6 - Eye in The Sky. Went to see this mainly because it had Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman...glad I did.

7 - Rogue One. This was the prequel we were looking for.....not the trade delegate talks or he who shall never been mentioned

8 - Dr Strange. Cumberbatch was superb as strange but Mads Mikkelsen woefully underused as a villain.

9 - Arrival. Really good script and Amy Adams in one of her best roles to date.

10 - Hail Ceaser. Yeah, I'm a sucker for a Coen brothers film, especially when Clooney is involved

Archived