Staggies v Dons - 17/12/2016

Not really sure I want to be starting this thread given my 100% abandonment record on started threads. Level of enthusiasm for this is clearly slim, again.

Tuesday being called off was frustrating but in terms of rest, it was likely a good thing for our team given the games this month.

In terms of team, I'd like us to play the following: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Considine, Shinnie; Jack; McGinn, Maddison, Pawlett, Hayes; Storey. Young Maddison seemed to work better with Pawlett beside him in the central area. Team setup to use pace to run at Davies and Quinn, try to exploit County that way.

Of course McInnes won't play that way so I'd expect: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Considine, Shinnie; Jack, McLean; Pawlett, Maddison, Hayes; Stockley.

However, we rarely have it easy in Dingwall. County are a solid team and will be up for this one. Looking forward to the wonderful Haggis Pie.

Predict a 1-1 draw, Boyce and Hayes exchanging goals.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this game, I'd expect aberdeen to come at us and that usually suits our game.  

It doesn't always work in our favour but it can result in a cracking end to end game of football, here's hoping anyway.

2-1 to The County, Curran and Schalk for us, rooney to fall over and get a dodgy penalty for them.

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Jeff Stelling just said that this is apparently regarded as a derby. He's talking pish, yeah?

Aye.

We're also 1-0 down, against the run of play apparently. 

Is anybody else beginning to lose a little faith in mccinnes

He has been under pressure since the terrible cup final tbf. Losing to 10 man County is arguably as bad as that. Aberdeen seem to have been dreadful under pressure for years now.

Didn't make it to Dingwall today, but according to Red TV it was some inexplicable mystery that we lost.

Nothing to do with this constant tinkering of team selections then, and us having too many shitebags in the team that can't take a bit of pressure.
McInnes really struggling now - even his interviews are becoming samey.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

He has been under pressure since the terrible cup final tbf. Losing to 10 man County is arguably as bad as that. Aberdeen seem to have been dreadful under pressure for years now.

His style of football, and the budget he has compared to everyone else, means that with Rangers back in the league they will always be around 3rd/4th in the league. However as they've shown in the last few years any time it looks like they have a chance to progress they crumble. Even their cup win they almost managed to make a mess of - having to rely on penalties. McInnes has done a good job of settling the club and improving their base level of performance, but fans should be expecting more from them now and seeing them build on what they've done. I'm not sure McInnes has much of an idea how to do that.

Archived