Morton v Queen of the South

17 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

But you would have had another pairing upfront who almost certainly would have scored so you can't simply deduct their goals. 

You can probably deduct a lot of them.

The truth is that when Dobbie came in, he started scoring great goals out of nothing in a way that looked effortless.  They propelled us to the top and it seemed that it could continue.

It didn't and the weaknesses in the squad that we all knew existed, became exposed. 

Far from taking us up though, it's actually the case that Dobbie's goals are serving to keep us clear of terrible trouble. Had he not been around, we'd be very much  worse off than we are.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, virginton said:

It was perhaps the best partnership during your brief spell looking like a competent football team. Until we effortlessly put an end to that delusion. It quite clearly isn't now, and were last spotted squirming in Sir Gavin's roomy back pocket.

Gutted for you.

1482771695874.jpg

Its a partnership that scored 6 in the last 4 league games. Thats more than the whole Morton team combined

Our failed "promotion challenge" may well have been laughable had any QoS genuinely thought we had such a thing going. No one did.

I'm pretty positive there were more than a few Qots fans debating whether they'd rather beat Rangers to aid the cup they would receive, or beat Hibs for the title challenge they were in.

Certainly a few Queens fans got caught in the hype.

I'm pretty positive there were more than a few Qots fans debating whether they'd rather beat Rangers to aid the cup they would receive, or beat Hibs for the title challenge they were in.

They maybe got caught up in the hype of how well we were doing but that extended about as far as possibly beating The Rangers and securing a play-off spot. No QoS poster thought we were ever serious title contenders. I highly doubt you'll find anyone posting anything about us winning the league.

36 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

I tend to agree with the consensus that even though Dobbie and Lyle have been finding the net in recent games, Queens are still failing to find that elusive win.

In fairness, it's kind of difficult to disagree with the consensus that says we're still failing to win.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They maybe got caught up in the hype of how well we were doing but that extended about as far as possibly beating The Rangers and securing a play-off spot. No QoS poster thought we were ever serious title contenders. I highly doubt you'll find anyone posting anything about us winning the league.

Agreed.  Other supporters were more likely to see us as serious contenders after the first six games, than Queens ones.  Lots of us were hopeful at that stage that we were in the frame for the play-offs though.  That was hardly unreasonable.

Grant tends not to let evidence impact on his theories though.

Agreed.  Other supporters were more likely to see us as serious contenders after the first six games, than Queens ones.  Lots of us were hopeful at that stage that we were in the frame for the play-offs though.  That was hardly unreasonable.
Grant tends not to let evidence impact on his theories though.

Well no, seing as you did have Qots fans debating whether they would rather beat Rangers or Hibs would indeed indicate a few had been caught up in the hype. That isn't having a go at the Queens fans of course so I'm not sure what's got to you.

Not like you of course to be utterly wrong.

Well no, seing as you did have Qots fans debating whether they would rather beat Rangers or Hibs would indeed indicate a few had been caught up in the hype. That isn't having a go at the Queens fans of course so I'm not sure what's got to you.

Not like you of course to be utterly wrong.

You're right about fans debating what was the most important game. The argument for a win against Hibs wasn't so we could keep up our title challenge though. It would have been to keep us near the top of the table and in the playoffs. We have QoS fans debating cup games over league games every single season on this forum. No Queens fan on here will have said we were serious title contenders, that's the part where you're wrong.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

For me to be wrong I would have actually have had to say that, I just said Qots got caught up in the hype of how good they thought their team was.

No bad thing, fans of every club do it.

Yes, when we were top after a few games, plenty Queens fans felt that a top four finish wasn't out of the question.

It wasn't a case of believing "hype" though.  It was a case of watching matches and having the facility to read a league table.

However, much of the comment on here was actually explicitly marked by a reluctance to get carried away, so the narrative you're attempting to run with, is in fact a load of inaccurate rubbish.

5 hours ago, port-ton said:

Morton fans just now are caught up on us being the best Scottish 2nd tier team in history this season, so I can understand how other teams fans can get excited when starting the season well.

In fairness, Morton fans do have a little previous for prematurely getting excited.

However, much of the comment on here was actually explicitly marked by a reluctance to get carried away, so the narrative you're attempting to run with, is in fact a load of inaccurate rubbish.

While much was, a few weren't.

Which is exactly what I said.

Like right there \/

"A few"

Archived