Old Firm Colts in L2

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are posting mince does the Barcelona b team progress into the next round? How would i know weather the rest of the Celtic support will go to games?
Why would i want Spanish youth players to get better? It has absolutely got nothing to do with this proposal with this hypothetical imperative. 

Why would other Scottish teams want Rangers and Celtic youth players to get better? 

50 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

As a say before you put a 100 fans in a room and you won't get them to agree,how can you devalue the league when every teams knows the rules before the league starts?

By having two teams in the league immune to relegation and having absolutely no repercussion for winning/ losing matches. God it's very simple stuff. 

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think killie would be happy with that set up,why are you deflecting away from this proposal with this hypothetical mince? 

Right now the Colt idea in L2 is hypothetical mince. Another unsubstantiated claim of teams supporting Colt teams as well :thumsup2

28 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

By having two teams in the league immune to relegation and having absolutely no repercussion for winning/ losing matches. God it's very simple stuff. 

You are voicing your concern on the proposal not on when the league 2 starts with colt teams, the rules are in place before a ball is kicked.
If the immunity of the colts is the problem with the proposal then take it out.

Seems like blatant deflection of a valid point TBH. I tell you who will be interested? The youth players being coached by them. Baffling approach to a debate this one. 
I have a perspective and it seems to be one that's shared by most. A positive influence would be supporting the vast majority of  fans of Scottish clubs that don't want to see Colt teams in the league and realise the obvious reasoning for it. To better Rangers and Celtic youth players. Not Scottish youth players not the Scotland national team, Rangers and Celtic youth players. 
If you don't see that then there's no point trying to have a debate with you. 

No. Honestly. On a forum entitled Scottish League 2 general chatter, I'd be hoping to hear from people who have Scottish League 2 at heart.

Your points are well made; just not relevant to the betterment of SPFL2.

As I said, do please make a point that might improve youth development, or general development of my league.

It's not complex. Truly, any such suggestions welcome ON AN SPFL2 FORUM.

You are voicing your concern on the proposal not on when the league 2 starts with colt teams, the rules are in place before a ball is kicked.
The problem is the colts themselves and the many issues commented upon on this thread that come with them. The same issues you have either been unable to answer or deflect with some other nonsense.

The general feeling, other than your bully wee mates that allegedly support this, is that the colts along with the proposal be taken out to sea.

That's 2 posts without answering the question, i have friends that support the bully wee they don't seem to think the league will be devalued?
I don't believe you. I've yet to speak to any fan in our league, Clyde or otherwise, that think the league won't be devalued.

Yet you find two Clyde supporters (rare in itself) that share your views.

I think you're full of shit.

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

The problem is the colts themselves and the many issues commented upon on this thread that come with them. The same issues you have either been unable to answer or deflect with some other nonsense.

The general feeling, other than your bully wee mates that allegedly support this, is that the colts along with the proposal be taken out to sea.

You are against the proposal,i'm for the proposal,both positives and negatives on each side of the debate,i have answered many questions and concerns on this proposal.
I will also respect your opinion if you respect mine,if you start mud slinging i won't answer,if fans want to point score or get greenies that fine,the debate just becomes spam. 

You are against the proposal,i'm for the proposal,both positives and negatives on each side of the debate,i have answered many questions and concerns on this proposal.
I will also respect your opinion if you respect mine,if you start mud slinging i won't answer,if fans want to point score or get greenies that fine,the debate just becomes spam. 
No, rather than answer questions, you tend to either ignore them or go off on a tangent when the arguments become too difficult for you to give a reasoned answer to.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I don't believe you. I've yet to speak to any fan in our league, Clyde or otherwise, that think the league won't be devalued.

Yet you find two Clyde supporters (rare in itself) that share your views.

I think you're full of shit.

That's nice,their main concern was reconstruction of the leagues,they also didn't like the idea of colts in the challenge cup but have since changed their views.
Every fan is the same how it effects their club the self-interest,if you support your club through thick and thin the fear is this proposal will damage my club how and why?
Fans at lower level clubs are very loyal to say to me Clyde fans won't go to games because of this proposal is mince.
How this proposal effects Clyde as a club for me it has very little effect when you look at the journey Clyde have been on the last 20-30 years.

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

No. Honestly. On a forum entitled Scottish League 2 general chatter, I'd be hoping to hear from people who have Scottish League 2 at heart.

Your points are well made; just not relevant to the betterment of SPFL2.

As I said, do please make a point that might improve youth development, or general development of my league.

It's not complex. Truly, any such suggestions welcome ON AN SPFL2 FORUM.

The page is in regards to OF Colts in league two. Is my disdain for the idea not relevant because I don't support a L2 side? Just asking.

Believe it or not one of my main reasons for being against this proposal is I don't think it's fair on fans of clubs at that level. the majority of them are against it so I feel they should be listened to. 

In regards to improving youth development, I would like to see this flipped on its head. Campaigns to force top flight clubs to play more youngsters. Rules in place that mean minimal numbers of homegrown players in the starting 11. that in place for me would have a much bigger impact.  

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's one of many many many problems. Most of which are deal breakers for me as below:

• There is no clear benefit to other teams or Scottish international quality youth development. It clearly benefits only two teams 
  • Even if the Colts could get promoted/ relegated it still means lower competitions become development leagues
  • the financial benefits offered are bribes for perceived lower crowd volumes (means they know fans aren't interested
  • Even with the financial benefits there's no guarantees after two years
  • It's elitist with only two clubs involved
  • It'll take quality young players from other clubs  

The biggest deal breaker is the main impacted fan bases, (League 2 fans) are not for it. It's been shown on polls, club communication, surveys, social media, forums everywhere. There is no dubiety about it, they don't want this.

Even if personally I thought it would be good for Scottish football, my own team or anyone else, I'm of the opinion their views should be paramount. Above all else football is a game, it's their for the enjoyment of all not to further the elite. An impression that's been lost in recent years. 

That's nice,their main concern was reconstruction of the leagues,they also didn't like the idea of colts in the challenge cup but have since changed their views.
Every fan is the same how it effects their club the self-interest,if you support your club through thick and thin the fear is this proposal will damage my club how and why?
Fans at lower level clubs are very loyal to say to me Clyde fans won't go to games because of this proposal is mince.
How this proposal effects Clyde as a club for me it has very little effect when you look at the journey Clyde have been on the last 20-30 years.
You say they initially were against the Colts in the Challenge Cup but changed their minds.

I'm curious why these so called Clyde fans would change their views given that all the positive arguments (crowds, interest, sponsorship) for the colts in that competition turned out to be wrong.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I can only assume these "Clyde fans" sit in the row in front of you at Celtic Park.

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

The page is in regards to OF Colts in league two. Is my disdain for the idea not relevant because I don't support a L2 side? Just asking.

Believe it or not one of my main reasons for being against this proposal is I don't think it's fair on fans of clubs at that level. the majority of them are against it so I feel they should be listened to. 

In regards to improving youth development, I would like to see this flipped on its head. Campaigns to force top flight clubs to play more youngsters. Rules in place that mean minimal numbers of homegrown players in the starting 11. that in place for me would have a much bigger impact.  

Their used to be rules about a certain number of youth players on the bench, but it was horrendous. You'd have six youngsters consigned to sitting on the bench every single week never getting any football. 

We've had two youngsters sit on the bench and solely play youth football with youth team mates, those two have gone absolutely nowhere and soon left us. 

We've had two youngsters have numerous loans throughout the lower leagues, playing beside senior players,  ones now our starting CH and the other earned us £1m.

You get players need to play senior football with senior players, folk who can talk them through the game and motivate them after any mistake. Colt teams is a daft idea because you're removing the most vital part of a players development, a mentor. 

Any chance anyone can come up with a suggestion that will increase the number of u-20's making it into 1st team football, not including dropping u-20 teams into the SPFL. And disbanding structured pro-youth Development; which just can't be an answer.

It’s not up to anybody on here to come up with proposals. A proposal has been put forward and the fans are criticising it.

How about clubs actually playing them every now and then instead of signing lower league English dross on frees or not wasting 2 million pound on fat Mexicans?