Old Firm Colts in L2

So you believe any club supporting this would then have precisely zero fans?  I would question your maths and any such one dimensional logic

You're being pedantic and silly. You know what I mean. If the fans don't want it then the club shouldn't support it.

Because

No fans no club. The fans are everything and their opinions should matter more than a handful of people in the boardroom.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

You're being pedantic and silly. You know what I mean. If the fans don't want it then the club shouldn't support it.

Because

No fans no club. The fans are everything and their opinions should matter more than a handful of people in the boardroom.

No the Directors should make what they think is the best decision for the club bearing in mind fan views and all other pertinent factors.  Your dictum would also mean no club as no one surely would wish to act as a director if such decisions were not their ultimate responsibility but were just based on rubber stamping orders given by what would generally be a faction made up of more vociferous and active fans rather than the overall fanbase.  

No the Directors should make what they think is the best decision for the club bearing in mind fan views and all other pertinent factors.  Your dictum would also mean no club as no one surely would wish to act as a director if such decisions were not their ultimate responsibility but were just based on rubber stamping orders given by what would generally be a faction made up of more vociferous and active fans rather than the overall fanbase.  

Yes the directors should do what's best for the club, by listening to the fans.

Correct and then make a judgement based on that and all other pertinent factors.

No. This is not a normal situation or decision this. This is the life and death of clubs at stake here. What the fans think, should be the only consideration.

No. This is not a normal situation or decision this. This is the life and death of clubs at stake here. What the fans think, should be the only consideration.

You sound as dramatic as SimonLichtie now - that's your view fair enough but doesn't mean you are correct. Life or death of clubs, hmmm.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Celtics vote counts the same as Cowdenbeaths vote.

Yeah, but the Old Firm have a history of bullying smaller clubs to get their way. I can't imagine a threat from Cowdenbeath to have the Lichties expelled from the league taken seriously for more than a couple of seconds.

However, in 1964, Rangers wanted Albion Rovers, Berwick, Brechin, Stranraer and Stenhousemuir thrown out of the league because their crowds were too small. Secret meetings had been held to discuss Rangers' proposals.

At one of these meetings, on 28th April 1964, Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Queen’s Park, Raith and Stirling Albion said they were unhappy with the plans. They were told that if they did not agree with the proposals and vote with Rangers, then anyone of them could be expelled in place of one or more of the five. Unsurprisingly, the rebellion didn't go much further at that time.

The proposals didn't get kicked out until 1968, after all 5 had run up significant legal bills to defend their league status.

Some things aren't really decided on 'one member, one vote'

Disappointing level of response in general. Are the SPFL going to sit up and take notice of 1072 views? Doubtful! Probably far more idiots readers of rags like the daily record thinking this is a great idea.

It's not even a question of numbers. Of course the vast majority of fans in the country will be for Colt teams, but the vast majority of fans in the country are fans of Celtic and Rangers.

The vast majority of fans in the lower leagues. Who this will affect. Will be totally against this and that's who they've got to take into consideration whether they want to or not. 1072 responses is actually quite good, I only managed to fill it out by chance as it was posted on a page I noticed on here.

Not been advertised by any club aside from Clyde (kudos) either so it's actually done rather well I'd say. Do wish there was more responses though.

Yeah, but the Old Firm have a history of bullying smaller clubs to get their way. I can't imagine a threat from Cowdenbeath to have the Lichties expelled from the league taken seriously for more than a couple of seconds.
However, in 1964, Rangers wanted Albion Rovers, Berwick, Brechin, Stranraer and Stenhousemuir thrown out of the league because their crowds were too small. Secret meetings had been held to discuss Rangers' proposals.
At one of these meetings, on 28th April 1964, Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Queen’s Park, Raith and Stirling Albion said they were unhappy with the plans. They were told that if they did not agree with the proposals and vote with Rangers, then anyone of them could be expelled in place of one or more of the five. Unsurprisingly, the rebellion didn't go much further at that time.
The proposals didn't get kicked out until 1968, after all 5 had run up significant legal bills to defend their league status.
Some things aren't really decided on 'one member, one vote'

But they didn't get their way is actually the gist of your story

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But they didn't get their way is actually the gist of your story

The 'gist of my story' is that the Old Firm are not unwilling to make threats to get their way and pressurise smaller clubs to vote for their proposals. Cowdenbeath were quick enough to vote for Rangers proposals in 1964 when they were threatened with becoming one of the five clubs facing oblivion (as were Arbroath). 

Are you seriously suggesting that Cowdenbeath's voice is equal to Celtic's because five diddy clubs ultimately got their way after spending four years going through the courts to defend their interests and incurring crippling legal bills to avoid oblivion?

12 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

The 'gist of my story' is that the Old Firm are not unwilling to make threats to get their way and pressurise smaller clubs to vote for their proposals. Cowdenbeath were quick enough to vote for Rangers proposals in 1964 when they were threatened with becoming one of the five clubs facing oblivion (as were Arbroath). 

Are you seriously suggesting that Cowdenbeath's voice is equal to Celtic's because five diddy clubs ultimately got their way after spending four years going through the courts to defend their interests and incurring crippling legal bills to avoid oblivion?

Us diddy clubs got our way when Sevco were voted in to Div 2. One member one vote is the rule.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Erm spfl voting isn't one club one vote anyway, this argument is pointless.

Doesn't that depend on circumstances? My recollection is that there are 'A' shares for the Premier clubs and 'B' shares for the rest. In cases that affect the Premier league only, the 'A' shares have more value, but in cases that affect the Championship, League 1 & 2, all shares have equal value?

Happy to be corrected.

6 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Us diddy clubs got our way when Sevco were voted in to Div 2. One member one vote is the rule.

That's not my point. The Old Firm can use their muscle to help them gain votes whenever they need to.

Imagine that you are a director of Diddy FC. A large SPFL club wants you to vote for a proposal, and (at the same time) are offering you a long term loan of a promising wonderkid plus a glamour preseason friendly.

Does this influence your view on their unrelated proposal?