Old Firm Colts in L2

Asked this on another thread, but has anyone worth listening to reported this?

Not aware that such a proposal has been put to SPFL clubs - I also said on here some time ago (to some scoffing) that the only way this would ever fly was if some financial incentive was offered to lower league clubs. The pay for 300 is an interesting idea but doubt if that is enough to tempt the relevant clubs to go for this.

Setting aside the fundamental issue of 'B' teams being allowed at all, why should they start part-way up?

There's numerous clubs in Highland & Lowland desperate to get into SPFL2 - plenty in East & South trying to get into LL (and joining at bottom e.g. Kelty).

Why OF?

Why should 'B' teams be allowed not to have home grounds?

Where would Rangers 'B' v Celtic 'B' / Celtic 'B' v Rangers 'B' be played?

What happens if finish top 4 in SPFL2?

Will it mean playing 3x - i.e. 33-game season?

Why OF? Surely because they are the clubs who want this and presumably are prepared to fund it

Not sure if what Cosgrove suggests is accurate but it's definitely still being looked at. Clyde put a brief update of meetings etc on their website. There is a group looking into the Colt teams as of Oct.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/insight/

Yes as is right and proper - they are charged with reviewing such matters and putting forward any recommendations for consideration by member clubs

Yes as is right and proper - they are charged with reviewing such matters and putting forward any recommendations for consideration by member clubs

Why is it ‘right and proper’ to consider these matters when almost unanimously fans want this idea thrown in the fucking sea?

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Im sure I saw the makeup of this group somewhere and it was all premier clubs represented.

they are not going to let this go and we as lower league fans need to fight this by any means possible.

i doubt it will ever happen without some serious financial kickback to lower league clubs.

Why is it ‘right and proper’ to consider these matters when almost unanimously fans want this idea thrown in the fucking sea?

Do you know what unanimously means? A small number of fans on here are commenting not some mass movement. It is the clubs who decide on these proposals that's how it works. M

Why not chuck the colt teams in the Juniors. In a completely different set up there would be no issues with promotion and relegation or cup competition places. Many junior clubs might welcome the financial incentive if not the actual opposition. I mean i would rather chuck the colt team idea in the bin but lets face it its likely to happen because a few numpty will think they can get future Scotland superstars out of it . . . Aye right. 

8 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

a few numpty will think they can get future Scotland superstars out of it . .

What's the point in developing Old Firm players for the Scotland side when they get pulled out of the squad for a strained eyelash?

8 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Why not chuck the colt teams in the Juniors. In a completely different set up there would be no issues with promotion and relegation or cup competition places. Many junior clubs might welcome the financial incentive if not the actual opposition. I mean i would rather chuck the colt team idea in the bin but lets face it its likely to happen because a few numpty will think they can get future Scotland superstars out of it . . . Aye right. 

No thanks.

What's the point in developing Old Firm players for the Scotland side when they get pulled out of the squad for a strained eyelash?

Hey that's a real injury concern that ranks alongside twisted socks, uneven manicured nails, poor hair cut design and of course sudden gusts of wind.

This is where the weakness in opposing this lies.
We don't want them dumped in our leagues but you are suggesting they get dumped elsewhere.
Get the whole thing thrown out. Clearly no league wants them.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

We don't want them dumped in our leagues but you are suggesting they get dumped elsewhere.

Quite right if they are to be moved get them into a reserve league where the up & coming can mix it with the has beens & no longer required players of clubs that have too many players or if the development league is too soft for them get them into the ladies league but do not destroy proper clubs for the sake of appeasing a couple clubs for no gain.

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I did say my preferred option would be colts in the bin however what you have to consider is the yes men at the SFA aren't going to pay attention to the moaning and gripes of fans outside the top tier. and especially outside of the OF. The idea destroys the good work done by the PYRAMID and the PLAYOFFS. I hope this idea does not become reality but if those yes men want something then they will probably make it happen