Divorce

Cerberus

1 minute ago, throbber said:

. is a lovely surname ross

Indeed. My surname is a fairly common one in Scotland, albeit there is a hint of schoolboy smut to it. It's actually quite tremendous when considered next to my forename which translates in Swiss German as "Horse".

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It's the Clydebank upbringing.

That and the fact that she really dislikes my surname.

I was watching some pre American election videos on you tube and the news were interviewing folk outside a supermarket when I kid you not they interviewed a Mr w****r.

I couldn't help but think that would put women off marrying this legend.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Indeed. My surname is a fairly common one in Scotland, albeit there is a hint of schoolboy smut to it. It's actually quite tremendous when considered next to my forename which translates in Swiss German as "Horse".

Im going to guess your surname is Bonar. 

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Is it Penis?  It's Penis, isn't it?

5 minutes ago, DarkBlue62 said:

How bad do things really have to get to consider divorce? Should really only be marrying if you're 100 % she's not a raj. Maybe the reason I'm not engaged yet actually.

Men think with their dicks.

Also a warning to guys who are dating a woman out of their league and think the smartest thing to do is get her up the aisle.

She does wake up 1 day.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Men think with their dicks.

Also a warning to guys who are dating a woman out of their league and think the smartest thing to do is get her up the aisle.

She does wake up 1 day.

I hope that was a typo

One guy I knew had married the psycho bitch from hell. When it inevitably went tits up she gave him the best fucking he will ever have had, came to him via her lawyer. She took him for absolutely everything

Women are evil

My experience is not a pleasant one either. Although my problem seems to be I'm too much of a mug when it comes to my ex. She has played me like a Stradivarius for years.

Prostitutes, in the long run, are cheaper and will cause you far less psychological damage.

What you can expect from a divorce.

Lose half yer assets.

Lose the house.

Lose half yer pension.

Barely see your kids

Pay maintenance for those kids you don't see.

Can do nothing to stop her moving away with your kids.

Women really did a number on men. I for 1 admire our new overlords who have the cheek to say it's a mans world.

Do lawyers actually marry? Seems given they see 1st hand the consequences of that 'I do' that they wouldn't dare.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

How do you mean take him for everything though? Surely she is only entitled to half?

Not when there are kids involved. You also have to factor in things like when it starts taking its toll you just want it over and done with and are more likely to sign anything.

6 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Not when there are kids involved. You also have to factor in things like when it starts taking its toll you just want it over and done with and are more likely to sign anything.

And clearly this woman wasn't going to back down at any time. What sticky business. My girlfriend doesn't have it in her to be like that, i know her too well.

Just now, throbber said:

And clearly this woman wasn't going to back down at any time. What sticky business. My girlfriend doesn't have it in her to be like that, i know her too well.

That's it. The lawyers will eventually suggest going to court to get it sorted, and when you see how many thousands they will charge it ends up being cheaper just signing what turns out to be a really shit agreement.

In my case it went to court. I was about £200 below the threshold for some legal aid. My ex wasn't entitled to any. She actually enquired about having my legal aid stopped. Still cost me a shitload though...Nothing near as much as it cost her though :)

3 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

That's it. The lawyers will eventually suggest going to court to get it sorted, and when you see how many thousands they will charge it ends up being cheaper just signing what turns out to be a really shit agreement.

In my case it went to court. I was about £200 below the threshold for some legal aid. My ex wasn't entitled to any. She actually enquired about having my legal aid stopped. Still cost me a shitload though...Nothing near as much as it cost her though :)

Good enough for the c**t.

I take it if a man marries a wealthy woman when he has hee haw and they divorce he gets half of her assets as well?