Divorce

Cerberus

Just now, mrcat1990 said:

I accidentally was involved with a trans lady. You're the main fan and shall remain the expert on here for such matters.

To speak metaphorically. I've driven a lot of cars but this doesn't make me a mechanic whereas you've got the overalls and had a look under the bonnet......

Besides, I'm a respectable married family man these days.

3 hours ago, sjc said:

To speak metaphorically. I've driven a lot of cars but this doesn't make me a mechanic whereas you've got the overalls and had a look under the bonnet......

Besides, I'm a respectable married family man these days.

Respectable?  Married?  Family?

As the Meatloaf song goes....

Found out this week that my ex wife's 2nd  husband has died,i actually feel sorry for her as I was not a great husband to her and she deserved happiness.
We married too young and I was more interested in beer and football most of the time.

Beer and football is far more interesting than any woman tbf.

10 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Call me immature but the idea of either children or marriage sounds awful to me. This thread has only gone further to really reinforce that view, especially considering the statistics for marriages these days going down the pan in the first five years is around 33% I believe.

Kids are absolutely brilliant.  Quite easily the best thing I've ever done.  Divorcing was too - especially for my kids.  Rather than living in a war zone they had two happy parents living independent lives but who cooperated to ensure they were well looked after.  They actually thrived post-divorce and now, in their teens, choose who to stay with and when.  

I was determined to have as civilised a divorce as possible and not trade money off against access to the weans.  It cost me a lot of money but was worth it as we never squabbled and the kids weren't fought over.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Kids are absolutely brilliant.  Quite easily the best thing I've ever done.  Divorcing was too - especially for my kids.  Rather than living in a war zone they had two happy parents living independent lives but who cooperated to ensure they were well looked after.  They actually thrived post-divorce and now, in their teens, choose who to stay with and when.  

I was determined to have as civilised a divorce as possible and not trade money off against access to the weans.  It cost me a lot of money but was worth it as we never squabbled and the kids weren't fought over.

Could not agree more,i have 3 kids and yes we have had some rather interesting times with them and not in a good way,but I could not imagine life without them.I go to the football with my son(he is 24) and I love it.my daughters are 20 and 28 and they will always be my wee girls.

Edited by keithgy

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Could not agree more,i have 3 kids and yes we have had some rather interesting times with them and not in a good way,but I could not imagine life without them.I go to the football with my son(he is 24) and I love it.my daughters are 20 and 28 and they will always be my wee girls.

You've the same girl-boy-girl combination as I have though mine are 14, 16 and 18 and it works well - seeing that siblings are inherently competitive.  

You're absolutely right about the lassies - they will always be my babies and, frankly, I treat them differently to my son.  It's not that I favour him it's just I don't feel the need to be protective towards him in the same way.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You've the same girl-boy-girl combination as I have though mine are 14, 16 and 18 and it works well - seeing that siblings are inherently competitive.  

You're absolutely right about the lassies - they will always be my babies and, frankly, I treat them differently to my son.  It's not that I favour him it's just I don't feel the need to be protective towards him in the same way.

My youngest told me this week I frightened away 3 boyfriends as I told them if they hurt her I hurt them :whistle