Sky Sports - GTF ?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to watch a game of fitba and have the game/two teams discussed without it turning into a version of the Jeremy Kyle show no matter who's playing.

In reply to bairnado.

Just now, bennett said:

I just want to watch a game of fitba and have the game/two teams discussed without it turning into a version of the Jeremy Kyle show no matter who's playing.

It's a pretty minor part of the coverage though. Don't really get why you're so fixated on it.

Just now, Trackdaybob said:

For the brief period I had it on yesterday, the commentary was awful. He couldn't have sounded less interested if he tried.

Wondered whether they were 'caught out' insofar as they lost sound from the ground then had commentator-only sound - was Ian Crocker at the game or in a studio down south somewhere?

6 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

Wondered whether they were 'caught out' insofar as they lost sound from the ground then had commentator-only sound - was Ian Crocker at the game or in a studio down south somewhere?

If that's the case then fair enough. Things go wrong from time to time. It was far from what I was expecting which would go a long way to suggest technical issues.

Only a complete imbecile could argue that Sky's half arsed coverage is anywhere near the level of BT Sports.. cue Bennett !!

I agree that the fake arguments/trolling by Chris Sutton is partly encouraged, planned even but, even if you cant stand the guy, which im sure covers a large % of viewers there is no doubt it is an enjoyable watch, the seethe he provokes from Craigen in particular is hilarious, also as pointed out earlier in this thread the build up/advertising/analysis is the same for Dundee v Hearts as it is for Aberdeen v Celtic etc.

Bennett reminds me very much of Bungle from Rainbow, likeable and amusing but ultimately, thick as pigshit.

24 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

I kinda get that BT are trying to give a decent coverage, but frankly the Currie guy makes me squirm with his "Hey guys, wasn't that exciting, what about that talking point blah blah" like the wimpest boy in the class telling the big boys "Go on, hit him".

Compared to that weasel David Tanner he's outstanding. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Compared to that weasel David Tanner he's outstanding. 

There are no words in the English language to describe how nauseating that man is !

And dont get me started on that p***k Neil McCann !!!!

There are no words in the English language to describe how nauseating that man is !

And dont get me started on that p***k Neil McCann !!!!

Andy Walker is the worst pundit for me easily, closely followed by Provan. No attempt by Walker at being even minded and Provan takes himself far too seriously.

If a Scottish game is on Sky I will very rarely tune in before kick off but I will for a BT game. The BT guys seem genuinely very interested in the games, Sky dinna.

Here's an idea, cancel your Sky / BT subscriptions and go and watch a game at one of the thousands of games going on in parks all over Scotland at the weekends.

No commentators, no pundits, no entry fee 99% of the time, you can't beat it.

What about those that do both?

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Only a complete imbecile could argue that Sky's half arsed coverage is anywhere near the level of BT Sports.. cue Bennett !!

I agree that the fake arguments/trolling by Chris Sutton is partly encouraged, planned even but, even if you cant stand the guy, which im sure covers a large % of viewers there is no doubt it is an enjoyable watch, the seethe he provokes from Craigen in particular is hilarious, also as pointed out earlier in this thread the build up/advertising/analysis is the same for Dundee v Hearts as it is for Aberdeen v Celtic etc.

Bennett reminds me very much of Bungle from Rainbow, likeable and amusing but ultimately, thick as pigshit.

Atleast I don't have a greasy ponytail.

Nah the Sky commentator for Scottish games is a fucking dickhead.  What's his name? Something Crocker?  Sounds like he's cumming every time Celtic or Rangers get over the halfway line.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Nah the Sky commentator for Scottish games is a fucking dickhead.  What's his name? Something Crocker?  Sounds like he's cumming every time Celtic or Rangers get over the halfway line.

Yes absolute bell end. He usually has one stat he repeats every ten minutes or so. Zero effort. He's a cock. 

Games scudded onto Sky Sports 5 with coverage starting about 5 minutes before kick off, with Neil the drone McCann on his tod rambling negative drivel in the studio. Then you are subjected to monkeys like Crocker and either Andy Walker or Davie Provan. With BT you have a wide array of pundits and commentators, more games, more time dedicated to Scottish Football, additional programming, and general a much more positive outlook on the game. Sky coverage is basically Radio Clyde with pictures, OF centric shite. BT wanted the League Cup, they wanted the play-offs.

I don't think there is any comparison tbh. Sky's coverage is awful.

Archived