Sky Sports - GTF ?

No really, they've just recycled last seasons Ronny D digs. 

Rather than rangers fans on here not liking bt, it appears to be just me. I only read his first paragraph tbf.

'Someone said something negative about Rangers therefore I didn't read'

Pretty much summed up why you don't like bt there Bennett. Thanks for proving everyone's point.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dons_1988 said:

'Someone said something negative about Rangers therefore I didn't read'

Pretty much summed up why you don't like bt there Bennett. Thanks for proving everyone's point.

Someone wrote so ething with a shitload of errors in the first paragraph, no point in continuing...

You simply don't want to read anything that paints Rangers in a bad light. Your main complaint is something that takes up a very small portion of the coverage, yet if you're to be believed, they're constantly down each other's throats in an Eastenders like family argument.

You don't give a f**k about the coverage other than the two arse cheeks, as evidenced by their "oh, Sky have Celtic pundits too". Because that's what it's about. The OF. f**k the rest.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

You simply don't want to read anything that paints Rangers in a bad light. Your main complaint is something that takes up a very small portion of the coverage, yet if you're to be believed, they're constantly down each other's throats in an Eastenders like family argument.

You don't give a f**k about the coverage other than the two arse cheeks, as evidenced by their "oh, Sky have Celtic pundits too". Because that's what it's about. The OF. f**k the rest.

Look I prefer sky sports to BT sports, its as if I've admitted to being a serial killer who also kicks kittens and puppies.

It truly is no surprise that the only posters arguing against BT Sport are those who support Rangers. BT have been critical of Rangers, and correctly so. The club was promoted in the summer and spent all summer drumming up their fans with a marketing campaign based on challenging Celtic for the title (#goingfor55), while their management, players and board in various soundbites made it clear that second was not good enough. £30 million was meant to be spent. When that didn't materialise, Sutton, Stewart and Craigan have rightly pointed out these deficiencies.

Let's be clear, BT Sport are so far ahead of Sky Sports in their coverage of Scottish football that it is embarrassing. The punditry is extensive, interesting and well researched on BT, while on Sky, it is non existent, outside of Neil McCann, who while a wee bit negative, is a good pundit. Derek Rae is a magnificent commentator - always well prepared, with interesting insights and statistics. Ian Crocker is rancid, does not appreciate the need to use silence to his advantage and generally has little flow to his commentaries. Has the odd great soundbite but that's all. Chris Sutton may be controversial and a bit of an arse at times, but he cares about the game, is well informed about every team and is opinionated - which every pundit should be. Andy Walker is bland by comparison and doesn't know much of the smaller teams in the league.

BT offer an hour long build up to games, with in-depth interviews, punditry and analysis, Sky barely have 15 minutes to scrape together a build up. The fact that BT came forward with offers for the playoffs and the League Cup shows how much they want to be involved with Scottish football. Their playoff coverage over the last two seasons has been outstanding, and has led to them gaining the rights to a number of the most dramatic games in Scottish football over that period. The Motherwell v Rangers playoff, Falkirk v Hibs and Killie v Falkirk games will live long in the memory.

Unlike the BBC, BT have the financial clout to back up their Sport operation, and it is time to say goodbye to Sky. They offer a third rate broadcast service to our game with poor coverage and frequent basic errors in reporting. The SPFL have already tied in with BT more extensively given the playoff and League Cup deals, and I suspect that this will continue with an exclusive deal for the League coverage in the next round of talks. If the Scottish FA had sense, they would also offer BT the chunk of rights Sky have for the Scottish Cup also.

On a small side note, I had the pleasure of bumping into Michael Stewart and Chris Sutton at Broxden services as me and my friends were on the way to Hamilton in October. The two of them took five minutes to chat to us about Scottish football and were warm, engaging and charming. Two really good guys.

I don't think anyone can put it any better than this, excellent post!

I recently got rid of Sky Sports and took up BT Sports because BT are miles ahead, watch sky sports on sports mania when required now.

It truly is no surprise that the only posters arguing against BT Sport are those who support Rangers. BT have been critical of Rangers, and correctly so. The club was promoted in the summer and spent all summer drumming up their fans with a marketing campaign based on challenging Celtic for the title (#goingfor55), while their management, players and board in various soundbites made it clear that second was not good enough. £30 million was meant to be spent. When that didn't materialise, Sutton, Stewart and Craigan have rightly pointed out these deficiencies.

Let's be clear, BT Sport are so far ahead of Sky Sports in their coverage of Scottish football that it is embarrassing. The punditry is extensive, interesting and well researched on BT, while on Sky, it is non existent, outside of Neil McCann, who while a wee bit negative, is a good pundit. Derek Rae is a magnificent commentator - always well prepared, with interesting insights and statistics. Ian Crocker is rancid, does not appreciate the need to use silence to his advantage and generally has little flow to his commentaries. Has the odd great soundbite but that's all. Chris Sutton may be controversial and a bit of an arse at times, but he cares about the game, is well informed about every team and is opinionated - which every pundit should be. Andy Walker is bland by comparison and doesn't know much of the smaller teams in the league.

BT offer an hour long build up to games, with in-depth interviews, punditry and analysis, Sky barely have 15 minutes to scrape together a build up. The fact that BT came forward with offers for the playoffs and the League Cup shows how much they want to be involved with Scottish football. Their playoff coverage over the last two seasons has been outstanding, and has led to them gaining the rights to a number of the most dramatic games in Scottish football over that period. The Motherwell v Rangers playoff, Falkirk v Hibs and Killie v Falkirk games will live long in the memory.

Unlike the BBC, BT have the financial clout to back up their Sport operation, and it is time to say goodbye to Sky. They offer a third rate broadcast service to our game with poor coverage and frequent basic errors in reporting. The SPFL have already tied in with BT more extensively given the playoff and League Cup deals, and I suspect that this will continue with an exclusive deal for the League coverage in the next round of talks. If the Scottish FA had sense, they would also offer BT the chunk of rights Sky have for the Scottish Cup also.

On a small side note, I had the pleasure of bumping into Michael Stewart and Chris Sutton at Broxden services as me and my friends were on the way to Hamilton in October. The two of them took five minutes to chat to us about Scottish football and were warm, engaging and charming. Two really good guys.

Spot on

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Someone wrote so ething with a shitload of errors in the first paragraph, no point in continuing...

Makes an error in a post moaning about people supposedly making errors.

Classic Sevconian.

Is it possible we'll get some form of bidding war between Sky and BT at some point? BT will surely want a slice of the OF pie.

Yes. This will be the first opportunity BT will have to buy the rights to the Premiership and get one over on Sky whilst Sky are desperate not to lose any more rights to BT and losing SPFL rights could result in them losing up to 250,000 subscribers.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

It didn't take long for some kunt to work in an anti sevco angle lol

Stick to Rangers TV otherwise you might hear an inconvenient truth about your Club, Bennett.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Look I prefer sky sports to BT sports, its as if I've admitted to being a serial killer who also kicks kittens and puppies.

Preferable to being a *** to be fair

Just now, arab1975 said:

Day 2.Could you explain to us all what or where is diddy land.????

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/forum/6-scottish-championship-general-chatter/

Now off you pop. Thank you.

BT's coverage is substantially better than Sky's in almost every possible aspect. I find it hard to believe that anyone could genuinely think otherwise.

The current situation probably suits BT though, with a relatively small spend in Scotland getting them substantially more good publicity than it probably should, and at the same time making Sky look terrible into the bargain. I'm not sure they would be interested in being the sole coverage provider and taking Sky's games from them.

Archived