Sky Sports - GTF ?

Was at the Celtic match today but reading some utterly scathing feedback on the half arsed, piss poor coverage by Sky Sports, a channel which, in my opinion doesnt give a toss about Scottish Football, treating it with utter contempt, paying it a pittance for half arsed coverage.

Chris Sutton may rile people with his outspoken/attention seeking opinions but there is no doubt BT Sport give vastly superiour coverage in general, with proper build up, pre and post match analysis and just a genuine impression they are serious about, and dedicated to the game up here.

Time for our administrators to grow a pair and tell Sky to do one and just devote all their resources on w**king themselves silly over the over hyped English Premiership I reckon.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) hope santa brings you a 10yr subscription to sky...

I do however agree, it is seen as basically a amateur league, but in reality you have to look at it on paper. Teams in third tier of English Football are generating more money than every other team outside of the OF. This year is now back to the same old shit we had 6 years ago Celtic top, Rangers second and the rest non entities. They will only care about Celtic versus Rangers from now on again unless one of you go bust again. then they might care a little of the rest of the teams. Pretty sure BT would be exactly the same if they got the same % of EPL games. sad but very true.

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

Always thought that sky were more professional that BT sport's, I'd probably cancel BT sport's if it wasn't included in my package for free.

I'd wager you're in the minority, by and large, bt's coverage is vastly superior.

Merry Xmas. 

BT's coverage has been excellent; Derek Rae is one of the best commentators going, they have good pundits who voice their opinions and highlight things the average viewer might miss, and the overall theme of the production really tries to give you a sense of being in the ground, something I don't think I've seen from any other channels' coverage, of any league.

I think Sky's Scottish football coverage is delegated to interns or the work experience kid.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Was at the Celtic match today but reading some utterly scathing feedback on the half arsed, piss poor coverage by Sky Sports, a channel which, in my opinion doesnt give a toss about Scottish Football, treating it with utter contempt, paying it a pittance for half arsed coverage.

Chris Sutton may rile people with his outspoken/attention seeking opinions but there is no doubt BT Sport give vastly superiour coverage in general, with proper build up, pre and post match analysis and just a genuine impression they are serious about, and dedicated to the game up here.

Time for our administrators to grow a pair and tell Sky to do one and just devote all their resources on w**king themselves silly over the over hyped English Premiership I reckon.

No you weren't.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Always thought that sky were more professional that BT sport's, I'd probably cancel BT sport's if it wasn't included in my package for free.

That's because Sky sook the The Rangers boaby, whereas BT don't. 

56 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That's because Sky sook the The Rangers boaby, whereas BT don't. 

Sky guys tend to stick to the game and teams while BT seem to be going for a more trashy tabloidy style show with fake arguments and pundits trying to be controversial at every turn.

A matter of taste I suppose.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sky guys tend to stick to the game and teams while BT seem to be going for a more trashy tabloidy style show with fake arguments and pundits trying to be controversial at every turn.

A matter of taste I suppose.

I think the fake argument thing is true, but a small price to pay for them actually acting like they give a f**k. I have no doubt it IS acting like they give a f**k, but it's the least you'd expect from the people being paid to cover it.

Sky's lot don't even pretend.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you just saying that because Suttons involved?

I think hes a fanny btw, but its pretty difficult to argue that BT coverage is a long was better than Skys in Scotland.

Sky also have several ex Celtic pundits, it's down to sky sports discussing the game in a more professional manner.

To a certain extent. I dont imagine Mother v St Johnstone keeps Sutton awake at night but they have the buildup to these games and within that, talking points get raised and the guys involved form, then argue their opinions. In that respect I doubt its pretend.

Whether they give a f**k about the teams involved or not, im sure they are serious when they pick up and debate points from any game.

I think let's how much they 'care' and more about the fact it's very evident that the pundits have done their homework pre match and can talk about the diddy teams with a degree of informed knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye but none of them gave Derek Johnstone an absolute spanking on the radio. Maybe thats enough to put you off. Whether you like the BT format or even the personnel its hard to argue Skys half-arsed coverage is anywhere near it.

I've been critical of BT sports well before that. 

If you want the fake arguments/controversy which are obviously scripted then fair enough.

I kinda get that BT are trying to give a decent coverage, but frankly the Currie guy makes me squirm with his "Hey guys, wasn't that exciting, what about that talking point blah blah" like the wimpest boy in the class telling the big boys "Go on, hit him".

The fake arguments aren't only in Scottish football. I think in some cases it's obvious there's real disagreement but on both sides of the border, there's been a lot more of it than usual, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

As I say though, I don't see it as a big deal, and I don't understand why anyone else would either. They have two commentators who give a f**k about the game, and one who constantly goes to games when he has time off, simply because he's a fan of it. They get pundits who also care about Scottish football, rather than the OF, and that in turn, is a good thing. They then advertise every game as much as each other, whether it's Celtic vs. Hearts of Accies vs. St Johnstone.

This is why they're better.

Archived