Edinburgh City v Lichties

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Arbroath defended as well as anyone I've seen at Meadowbank this season, City were poor but I guess a lot of credit has to go to Arbroath for that.

Not sure what the big Arbroath lad was doing having a go at the City drummer and his pals, they're just kids and it felt a bit over the top from where I was sitting.

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Thought Arbroath defended as well as anyone I've seen at Meadowbank this season, City were poor but I guess a lot of credit has to go to Arbroath for that.

Not sure what the big Arbroath lad was doing having a go at the City drummer and his pals, they're just kids and it felt a bit over the top from where I was sitting.

he probably had a hangover.....! ach, I'll teach the wee lads some free jazz to really piss him off for the next fixture against Arbroath. 

Beaten by the better team. Good counter attack for the second goal- three against 1 defender and the keeper. That wee Spartans pest Omar likes scoring against us. Grrrrr!

paper.jpg

This auld punter obviously gave up on the second half and started studying the horses in his paper. Hope he got a winner... 

42 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Photograph's from today's match

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157677424769330

I really love the brutalist style of Meadowbank Stadium, but it is dark.   If they new development goes ahead, I hope they give you a bigger stand than the planned 500 seater.

IMG_7488 copy.jpg

aye, it is a tad dark at Meadowbank- especially in these days of improved floodlights. Those venerable erections at the Stadium used to be considered decent compared to some of the 40 watt bulb efforts you got at some places 30 years ago!

anyway here is the reverse view of one of your photos- Bobby Linn tackling Aaron Dunsmore...

arbro1.jpg

I thought Malin played well, second half when he came on for McCord. Good tackling, pace and passing. It's hard to see where Hodge might fit in to this current team.

I agree about Malin yesterday. I also thought Hammy was superb again. Loads of positives to take out of yesterday

14 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Yeah that bloke was a p***k. Acting like a bully boy all game towards a bunch of kids. 

Give them kids a few years and I reckon they'll get a really good little atmosphere going at city games fair play to all of em. 

As for the game even though I stayed till about a minute before the final whistle I really deep down wanted to f**k off back to the pub on 75 minutes. We were outhought in every department by a well drilled arbroath side who I think will go up this year. I thought we missed a good couple of chances though. Really need to start finding the target as although we don't concede many goals we don't score a lot either 

Archived