Annan Ath v Forfar Ath. 07.01

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great performance, fully deserved the 3pts. How did you guys play yesterday...i take it you were there?

Just done a job really, controlled the game well and never really looked in danger. Edinburgh are really tough opponents, nothing fancy just direct and make it difficult on a terrible park. It's incredible that we've only lost 2 and you 3 and everybody else is like 9/10/11 defeats. Surely us 2 and Elgin will make up the top 3. Im positive that if we had Ricky Gomes in from the start we would be up next to you guys.

It's infuriating

Especially when you see goals like that and last minute winners in 7 goal games

To be fair I didn't think we were in any danger yesterday. WIN was deserved. And the 4-3 games weren't luck. Just quality and hard work

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's infuriating

Especially when you see goals like that and last minute winners in 7 goal games

We have went years watching other teams score against us in the last minute....times are a changing....at last we have some winners on the park. All the piss taking aside...this league will go to the last 2 games.

28 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

We have went years watching other teams score against us in the last minute....times are a changing....at last we have some winners on the park. All the piss taking aside...this league will go to the last 2 games.

The league will actually go to the last game same as every year. Outcome may well be over by that time though.

2 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

The league will actually go to the last game same as every year. Outcome may well be over by that time though.

We will drop points as will Arbroath and Elgin...it's who can string 3 or 4 wins together mid Feb that will win it. 

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Very soft.

What like did the back 4 play like, without Malcolm?  A more solid look, or still shakey?

Solid enough...Bain has been caught out twice in a week though. Middle of the park was a problem yesterday i thought. Cox and Lister caused problems all day...a bit of sharpness in front of goal and it could have been easier.

Solid enough...Bain has been caught out twice in a week though. Middle of the park was a problem yesterday i thought. Cox and Lister caused problems all day...a bit of sharpness in front of goal and it could have been easier.

Totally agree.
While it was great to get Travis back (and I thought he was good - 1st half especially), I did feel sorry for Bain and Kennedy. Kennedy has come in and played his part in the last 4 games (3 wins and a draw). Not really done too much wrong.
Bain has been outstanding during that period and has set up at least 4 of our goals from right back. He was caught wrong side/ turning the wrong way for the penalty incident and that can only be because he's more used to playing on the right side of the pitch.

I'd have Travis in my lineup every week but I prefer him at centre half. (Partnered with TOB would be ideal)

Foxy was below par before getting injured and McCawl was quieter this week than against Elgin on Monday. Cox and Lister played really well throughout.
Ground out that result and I'm sure there will be a few more games like that before the season ends. (Hopefully we end up with the result in those games too).

Archived