Annan Ath v Forfar Ath. 07.01

Well, the Forfar Juggernaut, fresh from its successful jaunt up and down the A96 is set to head south this weekend to Annan.

Provided there are no injuries reported this week, Father TOB should be straight back in to replace Malcs and I reckon the management team are still trying to break Travis in gently, so Munro will retain his place.

Midfield played well at Elgin but I'm not sure when McCawl's loan spell ends. If Milne is fit, he may get back into the starting XI. The only other possible change would be Lister in for Peters. GB seems to favour Jim and, after a couple of blanks from Josh, there may be a change up front. However we go, I'll be happy. Team seem to have a great spirit at the moment with the fairly settled side able to come back from behind in the last few games.

3000 Loons to make the trek south, pies to sell out early, 50/50 £275. 4-3 Forfar win with a last minute winner...wait...have we done that one yet? :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Thought the midfield struggled at times....i would chuck TOB in there just for this game...Kerr and Coxy up front...run them ragged!!

Who's losing out in midfield then? McCawl (if he's still here), Foxy or Milne?  Not so sure if TOB in midfield is a good call though, with both Travis and Munro just coming back from injury.  TOB at CH and either of the other two able to replace each other if something goes Pete Tong.  The possibility of both returnees needing replaced before the 90 minutes is too much of a risk.

TOB will get his midfield chance when Foxy's suspension kicks in and the previous mentioned CH's have had a bit more game time/chance to recover from injury.

Kerr won't get a start before Lister or Peters but might have a shot at subbie, depending if we we need a brawn, shoot on sight or pace policy.

Kerr 'should' get a start ....Murray in midfield would also be an option as we need a pace and a bit of dig in there....lets just stop conceding silly corners  and try and keep the ball away from the keeper...

Kerr 'should' get a start ....Murray in midfield would also be an option as we need a pace and a bit of dig in there....lets just stop conceding silly corners  and try and keep the ball away from the keeper...

We have a keeper ?

We have a keeper ?

The elephant in the Room eh? Is Grant overdue a wee rest?
My biggest gripe (and it's not just him but a lot of keepers these days). When they (keepers) are facing a corner and there's a man standing right on them. Many will set up with the forward between them and another defender instead of the old fashioned positioning of the defender next to the keeper, trying to edge the attacker out of the way. Grant seems to like the attacker next to him but then doesn't seem "robust" enough in his attempts to get to the ball. Grrr!

Do we know how competent McGovern is?

1 hour ago, dee_62 said:

The elephant in the Room eh? Is Grant overdue a wee rest?
My biggest gripe (and it's not just him but a lot of keepers these days). When they (keepers) are facing a corner and there's a man standing right on them. Many will set up with the forward between them and another defender instead of the old fashioned positioning of the defender next to the keeper, trying to edge the attacker out of the way. Grant seems to like the attacker next to him but then doesn't seem "robust" enough in his attempts to get to the ball. Grrr!

Do we know how competent McGovern is?

Not really sure...but the heart is in the mouth at every cross-pass back atm...

1 hour ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Annan were piss in the midweek game . I expect an away win, convincingly

Means sod all in this league.....tough game but if we can sneak it then i expect to be further clear as Arbroath implode in the capital.

I'm going for a 3-1 victory for Forfar.
Teams starting to play well together, seem to be scoring a lot in these recent weeks!
Defensively still shaky, which is why I can't see us keeping a clean sheet!

Forfar win and btts on coupon every week

I'm going for a 3-1 victory for Forfar.
Teams starting to play well together, seem to be scoring a lot in these recent weeks!
Defensively still shaky, which is why I can't see us keeping a clean sheet!

Less shakey with Malcom out i reckon.

On 1/3/2017 at 20:12, dee_62 said:

Well, the Forfar Juggernaut, fresh from its successful jaunt up and down the A96 is set to head south this weekend to Annan.

Provided there are no injuries reported this week, Father TOB should be straight back in to replace Malcs and I reckon the management team are still trying to break Travis in gently, so Munro will retain his place.

Midfield played well at Elgin but I'm not sure when McCawl's loan spell ends. If Milne is fit, he may get back into the starting XI. The only other possible change would be Lister in for Peters. GB seems to favour Jim and, after a couple of blanks from Josh, there may be a change up front. However we go, I'll be happy. Team seem to have a great spirit at the moment with the fairly settled side able to come back from behind in the last few games.

3 Loons to make the trek south, pies to sell out early, 50/50 £275. 4-3 Forfar win with a last minute winner...wait...have we done that one yet? :)

:lol: :lol:.   We hear the supporters bus has been cancelled .  The reason being it was too short notice. 

FTFY by the way 8)

:lol: :lol:.   We hear the supporters bus has been cancelled .  The reason being it was too short notice. 

FTFY by the way 8)

Holy f**k! A Brechin fan trying to have a pop about travelling support. Think I may have seen it all now. Do you boys even know what a supporters bus is?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Archived