Namedropping thread

15 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I stood Nicola up the other week. Just remembered I once sat next to Arthur Numan on a flight from Edinburgh to London. He was a right boring b*****d.

I once saw Arthur Numan in the Hamilton  Woolworths , think it was around the Pick n Mix section.

John Inverdale has bought me a pint. Rab C Nesbit has called me a c**t.  Jamie Murray has served me food. Obi wan kenobi has poured me a pint. Had a conversation about cars with the Hoff.

Best one was having an argument with Don McVicar, he was being a drunken arsehole, then watching the doorman knock him out :lol:. Then Colin McGlashen struggling to carry him away.

Sat one seat back on an Air Canada flight from Canadian General Romeo Dallaire who inspired the Nick Nolte character in the film Hotel Rwanda when I was reading his autobigraphy to kill time, which seemed like an amazing coincidence at the time. Didn't ask whether he would like to sign it for me and reminisce about his experiences in Kigali.

Have run into George Young, Willie Ormond, Bob Valentine, Jim McLean, Bobby Russell, Paul Sturrock, Richard Gough, Graham Mitchell (Hamilton Accies and Hibs) and Alan Mackin (Motherwell and Falkirk) in normal day to day life. Have played (badly) against at least three former Polish first division players and two Canadian U-23 internationals in amateur level games in Canada.

Met the Proclaimers before they were famous although the conversation tended to be stuff like "Naw he's Craig, ah'm Charlie".

• 4 weeks later...
Mad Alfie fae lochee loads of times. Famous as fuk

Oor local was an auld drunk called Gordon Grant. Absolutely pished out his skull every day. Harmless wee guy though and clearly never had the best upbringing as all his family appeared to be alcys.

As a kid I saw him dancing on top of a wall in the town centre pished out his head and on another occasion he was eating a seagull. At the time I found it hilarious but it's actually pretty sad. The eating of a seagull was some effort though.

He died choking on him own vomit a few years back.

Scottish female singer i was in love with in my teens, had to deal neutrally with her complaint about something she and her expert associate were wrong about.

Still grudgingly listen to her songs but i don't love her anymore. she's a c**t.

20 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

Scottish female singer i was in love with in my teens, had to deal neutrally with her complaint about something she and her expert associate were wrong about.

Still grudgingly listen to her songs but i don't love her anymore. she's a c**t.

Tell us more about this, plz.

23 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

image.jpg