Broomhill

bpek

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Confirmed that they will play out of Dumbarton’s stadium for the next 5 years.  

Optimistic to think they will still be on the go in 5 years? I suppose they have survived this long with two name changes and multiple relocations...

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

How will it work for who gets first shout on the ground when Dumbarton get relegated next season?

The primary tenants get priority surely, same as this season when they were secondary tenants to Cumbernauld Colts...

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Optimistic to think they will still be on the go in 5 years? I suppose they have survived this long with two name changes and multiple relocations...

Yeah, it does seem it will be a struggle, crowds will be back to next to nothing I imagine.

Coming round to the idea that these nomadic clubs should have so long to secure a permanent ground of their own, or goodbye.  A decent period of time, but if they can’t find somewhere in say, 10 years, they’re not really a club anymore just a shell.

11 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, it does seem it will be a struggle, crowds will be back to next to nothing I imagine.

Coming round to the idea that these nomadic clubs should have so long to secure a permanent ground of their own, or goodbye.  A decent period of time, but if they can’t find somewhere in say, 10 years, they’re not really a club anymore just a shell.

It all seems a bit pointless in their case. BSC Glasgow, Broomhill, Open Goal Broomhill, back to Broomhill. Maryhill, Alloa, Cumbernauld and now Dumbarton. They have no roots or identity at all. I'm not sure why they bother. 

They, can change their name to FC Bonhill now they have flitted to the rock. If they are relegated can the West no refuse them entry. We don't want them.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I hope Dumbarton got a big deposit because Broomhill will be lucky to last 5 months never mind 5 years.

Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

They, can change their name to FC Bonhill now they have flitted to the rock. If they are relegated can the West no refuse them entry. We don't want them.

Just like Broomhill, Bonhill isn't in Dumbarton.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Fingers crossed.

Just like Broomhill, Bonhill isn't in Dumbarton.

Fits their profile perfectly. They never play where they are named for.😉😉

This nomadic existence should be against the rules of licencing. They are seriously taking the piss now.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Dave Moyes' brother is usually the name being bandied about in the past.

Jake and Kenneth Moyes are both listed as resigned directors if that means anything.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC535003/officers

On 30/05/2023 at 18:11, Cowdenleith said:

How do you define permanent?