DUFC v QOTS

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really - an inspection is called because the pitch is unplayable in the first time. You then factor in can it thaw out in about two hours even with so called heating system.

DUFC have tagged it precautionary which infers that it should be 80:20 the other way but when I phoned the ground the vibes weren't great. Hope it is on but We shall see

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The reality is that if the pitch was unplayable at say 9.30 this morning match should have been postponed.

Clearly the pitch was totally unplayable at 9.30 this morning and the home club are gambling that a combination of heating and sunlight will thaw it out in the intervening period. The word precautionary infers that it willing pass the inspection but from speaking to the club earlier it appears that it is very much in the balance.

Home clubs continue to do this season after season ( we have been guilty of this as well) and it is ridiculous that it continues to happen and the travelling supporter is treated as a complete afterthought.

13 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I would guess probability - 80% off 20% on

^^^ITK

What do you think the score will be?

Just now, Rjc-1988 said:

Not really - an inspection is called because the pitch is unplayable in the first time. You then factor in can it thaw out in about two hours even with so called heating system.

DUFC have tagged it precautionary which infers that it should be 80:20 the other way but when I phoned the ground the vibes weren't great. Hope it is on but We shall see

Who answered the phone? I haven't called in a while but it used to be Sean Dillon, who was then replaced by Ryan McGowan. 

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Stop pulling, man, you're going to start bringing out your intestines.

Archived