Any St Mirren team news? Have you guys got many injury concerns or are you expecting a full squad for Jack Ross to choose from?

According to AJ, the only player we have missing is Ben Richards-Everton who is out long term after his knee operation while Callum Morris comes into the equation for the first time since re-signing after his release by Aberdeen. 

I would suspect we will be unchanged in the Starting XI with Morris likely to come on to the bench but I'm not sure who for. It'll be one of Paton, Cardle, Reilly or El Alagui who will drop out (if Morris does indeed get brought into the 18 man matchday squad), I would guess as there's enough cover there while, IMO, Lewis Martin is a valuable asset on the bench as he can cover the whole of the backline. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pitch might be in playable conditions with the USH but, as others have said, the first people to call this game off would be eh polis for 'safety reasons.'

Ricky-Gervais.gif&key=7c541ec6c4da0e37da6c11270cb630d2960d42031a63e969e75eca3955dd548f
Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif&key=d870dec84db9225a61c7bcca86e79fc78fdde1124c22a6f50bc4f213728629ea
4r9a54.gif~c200&key=bc1995265d2ee6dec54dabe5cfe560345f8bb8f7851a922266006d55471eba33
robert-deniro-laughing.gif&key=b8d4a1e71790b79e3d56b394d610a272306d27239c0aa60eaa73e751c11228a9
tumblr_lfnhsyEcKf1qctj37.gif~c200&key=fd193e6e1b5a52c03d008ecaed0a491642d8744c36669c6d8f5f543087c7e4f0

You couldn't afford the oil to heat the USH rendering it useless.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Tomorrow`s_game_against_St_Mirren&ID=9747

Confirmation that our USH has been on since yesterday. Club don't feel any threat to the game unless weather worsens overnight, I don't think that's expected.

Zen Archer being utterly wrong yet again, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

37 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Any St Mirren team news? Have you guys got many injury concerns or are you expecting a full squad for Jack Ross to choose from?

According to AJ, the only player we have missing is Ben Richards-Everton who is out long term after his knee operation while Callum Morris comes into the equation for the first time since re-signing after his release by Aberdeen. 

I would suspect we will be unchanged in the Starting XI with Morris likely to come on to the bench but I'm not sure who for. It'll be one of Paton, Cardle, Reilly or El Alagui who will drop out (if Morris does indeed get brought into the 18 man matchday squad), I would guess as there's enough cover there while, IMO, Lewis Martin is a valuable asset on the bench as he can cover the whole of the backline. 

Ben Gordon is out long term injured, other than that all the first team squad is fit to play.

Storie, Fjelde and Loy will all come into the squad and I expect 2 if not all 3 will start.

19 minutes ago, Div said:

Ben Gordon is out long term injured, other than that all the first team squad is fit to play.

Storie, Fjelde and Loy will all come into the squad and I expect 2 if not all 3 will start.

I hope all three start and it knackers the balance of your team. Then I hope you can string it together for a few week before falling apart again, maybe around the 11th of March would do nicely thanks :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, P475 said:

I hope all three start and it knackers the balance of your team. Then I hope you can string it together for a few week before falling apart again, maybe around the 11th of March would do nicely thanks :thumsup2

I can assure you these guys have got to be an improvement to the squad on what we had. Loy also gives us a chance to play two up front now that we have two strikers and Sutton doesn't have to do it all on his own.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I can assure you these guys have got to be an improvement to the squad on what we had. Loy also gives us a chance to play two up front now that we have two strikers and Sutton doesn't have to do it all on his own.

To be honest that is a worry. Sutton getting help, and getting help form a decent striker like Loy could prove to be a bit of a handful for our defence. 

This is could be quite a high scoring game, but we'll score the decider 8)

Just now, P475 said:

To be honest that is a worry. Sutton getting help, and getting help form a decent striker like Loy could prove to be a bit of a handful for our defence. 

This is could be quite a high scoring game, but we'll score the decider 8)

We were excited (with some BIG caveats) at the start of the season with the squad we had but that proved to be unfounded and we realised Rae could not pick his nose. However the U20s that Ross has brought in have been a revelation and Ross has now binned 4 players who simply did not perform for us and were not first team picks. I reckon at least 3 out of the 4 that Jack has brought in so far could all go straight into the team. Whether they will perform as hoped and whether it is enough time will tell. But I have more faith in Ross's ability to select a player than I ever had with Rae.

Aye, Loy is decent at this level although I'm not sure Todd and the Scandinavian lad will be big improvements - Todd didn't impress here on trial and being released by Dumbarton is hardly a ringing endorsement (albeit Stevenson seemed to do well enough for Rovers before going off injured) and a new guy coming in from the second league in Norway (?) you'd think will need a wee bit of time to adapt to a new team, League, etc.

In the previous game at EEP I thought St Mirren were ok in possession and horrible at the back, and we were also just ok in possession but only slightly less horrible at the back. Since then our forward play has improved, the midfield had improved immeasurably and we've just kept two clean sheets away from home, so unless St Mirren have really improved markedly since that game we should see them off even though they've signed a few new guys.

Cue an away win and Todd to score the winner and the new foreign lad to clear one off the line at the other end. 

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, Loy is decent at this level although I'm not sure Todd and the Scandinavian lad will be big improvements - Todd didn't impress here on trial and being released by Dumbarton is hardly a ringing endorsement (albeit Stevenson seemed to do well enough for Rovers before going off injured) and a new guy coming in from the second league in Norway (?) you'd think will need a wee bit of time to adapt to a new team, League, etc.

In the previous game at EEP I thought St Mirren were ok in possession and horrible at the back, and we were also just ok in possession but only slightly less horrible at the back. Since then our forward play has improved, the midfield had improved immeasurably and we've just kept two clean sheets away from home, so unless St Mirren have really improved markedly since that game we should see them off even though they've signed a few new guys.

Cue an away win and Todd to score the winner and the new foreign lad to clear one off the line at the other end. 

Todd wasn't released - he has played in all Dumbarton games since he joined them (well 22 anyway) - he was on an amateur contract and they are letting him go so he can earn a full-time wage. Craig Storie from Aberdeen has a reputation as a solid defensive midfielder who likes to tackle and charge up and down the park although he has only played twice for Aberdeen this season. The Norwegian guy is an unknown quantity but Loy looks a solid signing.

If you were not at the game in Paisley then you will not have seen McAllister and Magennis - two of the U20's who have been excellent since getting into the team although Magennis has been carrying a knock the last couple of games so may not start tomorrow. We have improved football wise but still have a shit defence and can't score.

The Pars are on a good run and it will be difficult. Certainly form points to a Home win but our squad is now a lot better today than it was this time last week if for no other reason we have got rid of some players.

20 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Todd wasn't released - he has played in all Dumbarton games since he joined them (well 22 anyway) - he was on an amateur contract and they are letting him go so he can earn a full-time wage.

Why did Dumbarton pay compo if it was an amateur deal? 

Pars have to maintain momentum to get that all important distance between us and the relegation zone before we hit another poor patch (that will happen).

I've no beef with the Saints but I want to see us batter them tomorrow. 3-1

Archived