Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
We have so many players selected in last squad not getting game time or injured  will be interesting to see what the stubborn wee shite selects. His back is against the wall result wise so picking in form players playing regular is the way to go,  the fact he already does not do that is probably the reason his results have been shite

All the above is correct, however strachan allows his favourites to see playing for Scotland as a chance to build up fitness get some game time etc. Just like a pre season really, this is a huge factor in why we are so bad

18 hours ago, AMMjag said:

With some of the names being touted to replace our creaking has beens in goals, the time has surely come to forge some kind of documentation declaring Tam Cerny's availability. Head and shoulders above the lot.

Husnae played for the Czech's yet... :whistle

In all seriousness I'd give Liam Lindsay a look.  He's not international class, certainly, but we should really be trying new things in that position given how dreadful our "best" options are.  The chance of him blootering one in from a corner outweighs any negatives obviously.

Guest DAVIDB69

The friendly will be used for those not getting much time at club level i.e. most of them to build up match fitness.

So most of the many time failures will play

Strachan to beg Sam Gallagher to join next Scotland squad:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gordon-strachan

Good player, but not sure about this one tbh. Fact he's explicitly turned his back on Scotland tarnishes the whole prospect.

ETA: didn't realise his dad was Glaswegian - thought the link was more tenuous than that.

Strachan to beg Sam Gallagher to join next Scotland squad:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gordon-strachan

Good player, but not sure about this one tbh. Fact he's explicitly turned his back on Scotland tarnishes the whole prospect.

ETA: didn't realise his dad was Glaswegian - thought the link was more tenuous than that.

I was gutted when Gallagher and Matt Targett changed to play for England as thought they had great potential. I was in two minds as well however l think if he wants to play he should be in the squad as he's the kind of player we need. We really need as many good forwards coming through as possible and with Gallagher Burke McBurnie Atchison all 21 or under I feel confident a couple will come through to be good international players. Ps where have all the Jordan Rhodes fans gone who think he will revolutionise our front line ? 1 goal in 6 games and a number of poor performances!!!

Let's be honest our forward situation is dire just now. Martin now on bench, Griffiths on bench, McCormack on bench Rhodes of form, Naismith on bench most weeks, Burke good but not played much as central striker and on bench, Fletcher on bench, watt in league one and on the bench....... no wonder strachan looking at other options.

I was gutted when Gallagher and Matt Targett changed to play for England as thought they had great potential. I was in two minds as well however l think if he wants to play he should be in the squad as he's the kind of player we need. We really need as many good forwards coming through as possible and with Gallagher Burke McBurnie Atchison all 21 or under I feel confident a couple will come through to be good international players. Ps where have all the Jordan Rhodes fans gone who think he will revolutionise our front line ? 1 goal in 6 games and a number of poor performances!!!

I'm a Rhodes fan but there's not been much to shout about really. Quiet start at Wednesday (and they play 442, though seemingly a very cautious version of it with little in the way of crosses etc).
You're right about our striking options - all hugely underwhelming. Perhaps a false 9 would be best. And as fir a more conventional 9 like Gallagher or Miller - can't really argue with trying these options. We're desperate.

Can't have players going back and forth on national teams. He's changed his mind once. That's plenty.

Other countries like France Brazil Germany Netherlands and Portugal take advantage of this all the time so no reason we shouldn't. As long as he is 100 per cent committed I don't have a problem with it. Remember he's only 21 to.

No they don't. They don't pick players for squads, let them go to other countries and then invite them back.

So say karamoka dembele becomes world class decides he wants to play for Scotland you would say no as he represented Scotland then england them scotland again? Who cares what under 21 teams these guys play for you can change your mind up to the point you play a full competitive international game and numerous countries take advantage of this. As long as he's fully committed what's the problem?

Why would someone who plys his trade in the lower reaches of the championship be good enough for international football though

He's 21 has potential to play at Premiership level if he improves. The championship is also unfortunately a higher standard than the SPL at the moment so if we are excluding championship players we may as well exclude everyone that plays in Scotland to........ come to think of it we may struggle to get a squad if that was the case lol

Archived