Scotland squad March

Chuffed with that squad. Everyone I'd expect to be in there is there. Only exception is Liam Lindsay who I thought might be worth a look but apart from that it's fine.
Just checked - 30 names in that squad. Wonder if Strachan's planning a subfest vs Canada?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Just that balloon it would appear.

Kenny Maclean should be in that squad.

lololololololololl @ Balloon... Ok..........Name a Midfielder in the Scotland Squad Jack and McLean are better than and should be selected ahead of excluding Wingers.

I don't think Ryan Jack should be in the squad but he's certainly been a better performer recently so criticism is harsh.

Not really sure what Shinnie and McLean have to do to get a call up tbh.

The National Team can f**k off these days anyway, Strachan and McGhee are bellends. 

Just now, Karl Fletcher said:

I don't think Ryan Jack should be in the squad but he's certainly been a better performer recently so criticism is harsh.

Not really sure what Shinnie and McLean have to do to get a call up tbh.

The National Team can f**k off these days anyway, Strachan and McGhee are bellends. 

This is spades. For the individual players it's gutting but more importantly it just reinforces the message that if you have aspirations to play for your country you can't play for Aberdeen. Pair of c***s.

Fraser, Phillips, Armstrong were the 3 that really needed to be in based on their form this year. Not seen much of Cairney this year but hearing he's playing well. Whether they play is another matter.

Same old names in defence though. Anya or Martin to play RB or will he stick one of RObertson, Tierney or Wallace there?

One thing the squad does confirm is that Phil Bardsley will never play for us again. A right-back playing regularly enough for a good team in the EPL, while we literally don't have a single right-back in the squad.

Would be interesting to know whether that's down to the manager, or the player. Both are monumental bellends, if we're honest.

24 minutes ago, troopio said:

lololololololololl @ Balloon... Ok..........Name a Midfielder in the Scotland Squad Jack and McLean are better than and should be selected ahead of excluding Wingers.

John McGinn.

ETA: I didn't say Jack should be in the squad. Just called you out for not rating him and saying Fyvie is better than him (:lol:).

Just now, Gordopolis said:

I'm raging about the fact Strachan hasn't given us any controversial selections/non-selections to rage about.
Grrr.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have the opportunity for a good seethe when he names the starting XI for Slovenia.

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I'm raging about the fact Strachan hasn't given us any controversial selections/non-selections to rage about.
Grrr.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have the opportunity for a good seethe when he names the starting XI for Slovenia.

Or when all ra selliks drop out because they couldn't give two fucks about Scotland.

13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

That defence :o

Surprised Lindsay didn't get a call up just to improve numbers there. With the age of Martin, Berra and Mulgrew we are going to have to refresh that defence at some point

Agreed.

I was surprised that, given the lack of right backs in the squad, Phil Bardsley was left out.

Bardsley has been playing regularly for Stoke the season due to Johnson's injury problems.

What has Strachan got against him? He must be better than Anya, sitting on Derby's bench most of the time, or a left back playing out of position.

ETA - There are too many midfielders in that squad which makes Bardsley's omission even more baffling.

Archived