Scotland squad March

Is Graeme Shinnie really better than McArthur, Brown, Fletcher or Morrison? (Clue: no)

McGinn plays a slightly different role, is younger and is a better prospect, so I don't think comparing the two of them is a fair comparison at all. If you're giving one of them a shot in a friendly, it should be McGinn every time. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Looks like the strongest squad he could have chosen.

Play martin at right back and mulgrew as a cb.

This^

I've got a gripe with the defence as I think it's mad calling that few players but there's hardly a bunch of defenders stating their case for inclusion.

Guest DAVIDB69
Is Graeme Shinnie really better than McArthur, Brown, Fletcher or Morrison? (Clue: no)

McGinn plays a slightly different role, is younger and is a better prospect, so I don't think comparing the two of them is a fair comparison at all. If you're giving one of them a shot in a friendly, it should be McGinn every time. 

The four named all past it and have never been good enough, however I agree shinnie is nothing special.

I am pleased to see Armstrong and Fraser in the squad two players actually playing club football and in good form. Let's hope they play

Care Factor = Zero

Chesney & Mutley are failed club managers and offer nothing to International football

Scotland have only won against two teams in competitive games in two years against (wait for it)..................

Malta & Gibraltar

Says it all really 

47 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Care Factor = Zero

Chesney & Mutley are failed club managers and offer nothing to International football

Scotland have only won against two teams in competitive games in two years against (wait for it)..................

Malta & Gibraltar

Says it all really 

Two wins against Malta and Gibraltar in the last two years and the same old names get trotted out with every squad announcement. 22 of the 30 man squad based outwith Scotland and 6 of the other 8 at Celtic. I would say that the main problem that this causes, is that when decent players are looking for a move, if they have any ambitions to play for Scotland, they will always move out of Scotland because they will know that this manager will almost certainly never even look at them as part of his squads. Surely part of his job is to promote the game in Scotland, but if he's saying that, unless you are with Celtic, you must move out of Scotland to get into the squad. Anya, Bannan, both Fletchers, Morrison, McArthur, Chris Martin and Ritchie have had numerous chances and should be nowhere near an international squad. No idea about Tom Cairney, but is there no one in Scotland that is as good as him?  If there is, they should be in for showing loyalty to the game in Scotland.

Guest DAVIDB69
Two wins against Malta and Gibraltar in the last two years and the same old names get trotted out with every squad announcement. 22 of the 30 man squad based outwith Scotland and 6 of the other 8 at Celtic. I would say that the main problem that this causes, is that when decent players are looking for a move, if they have any ambitions to play for Scotland, they will always move out of Scotland because they will know that this manager will almost certainly never even look at them as part of his squads. Surely part of his job is to promote the game in Scotland, but if he's saying that, unless you are with Celtic, you must move out of Scotland to get into the squad. Anya, Bannan, both Fletchers, Morrison, McArthur, Chris Martin and Ritchie have had numerous chances and should be nowhere near an international squad. No idea about Tom Cairney, but is there no one in Scotland that is as good as him?  If there is, they should be in for showing loyalty to the game in Scotland.

Agree completely and all those mentioned will be in there usual places

Tom Cairney has been immense for Fulham all season and deserves his shot.

Every national manager will stick to his core players and shite out of kicking them out the team.  I've a feeling it's the beginning of the end for Strachan though especially with Alex Neil out a job now.

26 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

Tom Cairney has been immense for Fulham all season and deserves his shot.

Every national manager will stick to his core players and shite out of kicking them out the team.  I've a feeling it's the beginning of the end for Strachan though especially with Alex Neil out a job now.

Since he's been an abject failure.

Look, I'm pissed off that players who have amply demonstrated their ability and deserve a place don't get a look in if they play for Aberdeen. However, things would be very different if we weren't shite, which we are, and Strachan didn't consistently pick dross like Forrest, Wallace, McKay, Hanley, McGinn and c***s that can't even be bothered like Brown, which he does. Start winning and I'll stop moaning.

Archived