Scotland squad March

Does Oliver Burke get a game for Leipzig? The boy could be their best player and Strachan still wouldn't play him, never mind start him.

No doubt see the two Fletchers and Scott Brown starting even though they're all finished at international level.

Burke has been played. Burke in fact was called into the squad by Strachan long before anyone even knew about him!!! In fact there were people greeting about his inclusion, English born championship players in the squad kin, no enough Scottish born SPFL players I think it was.....

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burke has been played. Burke in fact was called into the squad by Strachan long before anyone even knew about him!!! In fact there were people greeting about his inclusion, English born championship players in the squad kin, no enough Scottish born SPFL players I think it was.....

That's is true, I had no idea who the guy was at all till he randomly appeared in a Scotland squad then was excelling for Forrest.
There's loads of things to slag Strachan off for, the inclusion/non inclusion of Burke isn't one of them. He also plays in a position we're well covered in so isn't guaranteed a start either.
I'm just hoping there's an unheard of defence out there somewhere ready to burst onto the scene.

Burke was born in Kirkcaldy.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

On what planet would Lee Wallace be Aberdeen's best player?

I'm not even convinced that Lee Wallace would Aberdeen's best Left Back.  I think that Graeme Shinnie is just as good, if not better than Wallace.

As for Centre Back, I don't know why Strachan doesn't give a guy like Andy Considine a punt, at least for the Canada friendly.  He's been good this season and the likes of Mulgrew haven't played much at CB.

Why does Wee Strapon keep overlooking Bardsley ? Playing well for Stoke in a decent league. Does he have something against Bardsley ? 4 left backs and no right backs ???

Bardsley has said he no longer wants to be considered.

Hopefully we lose heavily to Canada so Strachan gets fired.

Is it possible to buy tickets for the away end?  I fancy going along in my Hastings - 3 top and cheering for Trudeau's brave moose-hunting Strachan skelpers.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bardsley has said he no longer wants to be considered.

Spoiler

I don't remember him saying that. I doubt if any of our journalists would have the gumption to ask. Same as none of them have  asked about Gallagher and his omission.

Spoiler  
I don't remember him saying that. I doubt if any of our journalists would have the gumption to ask. Same as none of them have  asked about Gallagher and his omission.

That's because he didn't, posted a response to that, he missed out on the squad when he wasn't playing regularly and when he was asked about it he said he didn't care and would rather go on holiday...

Who the f**k is Gallagher? That the young lad that chose to play for England a year or two ago???

Archived