Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Cummings notches again tonight. Don't expect much support for this but it might well be worth having him along for this squad.

I'm undecided about him. There's a touch of the Mo Johnston's about him, but he will need to work very hard on his game and physique to make it to a high level.

Anyone else massively unexcited about the imminent squad announcement?
All our strikers are misfiring and playing or sitting on the bench in second rate leagues, our defence is hilariously poor and the few young hopes (Burke, Gauld and maybe even Harper) really aren't motoring on to a level where we can expect great things from them in these next few games. Hoping something or someone has a stormer in these games to stoke things up again.

On 10/03/2017 at 20:58, Gordopolis said:

Cummings notches again tonight. Don't expect much support for this but it might well be worth having him along for this squad.

This maybe the bitter Jambo in me speaking, but what would he bring to the squad that the Thumb doesn't already?

Squad is out. 

C6ygjRQWoAEwxN4.jpg

Some encouraging signs there, with the likes of Armstrong, Phillips and Fraser coming into the squad. They should all be in consideration for a starting spot. Cairney and Rhodes the other names to come in.

Incredibly though, Strachan has managed to name three left backs, and no right backs. Next time anybody tells you the SFA don't have to appease Rangers, there's a pretty clear answer in place. 

Phillips, Armstrong, Cairney and Fraser were all due call-ups so that's good to see. They should all feature v Canada. Martin or Anya at right back or will he switch one of Robertson and Tierney to their weaker side?

The only issue I agree is the lack of trying someone out at RB and also the reluctance to look at someone else at CB but the question would be, who actually is there to call up?? If it was just the Canada game then Liam Lindsay perhaps would have got the call maybe who knows.

I would like to see him put Robertson or Tierney in at RB as Anya at RB against England was just an awful shout.

I am a Dons Fan, being fair I think the only complaint would be why is in Wallace in the squad with 2 other Left Backs but I do not think that would be an exclusive POV amongst just Aberdeen Fans.......

Ryan Jack is awful anyway and with Midfield being Scotlands arguably strongest position in terms of Depth was never going to happen for Aberdeen Players, Armstrong is the best Scottish Player in Scotland atm, he 1000% deserves to be starting let alone in the squad.

On a Different note, praying that James Forrest is no where near starting either game, he is dire

1 minute ago, troopio said:

I am a Dons Fan, being fair I think the only complaint would be why is in Wallace in the squad with 2 other Left Backs but I do not think that would be an exclusive POV amongst just Aberdeen Fans.......

Ryan Jack is awful anyway and with Midfield being Scotlands arguably strongest position in terms of Depth was never going to happen for Aberdeen Players, Armstrong is the best Scottish Player in Scotland atm, he 1000% deserves to be starting let alone in the squad.

On a Different note, praying that James Forrest is no where near starting either game, he is dire

Dons fans don't rate Jack anymore? 

Archived