Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, skippy2015 said:

Lol that the championship is miles better than the spl in terms of player quality- that's obvious for everyone to see

Not if you watch games.   Its such a poor watch.   

Although 90% of Championship teams would beat SPL sides.   

GORDON (Celtic) MARSHALL (Hull City) McGREGOR (Cardiff City)

BARDSLEY (Stoke City) LOVE {Sunderland) MARTIN (Norwich City) HANLEY (Newcastle Utd) MULGREW (Blackburn Rovers) SOUTTAR (Hearts) ROBERTSON (Hull City) TIERNEY (Celtic)

BROWN (Celtic) D.FLETCHER (West Brom) CAIRNEY (Fulham) McARTHUR (Crystal Palace) MORRISON (West Brom) BURKE (RB Leipzig) SNODGRASS ( West Ham) RITCHIE (Newcastle Utd) PHILLIPS (West Brom) ANYA (Derby County) ARMSTRONG (Celtic) FORREST (Celtic)

NAISMITH (Norwich City) MARTIN (Fulham) GRIFFITHS (Celtic)

Would love to know how many Slovenia tickets they've sold. They seem desperate. I think the crowd will be sub 25k.

Aye 20-odd thousand sounds about right. Difficult to drop the prices now as well, as they'd piss off the season ticket buyers.

They're also touting the game on the hoardings at Ibrox today.

4 hours ago, troopio said:

When will the usual squad of Strachan favorites, failures, has and never was-beens be announced??

I'd imagine it'll be this coming Monday. Weekend fixtures will be the last chance for any fringe players to make their cases.

16 hours ago, come on shire said:

I've not been to many Scotlabd footy games but I was fancying the Slovenia game for a wee night out. Including booking fees etc they want £35 for the cheapest ticket.

I would save your money and watch on the TV, £35 to watch the dross that Strachan and McGhee will have the players serve up? the SFA are taking us all for mugs

Like all Scotland games these days, its not on tv, unless you subscribe to pay per view. Don't even get highlights these days, not that it would be worth watching anyway.

Strachan should have been dismissed a long time ago. As for McGhee, he is beneath contempt.

5 hours ago, troopio said:

I would save your money and watch on the TV, £35 to watch the dross that Strachan and McGhee will have the players serve up? the SFA are taking us all for mugs

I think it's only on Sky Sports so unless you have Sky it's the pub or going.

I know it's a qualifier and Slovenia are a DECENT team but they're no Brazil. Added to that I'm halfway to 60 and last time we got to a finals B*Witched were in the charts, I was still in P7 and a kid born in 1998 is now a school leaver and at uni potentially. Therefore, £35 is a bit much imo.

You get the feeling Mark McGhees's fall from grace this year will be synonymous with Strach's. A coach deemed not goood enough for Motherwell and yet he'll be in the thick of it all come Slovenia. Failed managers, failed coaches, failed qualifiers.

Theres no doubt in my mind WGS will go with the same boys who have failed before. He actually thought we played well against England's despite them winning 3-0 and not getting out of 2nd gear. This is his last throw of the dice and if he goes out he's gonna go out on his terms , with his players.

1 hour ago, paddymcp said:

You get the feeling Mark McGhees's fall from grace this year will be synonymous with Strach's. A coach deemed not goood enough for Motherwell and yet he'll be in the thick of it all come Slovenia. Failed managers, failed coaches, failed qualifiers.

Theres no doubt in my mind WGS will go with the same boys who have failed before. He actually thought we played well against England's despite them winning 3-0 and not getting out of 2nd gear. This is his last throw of the dice and if he goes out he's gonna go out on his terms , with his players.

It's all relative.  I'd say early on in the game, it was the best we'd played in the campaign outside of Malta.  Still largely shite though, the bar was pretty low.

He likely will go with the same players, but whether that's because of the negative "aw-his-faves" or the less negative "because they're largely the best of a bad lot" is down to opinion.

Agree on it being the last throw of his dice though.  I'd like to think that a defeat here would mean they look to change things ahead of the next game in the summer, although I have reservations about getting the new chosen one in so early.  A caretaker in until the end of the campaign would suit me, give them time to properly search out the replacement that will hit the ground running for the next campaign.  

Cummings notches again tonight. Don't expect much support for this but it might well be worth having him along for this squad.

[emoji2]

Surely there's a standard of non cuntishness that must be secured before you become an international player. Leigh Griffiths was just tall enough to go on the ride. Cummings can't even see the line.

[emoji2]

Surely there's a standard of non cuntishness that must be secured before you become an international player. Leigh Griffiths was just tall enough to go on the ride. Cummings can't even see the line.

Maybe we're lacking cuntery?

Ffs - just saw that he got sent off

Archived