Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff today.

We started quite sharply, although Falkirk were probably the better team until we scored. Great stop from the one on one by Gaston. The early goal in the second half looked well offside and I was expecting the flag to go up and saw a lot of stunned faces around me amid the cheering. Having watched it again on periscope Forbes does seem to be in line and there's another defender at the far side behind the keeper. 

Lindsay, Murdoch, Oliver and Nesbitt were brilliant today (I fucking love Gary Oliver), with Nesbitt my MotM. Don't know what hospitality were smoking giving it to Forbes - maybe the same stuff you always get a whiff of around 3.15 in the Cowshed. A guy behind me described Nesbitt as something along the lines of "fuckin' shite, that boy" after one over-hit pass - not a peep out of him during the second half.

Sibbald aside, Falkirk were a disappointment. 

Clyde or Stirling at home please.

Just now, GiGi said:

Forbes was comfortably the best player on the park so maybe it's you that was on the dodgy narcotics.

Most of the folk around me were very surprised not to hear Nesbitt or Oliver's name.

34 minutes ago, thefatgoalie said:

Really impressed by lindsay and murdoch today, nisbetts work rate is outstanding. Falkirk were disappointing, looked more interested in lumping the ball to miller and playing for second balls which suited morton.

Not sure about forbes goal, looked offside from angle i was sitting at, but will take them breaks if he was offside.

Word on greg aitken, he was bloody awful today for both teams.

FFS mate, there was nothing for the ref to do !!!!  no big decisions and you hardly noticed we even had a ref.

Poor cup tie but best team won .   

it appears to me like a "who cares about he cup" team

I felt the same as you.
The BOD would not be happy with this approach and another thing, were simply not good enough to think this way. A good cup run may have been the only chance we have this season of any happiness because the expectation of a play off place is disappearing fast in front of our eyes. It's time for change.

TIME IS UP HOUSTIE, PLEASE DO THE DECENT THING, THIS FOR ME WAS THE FINAL STRAW. YOU'VE HAD YOUR CHANCE!

Genuine question, has Houston fallen out with Leahy? To bring on Baird wide instead of him was laughable, he's a f*ckin good wide player. I could've told you before kick off we'd be a shambles at the back, Cracks and Watson has never worked. This was a clear sign of what will come in the first playoff match (if by some miracle we finish 4th). I'd be inclined to offer all our cloggers for free this window and fill the gaps with youngsters. Guys like Blues and O'Hara would have to be partially blind to be worse than Kerr, Mchugh, Craigen and Baird were today. Save some money on wages, probably avoid relegation then get a decent boss in next season who can sign good players.

I said Houston rolled the dice with the selection and it didn't come up. Probably marginally better till Morton scored but they ran over the top of us 2nd half.

Kerr, McCracken, Miller and Baird done
Watson, Muirhead and Craigen not good enough

Houston moans about no right midfield all season. signs one then plays him in a three behind a 33 year old striker. Couldn't make it up.

Morton very good 2nd half. Forbes, Nesbitt and Oliver superb.

Houston has lost the plot

3 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

blatantly obvious we have a bigger budget than you so relax you absolute cretin

Aye blatantly obvious your out of the cup and below is in the league thats all thats blatantly obvious here.

Now please girfuy.

3 hours ago, distresseduke said:

Losing to a team with less than half our support ...Lack of investment by the board..Won't be renewing my season ticket if Houston isn't gone

What does our support size have to do with falkirk being an utter gubbins of a team.

Nobody gives a f**k if you renew your season ticket.

Now girfuy.

Archived