Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton were 2nd best for much of that half I think. Really.well worked goal though. Gaston with a great save from what should have been a sitter for Falkirk.

I think if Morton improve we can see this out. But Falkirk have been more imposing so far so unless that changes this could be reversed.

James Craigen is absolutely shite.

He missed one decent chance at the start blazing over but his sitter when put through one on one was unforgivable instead of just slotting it away he took a shite touch and hit it against the keeper. Then to top it off his 2 attempts to cross from the right in the last few minutes were laughable.

Anyway rant over. We've competed a lot better than I thought we would and probably a bit harsh to be behind but our defending yet again was shite. Gallacher completely caught out at the back post leaving Forbes a free header back across goal and McCracken nowhere again.

I'd looking at getting Leahy and McHugh on at half time. Forbes is just bullying Gallacher today.

How are we looking?

How is #Airdy playing?

Been really impressed with Aird so far. He looks very positive and direct, not afraid to run at and commit players. Exactly the sort of thing we've been missing on the right.

Russell missed a sitter early on in the half. Falkirk have been the better team so far, they missed a one on one, great save from Gaston. Apart from that we've restricted them to long shots outside the box. Great play for the goal and another assist for Forbiniho.

Just now, Russ said:

James Craigen is absolutely shite.

He missed one decent chance at the start blazing over but his sitter when put through one on one was unforgivable instead of just slotting it away he took a shite touch and hit it against the keeper. Then to top it off his 2 attempts to cross from the right in the last few minutes were laughable.

Anyway rant over. We've competed a lot better than I thought we would and probably a bit harsh to be behind but our defending yet again was shite. Gallacher completely caught out at the back post leaving Forbes a free header back across goal and McCracken nowhere again.

I'd looking at getting Leahy and McHugh on at half time. Forbes is just bullying Gallacher today.

Houston's still starting him to try and show he's not been a totally awful signing. The guy is complete dug meat and should be being told to find another club now.

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Out on the pitch just now

Thomson
Grant
Gaspo
Baird
Leahy
McHugh
Baird
Kidd

Pretty impressive half time line up...maybe we have too many players at our club

At least one too many Bairds anyway 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Utter shambles. Crap signings=crap team. His selection today takes the biscuit. Getting beat in league and cup by Duffy whose working on a shoestring compared to Houston. Times up.

Agreed, getting sick of hearing about the cup run or the play offs as an excuse, utter pish since day 1 this season

Agreed, getting sick of hearing about the cup run or the play offs as an excuse, utter pish since day 1 this season

You lot don't look that bad really, just lacking a cutting edge. You've come up against a vastly superior side, that's all.

Archived