Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Losing to a team with less than half our support ...Lack of investment by the board..Won't be renewing my season ticket if Houston isn't gone

Really? Not sure support base or lack of investment is the biggest issue. You have comfortably a bigger budget than Morton, and subsequently bigger squad -but have obviously not used it correctly. The blame would then surely lie with Houston and whoever else recruits players. You'll know a lot better than me obviously, but just giving my two cents. 

12 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Losing to a team with less than half our support ...Lack of investment by the board..Won't be renewing my season ticket if Houston isn't gone

1428418639-d2436d6c6a8200a35d65ab4efa46a

The previous games this season there's been nothing in it so God knows why Houston decides to make so many changes that we end up getting beat so easily. A full strength 11 would at least have given us a chance of taking the game back to falkirk. The team he picked gave us absolutely no chance.

Superb second half from us. The first goal was huge, and it wouldn't have been too unfair had it been Falkirk that had gotten it, but we never really looked back from then on. Also worth mentioning that the goal completely sums up what Jamie Lindsay brings to us, chases down absolutely everything - he's having a cracking season.

As others have said, quite a few would have been appropriate for MOTM today. Oliver and Forbes are massive players for us, and thought that was Nesbitt's best performance in a Morton jersey. Lamie also really seemed to improve as the game went on.

Like Raith last week, Falkirk didn't really look like the same side as last season - thought there was an awful tendency to punt the ball towards Miller, and surprised, based on his performances for us last season, that Luca can't displace one of the centre halves.

37 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

If only Morton had more fans at the game we might have scored a few more. 

Fair play to Morton. Duffy deserves credit after the abuse he was getting last year and at the start of true season by some of the Morton fans.

Absolutely and we probably should have been more patient after the slow start last season. He's done an incredible job. This season in particular.

Mor10 2 Sibbald 0

f**k off Houston. Finally signs a right midfielder and then plays him on the left in the second half.

He was presumably playing on the left to simply cut in and launch crosses straight into the box. It was probably Falkirk's best strategy to get back in the game as our defence struggles a little against direct tactics. Against a tippy-tappy, passing approach Duffy has this side very well drilled; it can easily absorb pressure and then win the ball back.

Really impressed by lindsay and murdoch today, nisbetts work rate is outstanding. Falkirk were disappointing, looked more interested in lumping the ball to miller and playing for second balls which suited morton.

Not sure about forbes goal, looked offside from angle i was sitting at, but will take them breaks if he was offside.

Word on greg aitken, he was bloody awful today for both teams.

Let's not mention support. For a team with a large home support your travelling support is pitiful. I'd guess about 250 today.

Archived