Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfortable win in the end. Falkirk offered nothing in that second half at all. Got to echo what others said Sibbald was excellent today but no one around him was helping him out.

Excellent shift from us in the second half after scoring against the run of play in the first. Oliver, Nesbitt, Lindsay & Forbiniho were excellent.

Also, not arrogant; just better.

Wonderful 2nd half performance front to back from a hungry Morton team. Falkirk were a shambles in defence and we should have put a really comprehensive score past them.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well what have u got to moan at me for. I was complimenting your manager and slagging ours and you seemed to get all hot and bothered about it for some reason.

You keep biting but thanks for the tie today.

We didn't really merit going in front when we did, but after that goal we were terrific. McCracken was absolutely tormented by Oliver and Nesbitt. Obviously quality on the ball is important too but Nesbitt's work rate was unbelievable: played the 'Quitongo role' to perfection by hounding the centre backs into giving the ball away. Lots of clever play to win set pieces, which allowed Forbes to just bombard the six yard goal for minutes at a time when two goals up. A really good win in the end.

That second half performance was pathetic. We offered absolutely nothing as yet again Houston has no idea how to make a substitution or change his tactics. Taking off Hippolyte to first play Baird wide left then McHugh when we've got Kidd and Leahy on the bench was just the latest in the long line of dreadful decisions by Houston.

Before I go into more detail about our shiteness it would unfair not to praise Morton who absolutely bodied us in the second half and we're just ripping the pish the last 20 minutes. Kilday and O'Ware strolled it, I agreed with Forbes being MoM as I said at half time he continued to dominate Gallacher, we couldn't cope with the legs of Lindsay and Murdoch in the middle of the park and Nesbitt certainly did put a great shift in certainly put our strikers to shame.

Hopefully that will end up being Craigens last game for us and that should put to bed the shouts for him to start. He's utter shite and should be offloaded at the first opportunity.

Mark Kerr is done. His legs have gone, his passing ability is going and positional sense is awful. He gives the defence no protection whatsoever yet he starts every fucking game. That was Tony Gallachers worst game since he came into the team by a distance he was woeful and I've no idea what he was doing for the second goal. Standing still with the ball in the 6 yard box instead of clearing it. McCracken carried on where he finished last week another Houston masterclass to play him ahead of Peter Grant. Then finally we've got John Baird who after finally getting dropped came on today, offered nothing and missed an absolute sitter. Shite.

Houston get yourself to f**k. Time is well and truly up.

Surprisingly easy that. Falkirk looked damgerous in shades but really didn't do anything to trouble Kilday & O'Ware. They have some talented players but don't seem to have a system that suits any of them. 

Bring on a diddy in the next round.

Was a good game to watch. Falkirk dominated most of the 1st half without actually troubling Gaston.  Morton came into it in the final 15 minutes and started to show a bit of form.

2nd half Morton were dominant from the kick off. Forbes was immense today and thoroughly deserved his MotM, closely followed by Nesbitt   who had his best game for Morton today.

No failures and some great performances also by Doyle, Lindsay Murdoch and Oliver. 

Brilliant performance in the end up and I'll take anyone at Cappielow right now!  

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Surprisingly easy that. Falkirk looked damgerous in shades but really didn't do anything to trouble Kilday & O'Ware. They have some talented players but don't seem to have a system that suits any of them. 

Bring on a diddy in the next round.

Sent Murn?

Archived