Arbroath vs Annan Athletic

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both pens were saved. The 4-3's, hows that luck? You're allowed to score at any point in the game are you not? The winner at Annan OK i'll give you that.

Everything just seems to be coming off for you. When I seen City had that penalty today I was actually waiting on them missing it. It's not a bad thing and I'm not saying it's undeserved or anything, just the things that seem to happen to championship winning teams.

Hopefully some bad luck falls upon Emmerdale soon.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Also had a lot of breaks. Chances of 2 teams missing 2 penalties 2 weeks in a row against you? The winning goal against Annan, the 4-3's. All just in the last 2 month. You do make your own luck to a certain extent but the title looks destined to be going to Station Park if this continues.

2 shit decisions by the referee at 0-0 and 1-0 versus you guys and both resulted in goals, hitting the post in the dying minutes last week, soft penalty decision against Annan, breaks go against us too.

Can't be upset after that. Our goal was one of the best moves and finishes seen at Gayfield for a while.

A brilliant display by the Annan keeper who also got lucky more than once with his positioning. Overall great play throughout the team. I really enjoyed that despite the score. Unfair to single out Sukar for the back pass. We have to defend corners better. Last week we nearly conceded twice to headers from corners.

Annan packed their defence and surrendered the midfield and played on the break. In the end they got the breaks, and the points. It's goals that count but It must be brutal to watch that every week.

What decisions?

2 corners on the trot, both were goal kicks, you scored your first from the second corner.

2nd goal came from a free kick on your right after our player was taken out.  Sending off was a bit dubious too, given the new double jeopardy rule.

Thems the breaks.

i have been a major critic of sukar and todays performance from him totally justifies it never mind the pass back that led the corner and their goal. his distribution when under no pressure is shocking. we have a major problem at lb and surely dc must see this

2 corners on the trot, both were goal kicks, you scored your first from the second corner.
2nd goal came from a free kick on your right after our player was taken out.  Sending off was a bit dubious too, given the new double jeopardy rule.
Thems the breaks.

Unfortunately our highlights don't show the free kick award for the second but nobody complained at the time did they? The highlights do show the corners and you're correct, 1st one, which we never scored from went out for a GK, we got another corner, that then got headed behind a Forfar player for another correct corner and we scored from that one. The sending off after a deliberate push was fully deserved.

We also missed 2 penalties against you that game too by the way, is Adam just some sort of psychic? :lol:

Like I said, it's not a bad thing and it's the sign of a league winning team. I just wish it would stop happening, See and Dickson smash they penalties in like they really should, Annan don't somehow score the most ridiculous own goal in the world then how different it could look just now.

Unfortunately our highlights don't show the free kick award for the second but nobody complained at the time did they? The highlights do show the corners and you're correct, 1st one, which we never scored from went out for a GK, we got another corner, that then got headed behind a Forfar player for another correct corner and we scored from that one. The sending off after a deliberate push was fully deserved.

We also missed 2 penalties against you that game too by the way, is Adam just some sort of psychic? :lol:

Like I said, it's not a bad thing and it's the sign of a league winning team. I just wish it would stop happening, See and Dickson smash they penalties in like they really should, Annan don't somehow score the most ridiculous own goal in the world then how different it could look just now.

I get where your coming from , shoe on the other foot id be fucked off too. More to the point , tutties in 2 weeks???

Do you ever shut up?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye, there were a couple of players querying the free kick.

Without looking back at the highlights again, I'm pretty sure the second corner also had Forfar players complaining, might be wrong though.  Will have to agree to disagree on the red card, clumsy falling-into, rather than a deliberate push imo.

Last sentence is just plainly ridiculous; Montrose keeper pulls off a worldy from Lister in the last minute, you guys score an extra time winner, the ball rebounds off the post straight to a Stirling player, how different it could look just now.  Games are full of "what ifs", the better teams generally get the rub of the green because they create more "what ifs" than the poorer teams.

1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

One of those days for us. 17 corners to 1 and Annan scored from theirs. I didn't the Ferns goalie thing was a penalty, though it looks like I'm in the minority

I agree. I was well placed as I went for my cuppie. It looked a 50/50 challenge. A pen would have been harsh.

40 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

I'd sooner be in the position we are in now compared to this time last year. F**k sake we could have ended up out the league. Of course winning the title this season would be great but I'd still take promotion via the playoffs.

have you done graph to show how and when it all went wrong :thumsup2

Can't be upset after that. Our goal was one of the best moves and finishes seen at Gayfield for a while.
A brilliant display by the Annan keeper who also got lucky more than once with his positioning. Overall great play throughout the team. I really enjoyed that despite the score. Unfair to single out Sukar for the back pass. We have to defend corners better. Last week we nearly conceded twice to headers from corners.
Annan packed their defence and surrendered the midfield and played on the break. In the end they got the breaks, and the points. It's goals that count but It must be brutal to watch that every week.

As an Annan fan I can safely say our season would be truly awful without Blair Currie in goal! He's been brilliant all season.

Just seen Jim Chapman's post match interview and am wondering what is wrong with the man! His team got 3 points today that they did not deserve at all, yet he is going on about being angry and Annan get no help from anyone! He is ranting like Annan were robbed of 3 points instead of being gifted them. I can't quite see what his grievance is. Annan had 2 attempts on goal and scored both. Their keeper played an absolute blinder and kept out at least 6 goal bound efforts and if the Arbroath players had placed their shots/headers better they would have gone in. But Chapman is nearly greeting that poor old Annan are hard done by and the rest of the league are conspiring against them. FFS Man get a grip and be grateful for the very, very lucky win you got today.

Archived