TV Deal negotiations

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally it's a bit of a nightmare to get to Friday night games especially as a club volunteer. I'm meant to finish work at 6 so any midweek games (Monday to Friday) normally end up with me taking time off work.
I'm also involved with the BB in Perth on a Friday night so I think I've personally watched 1 or 2 Friday night games over the years and that's only because I've been at them with Saints.
I'd just rather see football on a non working day but appreciate many do work on a Saturday or Sunday and would like Friday night football.

Friday night is the one slot where the Premiership is the top game on TV, there's occasionally EFL Championship games on but who cares about them. BT's optimisation of the Friday Night Slot, with a magazine/preview show is top notch.

Without a doubt Friday Night should be a set-slot for a new TV Deal.

Personally, I reckon a Sunday 6pm slot should also be a set-slot as it doesn't clash with any English Games. Obviously, there are some cons to it though.

The odd Friday night game is fantastic providing the away team isn't having to travel too far. Our games against St Mirren (remember them?) were perfect for them. But asking Aberdeen to travel to Glasgow and suchlike is ridiculous.

I see someone suggested 6pm on a Sunday for one of our TV slots - that's a vile time for a football match.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

The odd Friday night game is fantastic providing the away team isn't having to travel too far. Our games against St Mirren (remember them?) were perfect for them. But asking Aberdeen to travel to Glasgow and suchlike is ridiculous.

I see someone suggested 6pm on a Sunday for one of our TV slots - that's a vile time for a football match.

Agreed Friday is good but only for reasonable journeys.  Highland Derby, Lanarkshire derby, Aberdeen-Dundee all good Friday night offerings.

Partick away was silly, Saturday 3pm games at Partick usually get a decent crowd too.

8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

This thread is great. 

Agreed. Had a good laugh reading over the TV show ideas.

The Missing - 

Part 1 - a look into the actions of the Rangers fans after their club went into Administration

Part 2 - a continual loop of Chris Iwelumo against Norway in 2008

Part 3 - an analysis of Scottish Football while Rangers were away from the top flight.  Despite the threat of Armageddon the league survives somehow. 

Part 4 - a celebration of one of Scotland's best performances in the last 25 years. Estonia v Scotland where we managed to keep 100% possession.

Homes Under The Hammer- Jorg Albertz tours Scotland trying to knock down random peoples houses using his trademark free kicks.

Who Do You Think You Are? - Mark Kerr, Keigan Parker and other Championship Manager legends are forced to play through their illustrious virtual careers while tearfully telling the camera what they were actually doing at that stage in their careers.

Big Brother - Andrew Shinnie gives a tear-filled voice over to a in-depth look at his vastly more successful and considerably more handsome younger brother.  Beginning in their early life and moving to their time as Aberdeen youth players, Andrew will break down a number of times lamenting how he ended up on loan at Championship club while his wee brother is the undisputed, best left-back/midfielder in Scotland and of course has the incomparable honour of playing for Scotland's most successful club. 

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Homes Under The Hammer- Jorg Albertz tours Scotland trying to knock down random peoples houses using his trademark free kicks.

Who Do You Think You Are? - Mark Kerr, Keigan Parker and other Championship Manager legends are forced to play through their illustrious virtual careers while tearfully telling the camera what they were actually doing at that stage in their careers.

Make both of these happen.

Now.

Beauty and the Geek, Austin McPhee and Ian Cathro  are forced to work together in order to make Hearts a championship side again.

Dallas: The dramatic soap drama starring referees Hugh and Andrew as themes of power, greed and staunchness break the family apart.

8 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

When we spent winters in Florida, a TV highlight  was the very traditional Monday Night Football. The broadcast was the full monte with pre and post game analysis, focus on potential match winning plays, players etc and all the TV trickery during the game, multi camera angles, slo mos, instant replays etc. To ensure a full crowd and atmosphere, there were local  TV blackouts.  I would be very happy to see such a tradition established here -  every Monday night from 7 till 10 pm although,  unfortunately, I no longer have a hot tub  to soak in while viewing.

46 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

When we spent winters in Florida, a TV highlight  was the very traditional Monday Night Football. The broadcast was the full monte with pre and post game analysis, focus on potential match winning plays, players etc and all the TV trickery during the game, multi camera angles, slo mos, instant replays etc. To ensure a full crowd and atmosphere, there were local  TV blackouts.  I would be very happy to see such a tradition established here -  every Monday night from 7 till 10 pm although,  unfortunately, I no longer have a hot tub  to soak in while viewing.

Problem is it's the English centre-piece slot, along with Sunday 4pm.

Archived