I enjoyed today's game.  We were very good at times and unlucky not to win.

Some frustrating play from Flood, Fraser and Spittal but, unlike recent weeks, there were no players who had a honking game; best game by Dixon in a while.  Also Toshney in defensive mid is far better than he is at RB though I still prefer Telfer alongside Flood.  Bell was at fault for the goal and though Zwick did not have much to do he was OK.

Jury still out on Mikellsen.

Steak bridies still as good as ever.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy enough with that. Nat is an absolute beast and seems to get better each week. Top save by Murdoch from the free-kick that should never had been. Moffat was slightly bellow form but don't think he can be blamed hugely for the miss, it was good defending.

Give Hibs the trophy now. No danger that United team is catching them. Think they'll fold in the play offs too.

Good point for us. We are making it tough for teams to get points against us these days.....like night and day before the clocks went back......

Flood bouncing off the machine that is Nat Wedderburn was lovely.
Happy overall with the point. Moffat should've scored before their goal but I felt we looked decent first half. The control from both teams at times though left a lot to be desired.
We gave Flood too much time on the ball at times and he dictated a lot of the play. Wedderburn was superb for us but given Murdoch had to make 2-3 outstanding stops a point was a more than decent result. Keeps the unbeaten run going anyway.

We were guilty of over-hitting passes today, like literally blasting the ball at each other. Pitch in really rough condition which didn't help at times. AJ actually made the changes at the correct times this week, sadly didn't manage to find an opening but it's a good point nonetheless.

Murdoch made some great saves. Wedderburn was superb. Didn't really happen for Higgy or McMullen like in recent weeks. Geggan is not a full back.

United play long balls into the channels and hope for the best. It's a good idea, because that's what works well in the lower leagues. Can tell the fans aren't that keen on it though; very poor following through and they didn't make a peep for most of the game,

8 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

IMG_1485630526.418996.jpg

If Carlsberg did chances...

In what fucking world does any striker aim for the left side of the goal there?

Said it last season, said it before this season, said it throughout this season and saying it again now.

For all Moffat's good touches/link-up play, he is not worth it and not good enough because he is nothing more than a liability in front of goal.

In what fucking world does any striker aim for the left side of the goal there?
Said it last season, said it before this season, said it throughout this season and saying it again now.
For all Moffat's good touches/link-up play, he is not worth it and not good enough because he is nothing more than a liability in front of goal.

I hope he reads this and becomes clinical, finishing season as top scorer. Just to make you eat your words. On another day it would have made it through the gap in the goalies legs.dad249d259cee6252618ce2662ac82ad.jpg162570f4b59c283e64c85a8ddf6b26a4.jpg

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Anyway, in case you missed it, the best bit of skill on show yesterday was this clever back heel nutmeg to set up a goal.c1c33cdf1c2c1d79cb87bcdb6f42904b.jpg408ca9d7884d849b06c6265c1ca38e42.jpg
6d170a7509bd687a70fbf255bc6104f8.jpg

I noticed that all round good guy (but not very good at football) Sean Dillon was over during half time talking to some of the players and the coaches. 

Is there any news on Cammy Bell? Looked in a really bad way, when leaving the pitch. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

He should have gone off immediately. I think to let him play on until half time was a bad decision, as he didn't look like he knew what day it was.

No news afaik, in answer to your question

He should have gone off immediately. I think to let him play on until half time was a bad decision, as he didn't look like he knew what day it was.

No news afaik, in answer to your question

Agreed, I couldn't believe he stayed on for the rest of the half. Having watched the behind goal footage (available on DAFC Facebook and twitter), he took some clattering from your defender. Wasn't sure what happened at the time, but looks a sore one. As I say, hopefully no serious damage done.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Agreed, I couldn't believe he stayed on for the rest of the half. Having watched the behind goal footage (available on DAFC Facebook and twitter), he took some clattering from your defender. Wasn't sure what happened at the time, but looks a sore one. As I say, hopefully no serious damage done.

Looked innocuous from the reverse angle, only noticed he'd stayed down after the goal celebrations.

2017-01-29 (2).jpg

5 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I hope he reads this and becomes clinical, finishing season as top scorer. Just to make you eat your words. On another day it would have made it through the gap in the goalies legs.

He won't.

United replaced an injured keeper with an injured keeper no? The one that came on was having real difficulties straight away. Looked like he was constantly holding on to his ribs and amazingly we never bothered to have a go at goal at any point after his introduction.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

United replaced an injured keeper with an injured keeper no? The one that came on was having real difficulties straight away. Looked like he was constantly holding on to his ribs and amazingly we never bothered to have a go at goal at any point after his introduction.

Nah. He's just crap.

Archived