Pars V Accies

Laid-back Accie

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Pretty sure it's next season. Why does he refuse to use subs until it's too late or there's an injury?

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

AJ is garbage.

He has absolutely no idea how to take charge of a game.

Posted just now · 

First half we were quite poor - no cohesion or passages of even halfway decent passing although Hamilton didn't really create much. We had the ball in the net but Morris was penalised for an arm up in the keeper's face (I think) then McMullan scored after being played in with a nice through ball and chipped finish. When Geggan went off there was no real change to the pattern of play which was nice to see a seamless transition. We kept them at bay for most of the second half and while it wad scrappy, we'd done well to go in ahead.

In the second half they had a good spell and Murdoch had to make two or three decent saves, including one where he got injured. Interestingly, I didn't see Hutton sent out to warm up, and luckily for us Murdoch was fine to continue. We then had a very good 10 minute spell where we had three great chances - McMullan should have rounded the keeper but clipped it wide, Moffat hit a shot fairly straight at the keeper and the ball looped up and over, the Higginbotham had a great chance to either place it in the corner or square it to Clark but he shanked it horribly wide. It looked like we'd regret those misses and Accies then had the rest of the game where we sat deeper and deeper, with Murdoch making another few fine stops and one great save but he could do nothing about the goal, as the shot curled in from the edge of the box after we hadn't cleared a corner. 

After that they had a lot of chances on the break and yet again we failed to make any subs til it was too late, despite the pitch being heavy and Clark and Higginbotham (who was bizarrely named Man of the Match by sponsors William Hill) looking jaded and out of form. Hopkirk came on for about 5 minutes while Reilly and Cardle would have been wondering what chance they're going to get if he isn't going to make any changes even in those circumstances. 

Overall a missed opportunity to get to the Quarter Finals and with a replay in front of around 1500 on Tuesday night to look forward (sic) to, the major feeling is frustration.

if we had taken our chances etc but at the end looks like we we trying to chuck the tie luckily Murdoch kept us in it, hope we dodge our impending fine after the pyro party in the cowden end the SFA were well pissed with us last season hopefully the warning of a fine is not carried through seasons. Might go on Tuesday how far is the train station from the ground?

He has absolutely no idea how to take charge of a game.

Da_no1 having his usual strop at anyone who goes against the club on dot net I see. You're posts were well reasoned and thought out and he does his usual confrontational nonsense about how you were quiet when we got a draw. Well let's just be happy we have a club. Ah well we got relegated ah well that's ok. Doesn't matter if we got beat. Well done lads clap clap clap.
What a load of pish.

Went along to this (must be mad as it was fucking freezing) Pars better first half and McMullan took his goal well. Dunfermline should have gone at least 2 up early second half but were made to pay for missing good chances.

Accies then came into the game more and equalised a draw was probably fair enough in the end.

Heard Accies fans caused a bit of bother just down from Queen Margaret station before the game saw all the police vans rushing along Halbeath Road as I went into the ticket office.

Went along to this (must be mad as it was fucking freezing) Pars better first half and McMullan took his goal well. Dunfermline should have gone at least 2 up early second half but were made to pay for missing good chances.
Accies then came into the game more and equalised a draw was probably fair enough in the end.
Heard Accies fans caused a bit of bother just down from Queen Margaret station before the game saw all the police vans rushing along Halbeath Road as I went into the ticket office.

Attracted them all to the pub. We were enjoying a quiet drink before 3 police vans turned up.

Just now, accies1874 said:

Attracted them all to the pub. We were enjoying a quiet drink before 3 police vans turned up.

I see the vans whizzing along the road:lol: my mate got off the train at QM and said a group of guys were hasling motorists at the traffic lights banging on their cars with a few drivers getting out to confront them:lol: Apparently the all pissed off into the Lizzie before the Police arrived.

Da_no1 having his usual strop at anyone who goes against the club on dot net I see. You're posts were well reasoned and thought out and he does his usual confrontational nonsense about how you were quiet when we got a draw. Well let's just be happy we have a club. Ah well we got relegated ah well that's ok. Doesn't matter if we got beat. Well done lads clap clap clap.
What a load of pish.

Tbf if Aj does turn it around he'll quite rightly be at the front of the queue to get me telt.

I doubt it'll happen though.

Should have won but could also easily be out of the cup. First goal was well worked; great ball from Moffat and a composed finish from McMullan. Three absolute sitters in the second half though. McMullan, Moffat and Higgy all ought to have scored. Was obvious to everyone that we'd pay for missing chances (again...) and so it proved. What a horrible goal though. Abject defending.

The lack of subs was pretty baffling. It was clear we were tiring. We'd had some luck running at their defence, so why not give Cardle 15-20 mins to have a go? AJ's inability to change a game is one of his biggest faults as a manager.

A replay is just shite. Would be very surprised if we got through to the last 8 now.

Accies fans at the train station and in the ground were horrifyingly cringeworthy. Group got into a fight with a motorist which stopped traffic near the Kwik-Fit garage and then there were three smoke bombs let off during the match. Absolute cretins.

Poor performance, I was worried about the line up, with Matthews coming in after a long time out, and starting the unproven Skondras. But they proved not to really be the problem.

Lucky to be still in it I'd say, Pars had a couple of great chances to double their lead, thankfully they seem to be as useless in front of goal as us. Awful pitch, I know people might say I have no right to complain with us having a plastic pitch, but that was pretty dreadful.

Seaborne is absolutely dire, and needs to gtf, The thistle fans seem to still go on about him, so they're welcome to him.

Really disappointed with gills, started in midfield but was rubbish and rightly subbed. Same with Brophy just hasn't lived up to his early promise.

For Tuesday I'd swap out Seaborne for McMann and Kurtaj for Brophy.

Archived