Clyde v Arbroath

And you don't think the club did anything wrong ?

Nobody should be spat on in any walk of life totally indefensible

You seem to think that the the only problem is fan behaviour that would make Jesus weep

I made no comment on anything other than the spitting fans.

No doubt you will put words in my mouth that imply that I'm a board lackey.

Whoops, you've already done it.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made no comment on anything other than the spitting fans.

No doubt you will put words in my mouth that imply that I'm a board lackey.

Whoops, you've already done it.

Simple question do you think the club were blameless today

I have already agreed spitting is a completely out of order

Simple question do you think the club were blameless today

I have already agreed spitting is a completely out of order

Since you asked for my opinion, I'll give it to you.

When the club announced that they would stop segregation I thought this would cause problems.

I thought they'd be trouble caused by away fans sitting in seats that have been occupied by individual Clyde fans for many seasons.

I also thought it would be better to have the away fans in a general away part of the stadium but still enter through the same gates, use the same toilets and pie stalls.

I also understand the reasons for the change. That is to save money.

It could have been organised better.
It seems lunacy to direct the away fans to the right of the stand. I'd love to hear the reason for that decision from the person responsible. I, however, do not know who that is.

Genuine question from me. What caused the trouble? Did it start with the spitting or was there more to it?

The Clyde fans that did the spitting should be ashamed.

Im not defending the way clyde supporters treated. Just saying its only two week old & mistakes will happen its how their dealt with my concern...

Tensions running high i accept. I prefer to stay away for now during league duty esp at home,Never liked it,Never will and results dont help

Honest mate if this continues the club is finished looked around today at our section there was virtually nobody there
Something radical needs done the CIC ain't working you can't run a professional football club with volunteers

It's time for the board to put their hands up and say we can't take this club forward and try and sell the club anything must be better than this

As said my boy says he isn't going back till it changes now that's both my sons life long clyde fans :(

Strange thing is that during the recent AGM Taylor discussed the possibility of using the stand behind the goal for away fans, saying it would save Stewarding costs. Thiis was generally agreed by members attending. Next thing we know we have non segregation and the resulting problems. We are just unbelievable.

Also on a brief return to the game itself, the manager on his audio seems to think we are actually playing well other than the Stirling league game, really??

Allso on a brief return to the game itself, the manager on his audio seems to think we are actually playing well other than the Stirling league game, really??

Just listened to the interview.

For him to think that Stirling was the only bad performance in this run is unbelievable.

He also said that today was a good game.

If he thinks that these are good performances, how does he fix the problems that we can all see but he so obviously can't? He appears after all in complete denial.

His lack of performance awareness does, however, explain his team selections and why some ineffectual players continuously get picked.

Strange thing is that during the recent AGM Taylor discussed the possibility of using the stand behind the goal for away fans, saying it would save Stewarding costs. Thiis was generally agreed by members attending. Next thing we know we have non segregation and the resulting problems. We are just unbelievable.
Allso on a brief return to the game itself, the manager on his audio seems to think we are actually playing well other than the Stirling league game, really??

Well they did tell you if we stay at Broadwood the club dies and if we don't change the name the club dies , that a new stqdium would be built in east kilbride ( not a brick laid yet ) they told you Ferguson was coming as player manager , shettleston was a great deal we will build covered terrace etc need I go on ?

And it was sucked up

On to managers comments deluded doesn't even get close

Nevermind you can always go to the golf day :)

5 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Think you know what I mean the board obviously think he is doing a good job

I don't believe that they will think that at this particular time he is doing well. Even Ferguson knows he isn't. The point is, will either:

1) Ferguson admits he hasn't a clue and resigns; or

2) The Board does what it should do and tell him he can't go on

The answer is neither, which is why we will continue to drop down the league and end up in a relegation play off scrap and also why I won't be back any time soon. I've been a fan for over 40 years and I'm afraid the last few have taken their toll. As I posted earlier, there's more entertaining things to do on a Saturday than hold my head in my hands at Broadwood. My dad and brother already gave up long ago and I think I've just joined them. 

I don't believe that they will think that at this particular time he is doing well. Even Ferguson knows he isn't. The point is, will either:
1) Ferguson admits he hasn't a clue and resigns; or
2) The Board does what it should do and tell him he can't go on
The answer is neither, which is why we will continue to drop down the league and end up in a relegation play off scrap and also why I won't be back any time soon. I've been a fan for over 40 years and I'm afraid the last few have taken their toll. As I posted earlier, there's more entertaining things to do on a Saturday than hold my head in my hands at Broadwood. My dad and brother already gave up long ago and I think I've just joined them. 

Totally understandable and the course taken by many fans must admit I'm not far off myself

The board are as deluded as the manager hear all this crap about their martyrdom in being a director of clyde ha ha

1 hour ago, relichtie said:

When were you last at Gayfield. We usually stand and are free to go along the whole side or either end. Fans of each club generally congregate beside each other and away from the opposition. In the second half we moved to the away end and there was no hassle at all as far as I am aware.

I was last at Gayfield last Saturday and as a season card holder, have been very many times in recent years. Yes, you and many Lichties may well stand behind the goal that Arbroath are attacking, but fortunately not everyone at the game thinks the same. Next week, instead of just looking towards the opposition goal, look left or right (depening on which half it is) and you will notice lots and lots of people in the main stand. Some of them also switch ends at half time and are fans of both teams on the pitch.

A little bit of a sarcastic reply to you, but I felt a bit irritated by your assumption that all Arbroath fans congregate behind the goal (We usually stand) and anyone who doesn't hasn't been to Gayfield in a while. I also think it is a bit of a presumption on your part to speak on behalf of all Lichties fans who go to games by saying "We usually stand...." oh, do we?

To reiterate my original point, when there is no segregation at Gayfield, any fans of any team can SIT anywhere they like in the stand. I didn't mention standing behind the goal.

Back to BF, why does he keep chopping and changing the starting 11 almost every week and why does he continually have players playing in all sorts of different position ? Here is a crazy idea why not play them in their natural positions and play them to their strengths instead. Thought I had seen it all until today, he takes off the only guy that will get you a goal and pushes Smith up front. Maybe he can try Gormley in goals next week.

Well it's quite clear that the consensus of opinion is that the club is being run well and that the only problem is the manager
Can't be bothered with it anymore (which the boards chums will be relieved about )
So you are welcome to huddle around the directors box and back slapping them at AGM while swallowing another fairy tail
Enjoy the eventual slide towards the lowland league

Over and out

Well it's quite clear that the consensus of opinion is that the club is being run well and that the only problem is the manager

Literally nobody has said that. The club is a shambles from top to bottom.

However you can't exactly blame the board for Arbroath fans getting spat on. Yes, the lack of segregation clearly was a disaster but the fault lies with the scum who think that's acceptable behaviour.

I was last at Gayfield last Saturday and as a season card holder, have been very many times in recent years. Yes, you and many Lichties may well stand behind the goal that Arbroath are attacking, but fortunately not everyone at the game thinks the same. Next week, instead of just looking towards the opposition goal, look left or right (depening on which half it is) and you will notice lots and lots of people in the main stand. Some of them also switch ends at half time and are fans of both teams on the pitch.
A little bit of a sarcastic reply to you, but I felt a bit irritated by your assumption that all Arbroath fans congregate behind the goal (We usually stand) and anyone who doesn't hasn't been to Gayfield in a while. I also think it is a bit of a presumption on your part to speak on behalf of all Lichties fans who go to games by saying "We usually stand...." oh, do we?
To reiterate my original point, when there is no segregation at Gayfield, any fans of any team can SIT anywhere they like in the stand. I didn't mention standing behind the goal.

I don't stand behind the goal but at the side opposite the main stand. I was pointing out that at Broadwood we were told we could sit anywhere by the stewards but Clyde fans were pointing out that some of our fans occupied seats they normally occupy. How were we supposed to know. As far as the stand at Gayfield I haven't sat in there for many a year but thought the home fans normally occupied the town end and the away the Pleasure land end.

Wasn't at the game today, but I find it incredible that anyone can get so worked up about a feckin Clyde game that they can spit on opposition fans. Who cares where away fans end up sitting ffs. Sometimes it's even good to have a chat with someone with a different perspective !! 

Archived