Clyde v Arbroath

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, relichtie said:

I don't stand behind the goal but at the side opposite the main stand. I was pointing out that at Broadwood we were told we could sit anywhere by the stewards but Clyde fans were pointing out that some of our fans occupied seats they normally occupy. How were we supposed to know. As far as the stand at Gayfield I haven't sat in there for many a year but thought the home fans normally occupied the town end and the away the Pleasure land end.

you can bet that where you were there is no reserved seating. So there was no way you should have had to move simply because someone sits around there every couple of weeks. Having said that, I can understand how you would have felt uncomfortable given where I'm assuming you ended up......

I don't think anyone can say that Ferguson has been hindered by the board. The debacle on the field is entirely his and his players fault.

It is however the board fault that his contract was extended with little evidence of successful managership.

2 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Back to BF, why does he keep chopping and changing the starting 11 almost every week and why does he continually have players playing in all sorts of different position ? Here is a crazy idea why not play them in their natural positions and play them to their strengths instead. Thought I had seen it all until today, he takes off the only guy that will get you a goal and pushes Smith up front. Maybe he can try Gormley in goals next week.

That could be a good shout actually, as Gormley has a remarkable habit of making sure the ball never finds the back of the net.

Montrose, Arbroath, Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Elgin, Berwick. All have grounds without any sort of segregation for the vast majority of games. What is it about Clyde fans that make them incapable of mixing with other supporters without resorting to spitting on people?

I don't at all have a problem with It, I say on front of the bunch of them On front of the neds at the back, as much as the accent bugs me they were just like us. Football fans there for the team supporting but only with a competent team. Might add one of you had a hilarious laugh was briliant.

Can't condone spitting its filthy and wrong so apologies for those that done it.

Hope you all as a good night smokie shaggers (had to have. A dig) and good luck cause we certainly have none with Barry blue nose useless baw heed in charge

Apologies for spelling slightly in pished yet still nlf forgetting our shambles of a club

I don't stand behind the goal but at the side opposite the main stand. I was pointing out that at Broadwood we were told we could sit anywhere by the stewards but Clyde fans were pointing out that some of our fans occupied seats they normally occupy. How were we supposed to know. As far as the stand at Gayfield I haven't sat in there for many a year but thought the home fans normally occupied the town end and the away the Pleasure land end.

The stand at Gayfield is completely mixed. I think normally the kids teams that play at half time sit in the pleasureland end. It's only split that way if segregation is enforced. If you stand across from the main stand you will have noticed that it can often be mixed home and away in that part of the ground.

I don't at all have a problem with It, I say on front of the bunch of them On front of the neds at the back, as much as the accent bugs me they were just like us. Football fans there for the team supporting but only with a competent team. Might add one of you had a hilarious laugh was briliant.

Can't condone spitting its filthy and wrong so apologies for those that done it.

Hope you all as a good night smokie shaggers (had to have. A dig) and good luck cause we certainly have none with Barry blue nose useless baw heed in charge

Apologies for spelling slightly in pished yet still nlf forgetting our shambles of a club

It was "Fish shaggggeeeers"

ETA- you shouldn't be apologising for the neds who spat on us, you should be naming and shaming them. Rid your club of them.

Just watched the highlights back.
The Clyde keeper has had a howler for the first goal.
Clyde should have probably been in front at HT. some of our marking was amateur at best.
Great delivery from Bobby for our winner

6 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That could be a good shout actually, as Gormley has a remarkable habit of making sure the ball never finds the back of the net.

He actually saved a penalty when he had to go in goals for Talbot once! 2 minutes in.

Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but how does opening another stand behind a goal save money on stewerds opposed to a sectioned off area in the same stand??? Surely opening another stand and having staff to run pie shops, work turnstiles and stewerd that area would cost more, never had any bother at a clyde game until yesterday, 

Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but how does opening another stand behind a goal save money on stewerds opposed to a sectioned off area in the same stand??? Surely opening another stand and having staff to run pie shops, work turnstiles and stewerd that area would cost more, never had any bother at a clyde game until yesterday, 

Can't see why the solution applied in the 2nd half when we moved or were asked to move to the ,for us, normal end we sit in wasn't used at the start of the game. Wouldn't need any more stewarding than was employed yesterday .

28 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Haven't you heard of the massive, global price rise of segregation tape?:lol:  It's so effective at preventing unwanted freedom of movement that D Trump has bought most of it, creating a scarcity.

We have to employ more stewards if the full stand is open. The health and safety certificate for Broadwood requires a ridiculous amount of stewards to be employed.

It would work out cheaper to open a small section in the stand behind the goal rather than have the full stand open.

Instead, the club has went with the cheapest option and just opened 2/3rds of the main stand and not bothered with the stand behind the goal. This would still give us around 2k seats and could easily section off a part for away fans.

There wasn't any issues during the Annan game and the whole thing could have been avoided if the stewards hadn't directed you to sit where all the Clyde youngsters congregate. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

We have to employ more stewards if the full stand is open. The health and safety certificate for Broadwood requires a ridiculous amount of stewards to be employed.

It would work out cheaper to open a small section in the stand behind the goal rather than have the full stand open.

Instead, the club has went with the cheapest option and just opened 2/3rds of the main stand and not bothered with the stand behind the goal. This would still give us around 2k seats and could easily section off a part for away fans.

There wasn't any issues during the Annan game and the whole thing could have been avoided if the stewards hadn't directed you to sit where all the Clyde youngsters congregate. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Im sure you no more about it than me as its your ground but How much of the main stand was closed though? About a 1/4?? How much more stewards does it take for that, surely it can't cost more than opening a full other stand, if it does that's utter madness, 

In his entire time here, BF's got various questions to answer.  But taking just this season and yesterday as an example

From last season's squad, most areas needed strengthened and he did that with the midfield.  But there's two key areas that unless you get right, you've no chance - scoring goals and stopping them going in the other end. Basic stuff, especially at this level

So he signs Peaso.  Proven goalscorer, and he's delivered.  Which is just as well as nobody else is in that position, and we now have to keep our fingers crossed he stays fit and healthy.

But you cannot go through a whole season conceding 2 or 3 goals a game and hope to do anything.  From day 1 we were doing that before there were injuries.  Perry comes in and for a while the defence tightens up meaning we don't have to score a barrowload to pick up 3 points.  But then it comes apart over the last couple of months.  It's clearly the problem area.  So in January, with limited resources, what does he do to address it.....sign 3 midfielders??  Don't get it.

It's got to be one of two things.  Either the players aren't good enough and should have been replaced, or they are good enough, aren't being coached right or played out of position, in which case he needs to be replaced.

Wouldn't worry there will soon be virtually nobody going to games :)

Self solving problem:)

Archived